Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM & FP: Defnitive Guide
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:21 am 

Not important exe file you are using,If you have 2.7 exe will by default have this Physics..
I use 2.5 exe and all physics

FP slamtilt rubbers.xml
fp-org.xml
fp-p2.4.xml
fp-p2.5.xml
fp-p2.6.xml
fp-p2.7.xml
Zendonius_v1.0.xml

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:47 pm 

Figured it out.

If you don't have a default.xml, or a tablename.xml, (or a custom zip) then BAM just uses the internal physics of the EXE.

If you are using SLAMT1LT's 2.7 exe from his site, and want to have "his" 2.7 as an xml file so you can use another EXE...then do this.

- Load a table with BAM (make sure you DON'T have a default.xml or tablename.xml) using SLAM's 2.7 exe

- hit "Q" to bring up BAM menu. Confirm there are no physics files being used by looking in the bottom right corner.

- goto the config menu. Choose "save tablename.xml"

-the new "tablename.xml" that was created (which is named the same as the table you loaded ) is now SLAMT1LT's 2.7 physics in an XML file. Now you can use this XML file with any version of FuturePinball.exe you want!

Just name the new "tablename.xml" file "fp-SLAMT1LT 2.7.xml" and stick it in the BAM/XML folder for future use.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 pm 

I decided to revise my previous post to add Slamt1lt's Physics 2.7 to the Physics versions 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 that I had posted. All these versions are available here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6173

Slam did post the content of the XML on the "Help" page of his web site although he saved it into a Word document for some reason that I can't explain. I created versions 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 in the manner exactly as TerryRed said.

You probably won't use 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 very much. There are a few tables posted on pinsimdb that use 2.3. I mainly use the earlier versions as something to try when I don't like the physics of a table. I have found that 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 nearly always work on a 1.0 table.

George

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:59 pm 

One thing I don't seem to have is a 2.5 FuturePinball.exe without the watermark. I have a 2.6 without it though.

Also, what physics is the original FuturePinball.exe (with watermark) that is part of the installer fromk the Future Pinball website (in terms of 2.4,2.5,etc...)?

I'm just making sure that I understand each version correctly. I know I can just use the XML I want, but I want to make sure the EXE's I have are correctly labelled for the physics they use internally.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:27 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I decided to revise my previous post to add Slamt1lt's Physics 2.7 to the Physics versions 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 that I had posted. All these versions are available here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6173

Slam did post the content of the XML on the "Help" page of his web site although he saved it into a Word document for some reason that I can't explain. I created versions 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 in the manner exactly as TerryRed said.

You probably won't use 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 very much. There are a few tables posted on pinsimdb that use 2.3. I mainly use the earlier versions as something to try when I don't like the physics of a table. I have found that 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 nearly always work on a 1.0 table.

George

I'm slowly going through the process of sorting my tables by physics, led-wiz, zed.

For now my table downloads are being sorted into separate physics folders

(2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.7 SLAMT1LT, Zed, Led-Wiz,Unknown physics)

and each table has their own folder within those as well.

When they are all setup ALL table *.fpt files MUST be in the tables folder, not within their own directories in the tables folder for Pinball X to work correctly!

Any recommendations on any more physics version folders I need ? I'm basically just looking on pinsimdb for the physics version as a reference, unless otherwise stated within the file itself.

This way I can one day do a nice setup for Pinball X on my desktop PC for Future Pinball as well as my cabinet.

I will probably have files labelled along the lines of:

Tron Legacy (Ultimate) (p2.7).fpt

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Ultimate) (pZed).fpt

Back to the Future (Data East) (p2.5).fpt

...this way when I have finally have matching xml files all done, I can just push "Q" in BAM to see what version of the table I am running Tron Legacy (Ultimate) (p2.7).xml

This will make it much easier for organizing withing Pinball X as well. this is mainly for the older tables. the newer tables tend to use 2.7 or Zed anyways.

What do you think?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:50 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
One thing I don't seem to have is a 2.5 FuturePinball.exe without the watermark. I have a 2.6 without it though.

Also, what physics is the original FuturePinball.exe (with watermark) that is part of the installer fromk the Future Pinball website (in terms of 2.4,2.5,etc...)?

I'm just making sure that I understand each version correctly. I know I can just use the XML I want, but I want to make sure the EXE's I have are correctly labelled for the physics they use internally.

I'll send you a PM with all the old versions although I don't see why you need it. I personally use the Zed version for everything and add XML files to change it to any version I want. I prefer the Zed version because it has a 64 bit version that I use on my 64 bit system. The 64 bit version has the advantage of being able to allocate more memory to the table and makes it perform better. You can get it here:

https://mega.nz/#!XcYQET7K!EPm56hpPFvpd ... a2IBMwShRI

The "fp-org.xml" file is the original FuturePinball.exe (with watermark) that is part of the installer from the Future Pinball website.

George

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:48 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
I'm slowly going through the process of sorting my tables by physics, led-wiz, zed.

For now my table downloads are being sorted into separate physics folders

(2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.7 SLAMT1LT, Zed, Led-Wiz,Unknown physics)

and each table has their own folder within those as well.

When they are all setup ALL table *.fpt files MUST be in the tables folder, not within their own directories in the tables folder for Pinball X to work correctly!

Any recommendations on any more physics version folders I need ? I'm basically just looking on pinsimdb for the physics version as a reference, unless otherwise stated within the file itself.

This way I can one day do a nice setup for Pinball X on my desktop PC for Future Pinball as well as my cabinet.

I will probably have files labelled along the lines of:

Tron Legacy (Ultimate) (p2.7).fpt

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Ultimate) (pZed).fpt

Back to the Future (Data East) (p2.5).fpt

...this way when I have finally have matching xml files all done, I can just push "Q" in BAM to see what version of the table I am running Tron Legacy (Ultimate) (p2.7).xml

This will make it much easier for organizing withing Pinball X as well. this is mainly for the older tables. the newer tables tend to use 2.7 or Zed anyways.

What do you think?

You may want to add a "Custom Physics" folder. The 2.7 physics on pinsimdb is really custom physics by one author (not Slamt1lt).

There are 2 versions of Zed 1.0 and 1.1. I just discovered a Zed 1.11 though I'm not sure where to get it. You may want to add folders for each.

I'm sure you already know Led-Wiz is not physics and the affected table could use any physics version.

I don't know why you would need "Unknown physics". The tables on pinsimdb that do not say what physics to use are Physics 1.0. Be aware that a few tables do not have tags for the version of physics. You really need to read the entire posting. In fact you will need a 1.0 folder for the original physics.

For me, this system would be confusing because I often do not use the recommended physics especially on Slamt1lt's tables. For example, on his latest Aliens Legacy table, I use Physics 2.5 because the ball is too fast for me using his 2.7. You may not experiment with different physics as I do so this system may work for you. I basically don't worry about physics after I get it initially set up, unless I don't like the physics and then I change it. I have been adding the version number of the physics inside the *.XML file as a note so I can see what I have been using. You can open the *.XML files with Notepad.

On the naming of the fpt files, I would be sure to include the version number posted on pinsimdb so you can check to see if you have the most current version. Be aware that Slamt1lt versions need more than the version number. For example, "Star Trek - The Next Generation (20th Anniversary Edition) 1.05" is an earlier version than "Star Trek - The Next Generation Anniversary Edition VIP 1.02". The key here is that VIP comes before Ultimate and I don't remember the grades in between. I name my tables exactly as I have posted the names on my best tables list that you have seen although I sometimes which I included the original manufacturer of the table. I do post my favorite tables with a (`) before the name so they sort first in the list. I have all 400 + table files saved to the "Tables" folder. Although the library files will function correctly in the "Tables" folder, I save them to the "Libraries" folder to save some of the clutter. It does become nearly impossible to figure out what library files go with which table. You may want to save them to the same folder as the table since you will have only one table to a folder.

I hope this helps,

George

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:34 pm 

This helps ALOT, and you have pretty much summed up what I'm doing right now.

My intention for sorting these by physics, is so I know what physics version the table was "intended" for. Some tables simply don't operate properly at all with the incorrect physic version. So it gives me a baseline to start from. Afterward, I will "experiment" with settings and different xml versions to see what I really like, if possible for the table to function. This evolves over time.

If I don't see any tags for physics at all, for now it goes into the unknown folder, with the assumption it is most likely going to be a 1.0 table. After all the other tables are sorted, then I will study the posts for the table to see if I can get more info.

Some of the really old tables are kind of a giveaway what physics version they are...like some of Roney's tables dated back to 2006!

I do have a "custom" folder as well.

I know the Led-Wiz tables have different physics among them. This was just for cabinet feedback sorting, so i know what tables already have Led-wiz support. I will still sort out their physics as well.

I took a long while for me to sort out the different version of SLAM's tables / mods a year ago. Now I know the difference between vip, ultimate, 2.6, SLAM's specific 2.7,etc.. and yes I always check for each version number. STTNG is a good example of a newer version that is actually an older version. PinSimDB has a 1.05, yet SLAM will release 1.03 on his website "soon".

The table naming convention I will play with. I was really trying to stay away from version numbers before on my cabinet to make it easier for media naming in Pinball X. Now I think i would rather have it something like:

Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Edition) (v1.12) (p2.7).fpt

The only possible issue is how Pinball X handles the brackets. Normally it displays just the table name without the brackets (when browsing tables), but you need to have the entire filename including brackets for media file naming. It may only "hide" the first brackets...I'll have to play around a bit.

I'll probably have my own (pRed) for my own custom physics on tables I change... one day. :)

I will definitely try the 64 bit Zed version! When trying Zed tables before (like STTNG Zed) with other FP exe versions, the performance of the table in terms of fps was terrible compare to 2.5,2.6,2.7 tables. In a cabinet, FP runs not as nicely compared to desktop because it requires more rendering power (more polygons and BAM's better rendering) and it is running on 2 or 3 screens which can mess up OpenGL rendering efficency for full screen as well. Even though i'm running an i5 2500K, GTX 960, 8 Gig RAM, which is more than enough normally.

Lots to do, but I'll be much happier knowing what each table actually is in my cabinet and on my desktop!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:10 pm 

So, I've been getting tables sorted nicely so far. I understand physics 1.0,2.4,2.5,2.6,2.7,2.7 SLAMT1LT, Zed, and Custom tables.

What I wasn't sure about is there anything between 1.0 and 2.4? Are there any tables that have any real difference if they are not 2.4 or above, and I should just assume they are 1.0?

Edit: Just read your previous post...understand about the 1.0 to 2.3 tables.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:28 pm 

64 bit version does not play Slam's DMD textures well for me. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner