Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release threa
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 pm 

bigsilverhotdog wrote:
.............I am releasing updated/tweaked tables offering superior physics prepared with BAM in mind..................

I can not load any table. Why?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:39 am 

Hello bigsilverhotdog,
it sounds very interesting! is it possible to re upload the links, those on the first post no longer work and I would like to test your work ...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:39 pm 

I'm sorry if you felt attacked by people. The situation with the various physics does look exasperating until someone explains it. You explained it quite well, but unfortunately exasperated people don't listen well.

There is definitely an audience out there that likes what we can get of your work (for me that's Centigrade 37, Taxi and War of the Worlds) and would like to see more.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 pm 

Hi, I am using Future Pinball for a year now but are really a noob about using it as an editor but it wasn't hard for me to understand BAM and realize that it is the most important invention since the first physic mods. And I am really pissed right now about all this ignorance and arguing with half knowledge that is going on in this thread! As a PC gamer I am not used to this level of ignorance, where people are angry and hostile over a free innovation that makes a game better and easier to use. On the Skyrim modding community for example people are thankful for everything that betters there game, are willing to read a guide to install it and are asking for help if they it a dead end. And if they don't want to use something or can't because the lack the necessary hardware, they are happy that it still exist for others the enjoy. And that is a community of probably younger people compared to here. That get's you really thinking.

It looks like Bigsilverhotdog left Gopinball, at least it's files are down and he isn't responding since November to inquiries in this thread. It is just a damn shame and I blame many here in this thread for it!

HappyCab wrote:
Ok, based on that arguments, can you tell me why there is so many thread about "Hey man, can you help me run FP like the rest of you with my super killer new PC"?

Usually these posts contain miles of information about video card type, CPU, RAM, Disable this, install that, tweak this thing in the registry...you know...
Every software requires certain hard- and software as a minimum. Your internet browser for example won't run on Windows 3.11 or a 486 CPU. This is true for Future Pinball as well as the new renderer of BAM. But that renderer is completely optional. If you use BAM without it it should work on the same machine that can run Future Pinball alone.

Other than that, neither BAM nor new physics have anything to do with your hardware.

HappyCab wrote:
So you tell me you found a universal way to fix all that or that it was not true all along...Yay, I am so happy!
Neither Bam nor a new physics pack will fix hardware problems that you have with Future Pinball! That is not what there trying to do. That should be obviously!

HappyCab wrote:
Wrong again, I said that ALL the confusion coming from everywhere did.
yours is just one more on top of the pile until the next one.
Installing BAM is as complicated as downloading a new table. All you need to do is open a ZIP/RAR, drag it's content into your Future Pinball folder and double click on the exe to start Future Pinball. I refuse to believe that people that are able to build there own fucking cab are not able to install BAM.

And if you don't understand it, why don't you just ask for help? Explain what is unclear and ask for instructions. Take a lead from the user Benucio. He ask a question to make his own situation (not using BAM) better and when ask why he is in that situation, he explained his self. That's way more constructive than to angrily attack a free project!

Quote:
If you're going to ban me for standing up for myself then get on with it.

this one alone make my point. I have no banning power as I don't even own the site or am a moderator to it for more than a year now. What??? you didn't read that info anywhere, in one single of the many thread about it since the course of one year..?

How is it relevant to my argument? I just said that 3 weeks from now anyone will have forget about your thread because there is too similar thread out there to follow about the same subject.

time will make my argument valid, just wait and see.

Quote:
Obviously it's your own decision what you do with your own cab but as you well know the old saying 'you will be missing out' going forward.

I just decided to skip the confusing part of the process which some of you don't see.
I am never far and will surely come back for production when all this nonsense cool down.

have a nice day.[/quote]

HappyCab wrote:
I simply say, If "I" with all the knowledge I have about FP can get confused imagine the one less SAVVY.
This all has nothing to do with being tech savvy or not IMO, all some needs to do is try to understand a explanation and ask questions about thinks that are unclear. Or just follow the installation guide of BAM, it is not that hard at all!

HappyCab wrote:
until you realize that FP is CPU(or whatever) dependent and don't run the same on my computer than it does on yours even with the best physics recipe in the world.
Just not true at all. Future Pinball's physics are in no way CPU dependent.

HappyCab wrote:
..and also until next week, when a newbie just come up and say : "you know what! forget about that 2.7 version...my 2.8 is a lot more better..."
If you would want to use that newbies table than you could just download and use it with BAM installed (as long as he supports it). No changing exe, no waiting for other tables to update it, no nothing. Just use the table, BAM will apply the physics.

And a table creator doesn't need to use newer physic packages. He/she doesn't need to care if there is already a 4.8 package, if he thinks that 2.5 is the right one he can use it and his table will still work as intended when everybody else uses the 4.8 package.

HappyCab wrote:
you guys really don't get it, You are killing it for a lot of us. My current state is that I have personally removed everything FP related on my cabinet just to keep Pinball Arcade and Pinball Fx2.
Why, you could just stop downloading new tables if you really don't care.

blue wrote:
This really is getting ridiculous.

We now have the original build, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, Zed, Bam, and previous versions of SlamTilts stuff, plus this unity thing as well. I gave up a couple months ago, and the community has split into multiple fractions depending on which physics they have.

There is no need for that! Just install BAM as a player (that is all you have to do to be compatible to different physic packs!) and support it as a creator. That way you don't need to remake your tables for newer versions and can chose the xml that you prefer. As you said yourself, there is a need for different physics for different tables! BTW, I love your Star Trek table :-)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:15 pm 

xxthegodxx wrote:
There is no need for that! Just install BAM as a player (that is all you have to do to be compatible to different physic packs!) and support it as a creator. That way you don't need to remake your tables for newer versions and can chose the xml that you prefer. As you said yourself, there is a need for different physics for different tables! BTW, I love your Star Trek table :-)

I do have BAM, and decided not to support it. I just got a PM about this, and I explained why a few times before, but I find no need to actually use BAM or Zed in my tables. Just a classic Bally guy, and as you can tell, I don't need custom xmls to make my games play fine with the physics included. ST was 2.5, I'm looking at 2.6 and seeing what needs to be done to shape gameplay for the next table

As to making any remakes, far as I am concerned, if people don't like my table because of changes made by modding illegally a program, then they are more than welcome to make their own tables instead of playing mine. :)

(I guess we all play modded exe now)

Besides, when I do a remake, it's completely remade, from scratch as I constantly change my techniques, any special additions to the build and graphics styles. I will support whatever I am using, and at the moment, it's 2.5/2.6.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:55 pm 

But to support BAM you would only need to add a xml file to the rar container of your game before uploading it to PSD and it would secure that whoever downloads your table (with BAM installed) would play it the way you meant it to be played. It gives you as the author of the table more control over it (as long as the enduser isn't actively changing the xml). And even if a user that never heard of BAM installs your table, the only downside is that he would extract a xml file that causes no harm into is table folder.

tl;dr: Only positives, no negative; and virtually no extra work for you.

It is of course up to you how you release your tables :-) I was / am more angered how users blame 'more options' for there problems.

P. S. Because you said it would be illegal: Publishing a tool to edit an Exe (BAM) and the parameters to edit (the xml file) isn't illegal in literally all countries AFAIK, publishing a modded copy of a none open source file (Future Pinball.exe with 2.5/2.6 settings) is on the other hand.

Last edited by xxthegodxx on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:03 am 

Just post the table and tag it with the appropriate physics on PinSimDB. That way it is left up to the user to choose whether to apply the xml themselves or use a different executable etc... Win/Win for both parties.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 am 

open6l wrote:
Just post the table and tag it with the appropriate physics on PinSimDB. That way it is left up to the user to choose whether to apply the xml themselves or use a different executable etc... Win/Win for both parties.
I see no downside in additionally providing for example the 2.6 xml that the table is intended for in the RAR/ZIP with the table (since stock Future Pinball will just ignore it), but of course that is up to the author :-)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 am 

I don't do tables for anyone else, just for me, because these are the games that got me hooked, and I have a personal connection to them. It is my choice how I make those games, because it's my time involved and how much work I am willing to do based on how much I loved a particular game. I've seen 4 or 5 different fpt versions in one zip, and I have no interest in being involved in anything like that, especially being as slow a table maker as I am, so one version only. I do spend way too much time on my builds, but I guess it makes me unique in some ways.

People can add the xml file themselves just as well, and I would rather be making tables than just talking about them, or hand holding if there's a problem using a physics package that I do not even support.

Besides, with all the authors dropping like flies around here, you have to be nice to me, as I may be the only one left if this keeps up. :)

As to rights and stuff, it's best not to comment on this. I'm only using the best tool available to me, my games play just as well in stock FP (well considering it's stock FP) and the only person that can do anything about it is the developer, and he chose not to, so we use what we got.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:55 am 

How do I do download the tables listed on the first posting? They have been deleted from Media Fire, presumably because of an age limit. I only found the 2.7 versions of "War Of The Worlds" and "Centigrade" on pinsimbd.org.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner