Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release threa
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:38 am 

George: You can do an advanced search and choose the tag Physics 2.7. It should list all the 2.7 tables (I have refreshed the db).

GeorgeH wrote:
How do I do download the tables listed on the first posting? They have been deleted from Media Fire, presumably because of an age limit. I only found the 2.7 versions of "War Of The Worlds" and "Centigrade" on pinsimbd.org.

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:19 am 

open6l wrote:
George: You can do an advanced search and choose the tag Physics 2.7. It should list all the 2.7 tables (I have refreshed the db).

GeorgeH wrote:
How do I do download the tables listed on the first posting? They have been deleted from Media Fire, presumably because of an age limit. I only found the 2.7 versions of "War Of The Worlds" and "Centigrade" on pinsimbd.org.

George

It looks like you got all of them. Great job!

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:14 pm 

Thanks, open6l

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:51 pm 

blue wrote:
This really is getting ridiculous.

We now have the original build, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, Zed, Bam, and previous versions of SlamTilts stuff, plus this unity thing as well. I gave up a couple months ago, and the community has split into multiple fractions depending on which physics they have. I hate to imagine the strain on PinSim having to host all these different versions of the same table.

Here is a idea. Why doesn't someone just add a physics properties section for each object in the editor that allows a person to input his own physics? You need different physics by era anyway, and will at least help solve this mess of multiple versions.

BAM does it (if I remember well).

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:35 pm 

I just gotta say I've been playing BAM in VR and the x27v1 tables are the best playing tables I've found yet.
I've been trying to analyze his work to help tweak Slamtilts tables ..since I love Slam's ultimate tables he's released(LOTRO,TFTC, Addams Family ect).

Its a real shame he stopped sharing his work.. I just wanted to say thanks for what he did put out there

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:44 pm 

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

What do you mean?
you can his latest at above link

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:16 pm 

Gimli wrote:
http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

What do you mean?
you can his latesdt at above link

It is rather confusing but the Physics 2.7 on pinsimdb.org is not the same as Physics 2.7 on Slamt1lt's site. Physics 2.7 on pinsimdb.org is really custom physics because each table has it's own *.xml file and the contents of the are *.xml file are unique for each table. Bigsilverhotdog may have developed it before the term "Custom Physics" became popular.

Slamt1lt has a new version of physics that he posted on the "Help" page of his new web site. He uses the same *.xml file that he calls Physics 2.7 for all the tables that he has posted on his new site. In my opinion, his tables often play too hot so I often end up changing the physics. Like on Aliens Legacy, I ended up using Physics 2.5 because it slows the ball down some and it actually plays pretty well that way. Slamt1lt's tables usually have gameplay with video clips and other things to keep things interesting but I usually end up changing the physics. It is the reason I learned how to create my own physics.

George

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:32 am 

yes i ment bigsilverhotdog's tables..all his were prefixed with the x27v1 in the file name
for example compare the way his Addams Family Gold edition plays
http://www.pinsimdb.org/res/download-103047
vs Slamt1lt's and Zed's . I find its the best FP version for play ability, tho i love Slamt1lts's presentation and extras. I find Zed's all play to fast for my taste

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:02 pm 

bloodydrake wrote:
yes i ment bigsilverhotdog's tables..all his were prefixed with the x27v1 in the file name
for example compare the way his Addams Family Gold edition plays
http://www.pinsimdb.org/res/download-103047
vs Slamt1lt's and Zed's . I find its the best FP version for play ability, tho i love Slamt1lts's presentation and extras. I find Zed's all play to fast for my taste

Another way is to go to the advanced search on pinsimdb.org and search for the tag "FP Physics 2.7".

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner