Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Step-By-Step Instructions for Installation of BAM
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:07 am 

Did you right click on future pinball. Exe
And set run as administrator or select xp compatibility mode?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:04 am 

Yes I have done that thanks, I have gone back to the original FP installation with Slams 2.7 Exe as the default. Strange why it wont work with the 64 Bit Exe?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 pm 

stevegooner123 wrote:
I wanted to try the Zed 64 bit Future Pinball with the latest version of BAM. For the life of me I can`t get any table to play? & can`t get into the BAM menu as FP just crashes out after I click Play Table??.

I believe you need to delete opengl32.dll and QeffectsGL.ini from the Zed 64 bit Future Pinball folder.

I had this problem when I first tried Zed's Exe. It seems these two files are not compatible with Nvidia cards.

As for windows 10 the only "Compatibility" options needed is "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
I run fine with no other "Compatibility" options checked.

8-)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:09 pm 

I revised Step 13 extensively with more detail to make it more clear. I have added a new step, number 15. Those of you that are familiar with BAM might do me a favor and read it to make sure it reads better. I have learned some things about BAM since I wrote this guide and decided to incorporate them. I don't anticipate making any more changes to this guide in the immediate future.

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:25 pm 

stevegooner123 wrote:
Many thanks for your excellent guide to install BAM. I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 & deleted my old FP & BAM set up as I wanted to try the Zed 64 bit Future Pinball with the latest version of BAM. For the life of me I can`t get any table to play? & can`t get into the BAM menu as FP just crashes out after I click Play Table??. I have been using Future Pinball for years & am familiar with all the settings so I`m thinking that its a Registry Problem but the only Registry Key I know how to delete is the 1 software one using REG EDIT.
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for the complement. I wish I had a guide like this when I set up BAM on my PC.

The only file I used in the Zed download was the "Future Pinball Zed x64 1.1.exe". I renamed this file as "Future Pinball.exe" and replaced my existing "Future Pinball.exe" executable. I didn't realize it at the time, but after reading Miownkhan's posting above it appears I avoided some problems by doing this because I use an Nvidia graphics card. I highly recommend following Miownkhan's advice.

George

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:32 am 

stevegooner123 wrote:
Many thanks for your excellent guide to install BAM. I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 & deleted my old FP & BAM set up as I wanted to try the Zed 64 bit Future Pinball with the latest version of BAM. For the life of me I can`t get any table to play? & can`t get into the BAM menu as FP just crashes out after I click Play Table??. I have been using Future Pinball for years & am familiar with all the settings so I`m thinking that its a Registry Problem but the only Registry Key I know how to delete is the 1 software one using REG EDIT.
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Just for other's that run into this.

The best way to delete FP for a fresh install is to download a program called revo uninstaller and use that to find any folders and registry items. Using the stock windows deinstaller does not clear out a few things, like registry items or stuff in your windows user folder like documents. It's free, and does a excellent job. I upgraded to Win10, and had to do a fresh install of both fp and vp, and it worked far better using this program, as it got everything. (Just make sure you backup your tables/nram etc folders first)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:10 am 

Many thanks for the info guys it`s much appreciated. :)
I have got the Zed 64bit working after deleting those 2 files but I was expecting a better FPS from FP but I am still getting 50 FPS on most tables but more demanding tables like Shootanza I only get 26 FPS & some of Slams tables like Robocop & Aliens Ultimate don`t even load & crash my pc.

Amd Radeon R9 200, 2048 MB
8gb RAM, Windows 10 64 Bit,
AMD FX Quad core 4300

Is my set up poweful enough as It runs Visual Pinball 10 quite good with minimal lag?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:11 pm 

stevegooner123 wrote:
Many thanks for the info guys it`s much appreciated. :)
I have got the Zed 64bit working after deleting those 2 files but I was expecting a better FPS from FP but I am still getting 50 FPS on most tables but more demanding tables like Shootanza I only get 26 FPS & some of Slams tables like Robocop & Aliens Ultimate don`t even load & crash my pc.

Amd Radeon R9 200, 2048 MB
8gb RAM, Windows 10 64 Bit,
AMD FX Quad core 4300

Is my set up poweful enough as It runs Visual Pinball 10 quite good with minimal lag?

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about hardware. I was about to suggest trying what I posted on this link but it is for an Nvidia graphics card.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6201

I have read that Windows 10 is having problems with graphics cards. From what I've read, you pretty much have to wait for the graphics card manufacturers to revise their drivers though I'm not read anything about AMD.

You might try performing Steps 6 and 12 of this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

I can say there is very little penalty for changing to Bilinear Texture Filtering instead of using Trilinear.

You can try changing the setting "Hardware Lights to Use" on the FP "Video /Rendering Options" screen to "0".

Maybe one of the other guys can help?

Sorry I can't help more,

George

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:34 am 

I revised Step 7 to address Stevegooner123's problem with FP crashing when he tried the Zed FP executable. I also revised Step 17 in the guide "Help for New Members / Setting Up Future Pinball" to address this problem. In fact, I've noticed that some follow this BAM installation guide but somehow miss the "Help for New Members / Setting Up Future Pinball" guide so I revised the "Comment" section at the beginning with a link to it.

If anyone has any suggestions for improvements, please feel free to post your ideas here.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:31 pm 

I have revised the "Comments" section at the beginning slightly and also added more detail to Step 7.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner