Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Custom balls
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:54 pm 

miownkhan wrote:
The Twilight Zone 20th Anniversary Edition ultimate 1.02 h
My tables load OK in the editor. When I push play it starts loading.
They will finish loading, but still on loading screen.
You hear a sound from the table and then kicked the desktop with no error warning.

GeorgeH wrote:
"The Fifth Element" ... it crashed also in the same way.

Problem solved. You may redownload beta.zip. I hase new BAM.dll with fix.

All that tables are on thing common: at least one ball is on playfield right after load.
Because BAM is full initiated after rendering of 3 frames and ball apears on playfield befor that moment previous version crashes. New version works fine.
I tested 2 more tables: Familly Guy and 3Angels. On both tables problem apears in previous version and both works with new BAM.dll.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:34 pm 

Rafal,

"The Fifth Element" and "The Twilight Zone" don't crash now so it looks like your fix is good.

I tried Miownkhan's "Fireball Classic" ball that I downloaded from his from his first posting on this thread. I used it on the "Flame Reaper" table although the table probably doesn't make any difference. The rendering doesn't look right. The ball is displayed as a very dark red, almost black. Miownkhan sent me an older version that I also tried (link below) but it didn't look any different.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtsqhl3xovcup ... c.zip?dl=0

I reverted back to my old version of BAM set at 0 degrees rotation and used the "Fireball Classic" ball on the "Flame Reaper" table. The ball looked correct as I think Miownkhan intended.

George

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:26 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
... "Flame Reaper"... The ball is displayed as a very dark red, almost black. ...

I testesd "Flame Reaper ULTRA 1.02".
Problem don't apear on other tables, only on this one. I need more time to solve problem.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:26 am 

"Flame Reaper ULTRA 1.02" is the version of the table that I was using with the Fireball.

You are right. I tried the Fireball on another table and it looked normal. The only reason I tried the ball this table is that the theme fit. It appears to be a coincidence that i found this problem.

George

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:03 am 

Rafal,

I discovered another table that looks like it may have a rendering problem although it is not as obvious as the Fireball one. I used Miownkhan's "EYETOY" ball on the "Scared Stiff 1.1a Normal Ledwiz HD Zed Physics 1.0" table. The ball looked normal when I oriented the rotation of the table at 0 degrees. The ball looked lighter in color and somewhat distorted when I oriented the table at 270 degrees.

George

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:07 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
"Flame Reaper ULTRA 1.02" is the version of the table that I was using with the Fireball.

You are right. I tried the Fireball on another table and it looked normal. The only reason I tried the ball this table is that the theme fit. It appears to be a coincidence that i found this problem.

George

Another day, another bug fixed. :)
Please redownload beta.zip
I tested only "Flame Reaper".

Bug info:
Problem was not exacly related to ball drawning. In BAM i have to categorize all objects on table based on draw params. This time source of bug was object misinterpreted as ball. Now problem is fixed.
This type of bugs is very hard to catch. It apears only in very specyfic conditions:
- screen must be rotated.
- table must be "little borken" = there are on table objects with missing models.
- after draw of one object (missing one) next one must be rotated.
So, without George help, detailed info and link to specific table, without miownkhan pursuit to improve FP, i would never find this bug.
... and btw during "hunt for one bug" i have found another small FP bug, which sometimes may crash FP during load of table. TA-DA: two bugs fixed with one error report.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:43 am 

Rafal,

I have been away for a few days but I tried the "Flame Reaper" table with the "Fireball Classic" ball. It looks better than it was but there is still a big difference in the appearance of the ball when the table is at 0 degrees rotation than at 270.

The "EYETOY" ball on the "Scared Stiff" table doesn't look right either when the table is rotated to 270 degrees, in fact it doesn't look like an eye ball. It looks OK when when the table is at 0 degrees rotation.

I won't be able to check back until December 1.

George

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:47 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Rafal,

I have been away for a few days but I tried the "Flame Reaper" table with the "Fireball Classic" ball. It looks better than it was but there is still a big difference in the appearance of the ball when the table is at 0 degrees rotation than at 270.

The "EYETOY" ball on the "Scared Stiff" table doesn't look right either when the table is rotated to 270 degrees, in fact it doesn't look like an eye ball. It looks OK when when the table is at 0 degrees rotation.

I won't be able to check back until December 1.

George

I checked Eyeball.zip.
Here are mix-of-screenshots:
In normal mode (not arcade, not forced arcade mode). With new BAM eyeball looks for me the same ("the eye" looks at same direction).
It is for same as in arcade mode with new renderer.

In arcade mode and when New Renderer is disabled, "the eye" looks at wrong direction.
(***) On screenshot this case is marked with 3 stars.
This is error and i can't fix. When screen is rotated and i want to draw ball same way (in one pass) as when rotation=0, i have to brake texture reflection mapping. Reason is: when screen is rotated axis x/y are rotated and build in opengl-fixed-pipline (used by FP) Spherical Enviroment Mapping (texture coords mapping for reflections) work different.
This is why Christopher Leathley in FP draws ball different when screen is rotated. Chris solution was to draw ball in 3 passes. But it creates problem with artifacts.

---
Top-left image is taken when BAM uses very old lighting system.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 pm 

Rafal,

Something is still not right. I used the "New Render" lighting system on BAM with the "Flame Reaper ULTRA 1.02" table using Miownkhan's "Fireball". The first image below is from 0 degrees table rotation not using forced arcade mode. The second image is from the table at 270 degrees not using forced arcade mode. The third image is from the table at 270 degrees using forced arcade mode. Not only does the ball look different when the table is rotated but also when you use forced arcade mode or not. Is there something you can do to fix it?

George

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:30 am 

Rafal,

I have discovered another problem. When I play the "Transformers" table or "Gorgar" without using any custom balls, the balls color never changes color as they should when I have the table rotated 270 degrees. I was using the "New Renderer" light system. Can you fix this?

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner