Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release threa
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:49 am 

Try the other new ones as well, especially Space Invaders which I didn't even like when I first started working on but came to appreciate by the time I'd finished.

Centaur soon.

edit: Destroy Centaur.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:46 am 

And for people who do not use BAM (like me), it will not be possible to test the 2.7 physics?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:03 am 

benucio wrote:
And for people who do not use BAM (like me), it will not be possible to test the 2.7 physics?

It can't function without BAM, and as far as I know there's no good reason not to use BAM now. Why don't you? Easy to install/use and very powerful. It is backwards compatible with almost all current setups as well, with powerful new features to make your pinballing much more enjoyable. It's awesome.

edit: or simply make a 2nd FP install somewhere else, put BAM in there, put Centaur or whatever 2.7 table you are testing in there, and test using that install. Easy. Just don't uninstall the 2nd FP when you finish, delete the folder instead. I did this constantly when I was testing 2.5/2.6./ZPB.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm 

Maybe the BAM disconnect is people assume it's only for the elaborate 3d headtracking setups; where as you say it can be used simply to inject the new physics via XML. You can run BAM fine with a regular (landscape mode) desktop setup which I do, not in arcade mode.

Your tables are playing great, keep up the good work.

Intel i7-6700K @4.5Ghz • AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB • 32GB RAM • Windows 10 Pro x64

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:07 pm 

Yes, I understand the confusion because even I initially thought BAM was for arcade mode only and 3D tracking. I didn't know it could do custom XML physics injection automatically in conjunction with hyperpin/etc frontends for seamless integration of top quality physics, even in non-arcade mode. For me, it's a total game changer. It's why I'm here doing this painfully long, tedious, but necessary project. I don't foresee FP being replaced for at least 2-3 years minimum, and I want to enjoy great pinball for the next 2-3 years. I personally can't enjoy FP very much without top quality physics and as much realistic accuracy as can be had with FP's implementation of Newton, so here we are.

And thanks! :)

I spent several hours yesterday relaxing with Centaur and it has turned into such an amazingly fun table once the physics became somewhat accurate. A real treasure. :D

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm 

Personnaly I play on a desktop pc, I have already try BAM but is in English and there is too much adjustment for me, and on my desktop pc I see no difference.
Also I could not work the physics as I wanted (I'm french I use google translate, and to understand how to operate the softwares in English it is not always easy, even here in Gopinball when i read the posts I do not understand all and I guess when I write messages you do not understand everything either, the translation is not always accurate).

When I saw the BAM videos on youtube with tables in 3D I was impressed :o , but on my desktop pc there is nothing to see.

I think BAM is very great for those who have a cab!

ATTENTION I know some people misunderstand some posts, this is not at all a criticism, it's just my opinion, i do not have the finances for a cab, but when I could buy a TV for at least have a good playfield, I would install BAM again!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 pm 

Benucio you misunderstand BAM! You must test with 2.7 physics!! Very good for desktop user! I do not have CAB, only desktop! Test Centaur 2.7! You will be happy if you like good pinball physics! :)

1) install bam \Future Pinball\BAM

2) Put 2.7 physics files .fpt and .xml in \Future Pinball\Tables (you must have .fpl libraries from original table, if required)

3) Run FPLoader.exe

4) Play Centaur with great physics!!

:D

Post subject: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release thread]
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:52 pm 

I use BAM for everything. Obviously on my cab in arcade mode but I also use it on my Mac in desktop mode. Not only does it allow for different physics but also allows for better lighting, for bloom fx, for ball trails/kick AND it also autosizes the backglass (my Mac has dual screen and I enable the backglass on the 2nd screen in desktop mode). It's not limited to just cab use - it has many advantages aside from physics on a desktop. I even use it on the desktop to capture all my playfield/backglass videos.

Maybe Raf should consider a new Acronym/Title since its not exclusively for Arcade Mode anymore :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 pm 

Exactly right! I like to turn down the color saturation for mine, it makes most tables look much more authentic and is totally free from a performance standpoint. BAM, not FP, is the killer app that made me decide I had to eventually get a cab. So many great features! :lol:

edit: Taxi later today hopefully. One of my all-time favourites so its taking a bit more time than normal. After that I've got to figure out some kind of solution for Black Knight. I've already spent way too much time on that rancid table and after 5 complete rebuilds I'm only marginally closer to satisfied. :|

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:54 pm 

Taxi v1 finally finished. What a total joy to play (and a horror to tune). 10-15 hours on my previous 2.5 balance build, now another 15-20 on the 2.7 one, but finally one of my favourite tables of all time is glorious to play in FP and so much better than any other version I've played thus far. Delightful! :D :D :D

edit: Did I mention that Pinbot Lock now properly drains to the right flipper? It took so long to figure out a way to make it do that -- the geometry of the level naturally pushes the ball across to the left when the physics are working correctly. But now when you start multiball you have a great chance to hit the Express Lane immediately, just like the real machine! Attention to detail is so important sometimes. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner