Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release threa
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 pm 

There's a few happycabs in every sim community -- angry, technically confused, hating for no reason whatsoever. I'm not going to engage him. :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:38 pm 

You can try to diminish my arguments by reducing me to a troll status, but obviously, you really don't know who I am. I simply say, If "I" with all the knowledge I have about FP can get confused imagine the one less SAVVY.

it's your thread, you're the big kahuna here.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:44 pm 

I would seriously tread lightly here.

bigsilverhotdog wrote:
There's a few happycabs in every sim community -- angry, technically confused, hating for no reason whatsoever. I'm not going to engage him. :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:05 pm 

I'm not here to get into a flamewar. I said I didn't want to engage him. He came into my thread and flamed me and the work that I've explained must be done for the good of all. He didn't engage me. He didn't offer any arguments. He even said my free, optional, easily ignored project made him quit the pinball hobby! I mean, seriously! I've yet to see anyone offer one valid argument against what I'm doing except for, "It's too complicated and I hate trying to figure it out."

Regarding his comment about CPU limited physics: I have beta testers and multiple machines for testing and I've seen nothing to indicate that the physics change based on CPU clock speeds. The accuracy changes, especially if you run out of cycles, but it doesn't just totally wreck the entire table. If this were true every single person would have a different experience with every table and there would be no need whatsoever to even release a table that was setup for anything at all because nobody's reference point would be valid excepting perhaps identical machines!

And I know exactly who are Happycab. What's your point? Do you know who I am? I'm not some random newbie and I won't be intimidated. If you're going to ban me for standing up for myself then get on with it.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:19 pm 

Let's just keep it friendly is all I am saying, and I also appreciate your efforts with 2.7 and with explaining it to those who may require help. Remember we are all here to play pinball (more or less).

Carry on!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:30 pm 

Steve - while I can see the confusion for some its not that difficult to understand how using BAM makes it quite easy to use. Regardless of physics version it should be as simple as downloading the table with the set .xml file and launching through BAM. That's it. Nothing more. If you don't like/want that physics build then stick to all the non physics tagged tables.

Obviously it's your own decision what you do with your own cab but as you well know the old saying 'you will be missing out' going forward.

HappyCab wrote:
Quote:
...then realize 2.5/2.6/ZPB is irrelevant for this table forever and that I'm eventually going to do a similar quality job on over 100 of the best available tables for FP. No other electronic rendition of FH has ever been made as balanced and realistically playing. I know because I've played every electronic edition of it that I know of (except PS3/PS4/Portable versions of TPA) and none of them can touch it. There are plenty of "easier" versions, but none with realistic physics like this that also plays much like the real thing. Play it and tell me I'm wrong!

until you realize that FP is CPU(or whatever) dependent and don't run the same on my computer than it does on yours even with the best physics recipe in the world.

..and also until next week, when a newbie just come up and say : "you know what! forget about that 2.7 version...my 2.8 is a lot more better..."

you guys really don't get it, You are killing it for a lot of us. My current state is that I have personally removed everything FP related on my cabinet just to keep Pinball Arcade and Pinball Fx2.

I don't care About cooler GFX and super duper physics anymore, I need just plain simplicity...And despite the opinions, this is what these two give me.

We used to laugh about how confusing the multi versions of VP tables was, now look at us.

If I came to think like that, a lot more people will.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:41 pm 

Quote:
Regarding his comment about CPU limited physics: I have beta testers and multiple machines for testing and I've seen nothing to indicate that the physics change based on CPU clock speeds.

Ok, based on that arguments, can you tell me why there is so many thread about "Hey man, can you help me run FP like the rest of you with my super killer new PC"?

Usually these posts contain miles of information about video card type, CPU, RAM, Disable this, install that, tweak this thing in the registry...you know...

So you tell me you found a universal way to fix all that or that it was not true all along...Yay, I am so happy!

Quote:
He even said my free, optional, easily ignored project made him quit the pinball hobby! I mean, seriously!

Wrong again, I said that ALL the confusion coming from everywhere did.
yours is just one more on top of the pile until the next one.

Quote:
If you're going to ban me for standing up for myself then get on with it.

this one alone make my point. I have no banning power as I don't even own the site or am a moderator to it for more than a year now. What??? you didn't read that info anywhere, in one single of the many thread about it since the course of one year..?

How is it relevant to my argument? I just said that 3 weeks from now anyone will have forget about your thread because there is too similar thread out there to follow about the same subject.

time will make my argument valid, just wait and see.

Quote:
Obviously it's your own decision what you do with your own cab but as you well know the old saying 'you will be missing out' going forward.

I just decided to skip the confusing part of the process which some of you don't see.
I am never far and will surely come back for production when all this nonsense cool down.

have a nice day.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:53 pm 

I am with Steve on this. Where does it stop not enough time to adjust all tables every time new physice come out. I have been spending more time doing this than playing pinball. I would rather play pinball games instead of needing to adjust this and that for the new physics. Seems as though this all we get done doing. I remember the old days when more people were creating new tables instead of creating new versions of physics. Maybe you guys working on physics should work together instead of independantly maybe things would be easier.

This is just my opinion and observation. Thanks Steve for creating this site and hope you come back and make more of your original tables someday with your great models and ideas.

Regards,
Lonnie

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:41 am 

Hello Lonnie
Thank you for your excellent comment I totally agree ;)

BIL

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:45 am 

No disrespect to anyone but I'm a little confused by people using the phrases "need to" and "have to" when describing new physics. Using the new physics that come out are completely optional. If you just want to play pinball, ignore it all and just play pinball. :D

I found VP and FP about a year ago and initially wondered why anyone would play VP when FP was available. I saw threads, or comments on threads, stating that FP looks pretty but the physics were terrible. After 2.5 I saw a lot of those comments change to "I'm going to have to try FP again". Isn't that a good thing?

I was one of the confused but I think the Admins are doing a good job getting everything sorted out. Open6l's thread got me set up with BAM + ZED. After that adding 2.7 tables was as easy as adding a new table on FP 1.0.

I think in the end each table will play best on a different physics authors set up. For example, older tables on 2.6, a few on ZED and a few on 2.7. Some guys will just "get" a table more than others.

Anyway back to 2.7 talk. Looking forward to trying your Funhouse today!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner