Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: BAM Hardware - Willing to purchase complete set
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 am 

Anyone have or willing to make a complete hardware set?

Tim

Post subject: Re: BAM Hardware - Willing to purchase complete set
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:21 am 

I have a real good setup.. I might make you a kit

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:09 am 

Thank you. Excited you can help me out.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:07 am 

I would be interested as well if you have the time. Let me know how much.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:22 am 

Don't have a actual cost yet but its not much. "kit" will include calibration board with 4 ir leds powered by same battery pac that glasses are powered from, glasses modded with single ir led in center, the battery pak and modded ps3 cams for ir if needed. Loafer do you need ps3 cams? or do you already have those?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 am 

One thing I'll caution you about is I've bought the PS3 cams and modified them. I built an IR led and have the calibration board almost done. But the problem is I can't connect the PS3 cams to my PC yet because it overloads the USB bandwidth. I currently have all the following running on USB: WiniPac card for switch inputs, LedWiz for feedback outputs, MotIon controller for plunger, pinDMD2 for DMD display, and a wireless USB keyboard/mouse combo. I tried buying a powered USB 3.0 hub and plugging that into my one remaining USB port and I constantly hear it beeping every 15-30 seconds as the device disconnects and reconnects. The only thing I can think of to try next is maybe get a PCI USB card and see if that will run the cameras. Also it seems like I'm stuck with the LedWiz and WiniPac devices running on the ports they are plugged into because I tried to move them for better cable organization and things quit working.

I thought I had bought a really nice motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128546

If I end up not being able to get this working I'll probably sell the PS3 cameras and IR led/calibration board. I've already tested the modified cameras with the IR LED on a different PC and they seem to be working great.

Gil

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:19 am 

sounds like an issue with your motherboards usb chipset. I have 4 cabs all running dual ps3 cams, pindmd2, ledwiz, ipac, mouse and keyboard. I bet if you add a usb card you will be fine. I use asrock 4 z77 extreme and no problems

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm 

randr wrote:
Don't have a actual cost yet but its not much. "kit" will include calibration board with 4 ir leds powered by same battery pac that glasses are powered from, glasses modded with single ir led in center, the battery pak and modded ps3 cams for ir if needed. Loafer do you need ps3 cams? or do you already have those?

I have two ps3 cameras but they are not modded and I think one of them is broken.

Question: is there not a need for two led lights on the glasses? I thought that is how bam recognizes depth?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 pm 

I have done it with 2 leds and 1. 2 leds can detect tilting left/right but i really don't notice much difference so stick with 1 led. just my opinion. also easier to track on led in center verses 2 leds on each side of head! my wife's hair got in way of leds of sides and a buddy of mine has a huge frikkin forehead and it kinda blocked left led and right led to opposite cams. believe it or not. LMAO

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:55 pm 

PM sent

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner