Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release threa
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:16 pm 

bigsilverhotdog I've been playing Funhouse for a few days now. Switching back and forth between yours and ZED. Did you address the flippers at all with your physics?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:10 am 

I look at every object the ball comes in contact with during play. What were you referring to specifically? I've got a v2 of Funhouse under construction using what I learned in Taxi but I don't see any problems with the flippers in v1. Did I miss something?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:28 am 

Someone else could probably tell you more details about it then I can. From what I've read, and seen in play, flipper accuracy is not that great in FP. ZED did something with the flippers to make them more accurate. Something about a second invisible flipper, or some such. Maybe try the ZED flippers while testing?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:41 pm 

47PinballD wrote:
Someone else could probably tell you more details about it then I can. From what I've read, and seen in play, flipper accuracy is not that great in FP. ZED did something with the flippers to make them more accurate. Something about a second invisible flipper, or some such. Maybe try the ZED flippers while testing?

I'll test a bit more, but Zed's flipper accuracy didn't seem like an improvement when I tested last.

edit: Several more tests and reading a bunch on the Zed forum but I'm missing it apparently. It doesn't help that there's no detailed information about ZPB except for Skinoee's guide to setting up tables for it, but even this is more of a cobbled-together "this is how you should do it" essay rather than a "this is how it works and this is why it's done this way" guide. I see that he adds posts for the flippers but I'm unsure what they're supposed to do, though I can speculate. The problem is that the results are terribad. Whirlwind is horrible with ZPB, even worse than my old 2.5 build, so I can't work out what these flipper posts were supposed to improve.

Is there any really high quality physics, reasonably accurate gameplay ZPB table you can recommend? Every one I've tried has been bad, and many have been very bad. Before they made me want to make 2.7, now after making 2.7 they just keep reminding me that I did the right thing. :P

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:40 pm 

bigsilverhotdog wrote:
47PinballD wrote:

I'll test a bit more, but Zed's flipper accuracy didn't seem like an improvement when I tested last.

edit: Several more tests and reading a bunch on the Zed forum but I'm missing it apparently. It doesn't help that there's no detailed information about ZPB except for Skinoee's guide to setting up tables for it, but even this is more of a cobbled-together "this is how you should do it" essay rather than a "this is how it works and this is why it's done this way" guide. I see that he adds posts for the flippers but I'm unsure what they're supposed to do, though I can speculate. The problem is that the results are terribad. Whirlwind is horrible with ZPB, even worse than my old 2.5 build, so I can't work out what these flipper posts were supposed to improve.

Is there any really high quality physics, reasonably accurate gameplay ZPB table you can recommend? Every one I've tried has been bad, and many have been very bad. Before they made me want to make 2.7, now after making 2.7 they just keep reminding me that I did the right thing. :P

try Zedonius's BigBangBar with his exe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:03 pm 

Just a dumb question... I see
19. Fireball ULTRA 1.03 by SLAMT1LT and Popotte - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 14.11.2013
Does you ask for the permission to mod this table?
Eventually for all the others?

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 pm 

Hi bigsilverhotdog, you have cleared your files?

I re-installed BAM to test your 2.7 tables but when I wanted to download all of them are deleted.

I cannot test them?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:49 pm 

This whole bullshit about physics is PURE INSANITY...
How many "physics" have been "developed" right now??
I'm not going to try any of them, i will stick to the original exe because it works GREAT with most tables.
Also, the table developers work with the original exe and the tables are tuned for the original exe. I don't need to download a modded version of the table, because the original works GREAT.
STOP THE INSANITY PLEASE

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:45 pm 

benucio wrote:
Hi bigsilverhotdog, you have cleared your files?

I re-installed BAM to test your 2.7 tables but when I wanted to download all of them are deleted.

I cannot test them?

I believe negative comments from some members of this board made him stop posting and sharing his adjustments. It's a shame.

POW wrote:
This whole bullshit about physics is PURE INSANITY...
How many "physics" have been "developed" right now??
I'm not going to try any of them, i will stick to the original exe because it works GREAT with most tables.
Also, the table developers work with the original exe and the tables are tuned for the original exe. I don't need to download a modded version of the table, because the original works GREAT.
STOP THE INSANITY PLEASE

You feel so strongly that you pretty much copy and pasted the same post in 2 threads?

I'm glad you're happy with the original .exe and won't download or use the modded versions. Not everyone feels the same way as you. I am one of them. I personally enjoy people taking their time and adjusting tables to try and make them play better. Something I am unable to do myself. I wish people would stop discouraging others from experimenting.

I thought this was an adult community? I think the attitudes being thrown around, and some of the outright nastiness by some members, poses more of a risk to the community than if there were 1,000 different physics versions and 100,000 mods of each table.

Just my 2 cents.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 am 

+1 ^^^^

It's really sad. :cry:
I don't want to judge who had the biggest delusional ego in this episode.

...but the stuff from bigsilverhotdog is (was...?) REALLY top of the best.
Especially 'Centigrade 37' and 'Taxi' !!!
Just saying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner