Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: New and improved 2.8 physics (this one is the best yet!)
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:18 pm 

Good news!

I am about to unleashed a new tweaked physics and more than 75 freshly tuned up tables
on pinsimdb. Look for them, they will be named : "STEVE'S2.8NEWANDIMPROVEDPHYSICSFORBAM" _tableName.zip

..of course there is no such thing. But wait a bit, someone will come with it very soon.

food for thoughts.

Post subject: Re: New and improved 2.8 physics (this one is the best yet!)
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:48 pm 

HappyCab wrote:

Good news!

I am about to unleashed a new tweaked physics and more than 75 freshly tuned up tables
on pinsimdb. Look for them, they will be named : "STEVE'S2.8NEWANDIMPROVEDPHYSICSFORBAM" _tableName.zip

..of course there is no such thing. But wait a bit, someone will come with it very soon.

food for thoughts.

Well, I must tell you that I did a great job with my new " physics" work
I got to raise 2.9 kg each arm.
Excuse me Steve, I beat you, I hope you will accept your defeat :lol: :lol:

This is obviously very serious ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:21 pm 

HappyCab wrote:

Good news!

food for thoughts.

Damn!!! I was hoping this was real. :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:56 pm 

Damn, and I was so looking forward to having a 6th new version of fp with 75 tables that I already have multiple copies of. :)

I'm here to announce that I have a un-modable version of FP that you can only make old EM tables on, and none of this newer useless stuff like ramps and toys can even be used. Anyone interested? :)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: Jungle Girl

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:35 pm 

Well, 3rd or 4th time I would have to re-script all the tables for Ledwiz and DMD....

I think I'll quit here soon, too..... It is no fun anymore... I'll stay at my old tables and will be PLAYING now instead of rescripting and recalibrating all my installed tables all the time.

I do understand you, steve... it just suxxxxx

Last edited by ChrissOnline on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:09 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:47 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh vraiment Steve? Avant que quelqu'un pose la question je me lance, quand allez vous sortir cette nouvelle physique? Quelles sont les 75 tables?
Est-ce qu'elle fonctionnera avec BAM? :lol: :D

J'ai hâte de tester cela il n'y a pas assez de choix pour le moment! :D

Avez vous prévu après de sortir une physique 2.9? puis une 2.10? à non je suis confus ça sera 3.0 plutôt, non? :lol:

Trêve de plaisanteries, avez vous abandonné Shootanza?

Tout cela n'est qu'une blague bien sur je n'est pas pu résister, honnêtement je suis heureux que certains améliore la physique, même si ça pourrait être plus simple si les gars se réunissaient pour faire une seule physique modifié et en plus peut être que le rendu serait encore meilleur et tout simplement incroyable et exceptionnelle.

Pour le moment je dois dire que la physique de Zedonius (n'est pas testé 2.7) est la meilleur pour moi!

Merci encore de construire toutes ces merveilleuses tables et d'améliorer la jouabilité les gars , quand j'ai découvert FP j'avais lu des messages disant qu'il n'y aurait bientôt plus de tables de créées et que le jeu allais doucement disparaître, et 2 ans après il y a un nombre incroyable de très bonnes tables et la physique à grandement été amélioré.

Merci à tous de continuer de faire vivre le meilleur jeu video et à Gopinball et Pinsimdb sans qui je pense FP serait tombé au oubliette depuis longtemps! ;)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 pm 

sorry for the fan but yeah benucio...I have stopped working on anything pinball for now.

I am not interested in feeding that confusion of a hobby and might come back if someone truly find a way to stop that nonsense called : "my physic is better than yours".

anyway, you get the drift...In the meantime...you all have multiple copies of the same tables to entertain you so...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:10 am 

Sorry to hear that Steve but understandable, and you are not alone either. I stopped work on 2 tables till things shake out at least. With so many different systems, and doubtless many new versions of those systems, it's very hard to justify spending months on a table and support one version when only a couple hundred people use that version.

There's lots of other things we can do with our time after all. It's a shame, because all you have to do is look at VP. Even though there are active people developing VP, there are really no people making tables anymore. Of course, they kind of shot themselves in the foot... several times... with a Machine gun, but it's also too complex for most people to use (and no one around to teach them). With all the new stuff we have learned, plus all these new versions that is exactly what is happening here.

Again I will repeat this, and not just myself but a lot of people want this, One master version that incorporates everything into one version, and a installer so people don't have to worry about settings etc would be real nice. You look at the BAM thread, it's over 110 pages and a lot of it are people having problems setting it up. Even people not using it are put off from even trying it because it does look overly complex and a lot of people don't even need most of it.

To be honest, I would just be happy to have a exe with the ability to use a external physics file, and patched to be able to use more table objects (but copy and paste beyond 800 as well)

Still, I've been around so long that pinball is ingrained in every one of my cells, so while we are all waiting for a solution, I decided though to work on design concepts instead to shake off the rust, and I do enjoy just doing a pure design every once in a while. I will start back up on both Bally tables when things get better. Just not capable of quitting something I have loved for nearly 40 years now. :)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: Jungle Girl

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:02 am 

Yes unfortanatly everybody wants there own physics, but there not always the right ones :S

But for the table builders,.... why not just building the tables and let those guys make there own physics, you guys know better right??

But i understand your points and unfortanatly i cant build tables of physics, so now im stuck with tables they dont play very well, cause the zedpinballs are my favorite ;)

Hope that the guys that are making there physics stop and combine with table builders like blue or happycab so there are more tables to build and rebuild for players that love and apriciate there hard work!!

SO STOP MAKEING GODDAMN PHYSICS THAT DOESN"T PLAY AS IT SHUT BE!!! and leave the profesionals do there work :geek:

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner