Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release threa
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 am 

Why bother reading, reading is annoying!

1. I'm hosting this with my mediafire account. None of these tables are on PSDB.
2. The FP editor does have physics properties (have you never looked at it?) and now with BAM further physics adjustment can be achieved using XML autoloading.

I don't understand all the hand wringing and moaning. Surely you can grasp the state of FP right now? I've been doing this for less than a year and it's completely clear, even to me. Here, I'll break it down one more time for you:

A) FP physics 1.0 is obviously inadequate legacy mode.
B) FP "2.5" is merely a revision on the original and not a big improvement because it can't be customized, which individual tables desperately require.
C) FP "2.6" is not a physics package but a hacked exe made by SLAMT1LT that he considers to work best with tables that he releases pre-setup by him.
D) Zedpinball is a new custom system that must be pre-setup by table authors and is separate.

Do you see the problem here? One physics base package is not enough by itself, no matter how much people cry and complain about it being too complicated. Each table must have it's own custom physics. All these table authors worked incredibly hard to make tables, the least someone can do is balance and set them up around a realistic physics approach taken through research, hard work, and countless hours of testing. Why complain about this? Does choice and reading comprehension scare you that much?

Quote:
Why doesn't someone just add a physics properties section for each object in the editor that allows a person to input his own physics? You need different physics by era anyway, and will at least help solve this mess of multiple versions.

How ironic that you suggest exactly what I'm already doing. Do you not know what BAM is? You do realize it will AUTOMATICALLY LOAD EACH TABLE WITH CUSTOM PHYSICS FILES, RIGHT? All you need is the custom physics settings in the first place. Where do you think those perfect settings come from, Magic Faeries?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:55 am 

Indeed reading is annoying, so please read my post..

We know you host with YOUR mediafire account so you can get those post and get free account. So we know that your tables are not on PSDB, but not everybody can download from mediafire, so you mis a group of people to use your physics..

Also they way you write/talk is not a nice way to communicate with other forum members, aspecially when you just a new member..
Not all members a computer nerds and they do need more explanation then others,.. so take it easy dude!!

but hey who im i to judge,.... ill stick to the zed versions and leave the old and new crapy physics 2.5 2.6 and 2.7 ;) and yes i have played adam and black tables, but ill pass ;)

cheerio mate!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:06 am 

You do realize I was talking to blue the entire time, or did you not read my post? :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:21 am 

i know ;)

But please read my post again... :D

Cheers.

Edit: %#^$@$#%!!!!! :evil:

Last edited by promise2die4 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:06 pm 

I agree. As a player and not a creator, there's a limit to how much time I want to spend constantly trying to figure stuff out for the sake of some marginal improvements here and there and often tables which don't run which is probably mostly my fault.

But heck, I'm an experienced PC user and I'm having trouble with my tables now like I never was before. Are these constant tweaks going to kill this and I fear for any newcomer tipping up and trying to figure it all out in a hurry. :(

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:18 pm 

I fully recognize that. Why do you think I'm trying to make it easier for people, not harder? I had to wade through all of this myself as a newcomer to FP earlier this year. It's incredible if you think about it: I'm doing all the work here... but its too much for the end user to do?

Installing BAM and extracting files takes minutes and neither BAM nor my tables require any setting up. How can this be too much? It could hardly be any easier.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:44 pm 

bigsilverhotdog wrote:
I fully recognize that. Why do you think I'm trying to make it easier for people, not harder? I had to wade through all of this myself as a newcomer to FP earlier this year. It's incredible if you think about it: I'm doing all the work here... but its too much for the end user to do?

Installing BAM and extracting files takes minutes and neither BAM nor my tables require any setting up. How can this be too much? It could hardly be any easier.

I wish you luck with your project! :)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:20 pm 

bigsilverhotdog wrote:

Don't let it get you down. :) Appreciate your endeavors here, your tweaked physics do play nicer compared to 1.0, 2.5, and 2.6. I like the heft of the ball compared to the others. Between these and Skinooe's I think we're well served. People must not get the concept of using BAM to inject the XML settings.. but at its most rudimentary it's just launching the fploader and choosing a table from the ensuing FP instance. Just make sure the table you're launching has the same name associated xml (or zip file w/ ZED settings).

Intel i7-6700K @4.5Ghz • AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB • 32GB RAM • Windows 10 Pro x64

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:02 am 

Chin up! If the haters don't like it they can ignore it. I think you're going about this in the right way.

Keep on keeping on!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:19 pm 

Far from being discouraged, I should have probably mentioned: Nobody is going to stop me. :lol:

I will do this and release on my own website/Youtube/Bittorrent if I have to. This has to be done and I am going to do it. If you don't understand why then you probably haven't been following too closely, but I'm doing this good deed for my fellow pinball fans regardless whether some of them appreciate it or not. I thought people here were huge pinball fans like I am... you think I would have spent the last 6 hours setting up Earthshaker if I wasn't a huge fan of pinball? FFS it's not even remotely the real table, but it's fun anyway so who cares! With decent physics (and lots of playfield tweaking) it's even more fun, too!

PS: If someone knows how, can you please test the vertical upkicker over the Shelter hole in Earthshaker? I don't know how to activate it during gameplay so even with autoroller I can't test the strength. Could be broken, don't know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner