Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 243  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 pm 

ravarcade wrote:

This is pretty cool! I find I don't need a custom ball anymore because the default looks so good.

I like these settings:

Brightness 0.7
Reflection 4
Shininess 1000
Specular 0.8

George

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:41 am 

Rav,

Is there a way that you make it so we could add some code to the script to turn HUDs on and off with no fade in or fade out? When a game is started with the HUD set to fade out, the HUD displays briefly before it fades out. It don't know what anyone else thinks but it bothers me.

An example of what I don't like is the overlay on Apollo 13 that displays when you press the letter "I". There is no way to avoid seeing it on start up until it fades out. It makes it look like this is some sort of mistake because it is impossible to read what is on the overlay that fast. There are other tables that I would use an option to turn the HUD off also if it were available.

George

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:37 pm 

Am I the only one interested in a feature like this? Whenever a table loads with the HUD turned off, you see the HUD for a time until it fades out. If we had a feature like I describe below, we could have the turned off HUD so so you don't see it when a table starts.

George

GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

Is there a way that you make it so we could add some code to the script to turn HUDs on and off with no fade in or fade out? When a game is started with the HUD set to fade out, the HUD displays briefly before it fades out. It don't know what anyone else thinks but it bothers me.

An example of what I don't like is the overlay on Apollo 13 that displays when you press the letter "I". There is no way to avoid seeing it on start up until it fades out. It makes it look like this is some sort of mistake because it is impossible to read what is on the overlay that fast. There are other tables that I would use an option to turn the HUD off also if it were available.

George

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:07 pm 

Couldn't you just set the first frame to be displayed with a image that is transparent like Steve's Transparentperfect.tga and then in code display a viewable image as the next frame after a timer interval?

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:10 pm 

blue wrote:
Couldn't you just set the first frame to be displayed with a image that is transparent like Steve's Transparentperfect.tga and then in code display a viewable image as the next frame after a timer interval?

I think that is how I got around it with MOTU Mastered.

In fact that's how I ended every video "event" so that when they played to the last frame it would be transparent and "go away". FP for some reason doesn't support playing a sequence and then having the overlay not show at the end of a sequence.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:54 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

I will try to implement it today.

Maybe it is possible to make that hud objects invisible before game is started and you see table for first time.

---------------

Here is beta v276 with ovelays instant off:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

Last edited by ravarcade on Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:18 am 

ravarcade wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

.../quote]

Maybe it is possible to make that hud objects invisible before game is started and you see table for first time.

---------------

That's working great Rav! Thanks!

Thanks so much for your continued work with BAM. The new Ball options are awesome!

I hate asking for another feature after you just added one... would it be possible to have the "option" to not see the BAM startup text as well? (the text that displays adding balls, generating shadowmaps, etc).

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:24 am 

Also... BAM VR is amazing!

The one feature others have requested the most with that, is to have the BAM menu locked to the player's POV so it's always going to appear in front of them.

The reason this would be very helpful is that with newer headsets that use inside out tracking, you can create your guardian border anywhere on the fly. This can however create a problem in that the centered view may not be ideal for the default view for BAM Vr, and the table may be far away, and this makes the BAM HUD not visible to the player, and they can't set their HOME key to reset the view.

Could the BAM menu be locked in front of the player's view somehow?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:44 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

.../quote]

---------------

It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not sure what Terry did to make it work.
Overlays still briefly appear when the game game starts and then fade out. Of course, the script still tells it to fade out in the "FuturePinball_BeginPlay()" subroutine.

...Anyway there is more to a HUD than overlays. There are DMDs, gas segmented displays and EM reels. All of it would need to work the same. It seems to be a little complex so I think it might be best to be able to add a BAM code to the script that turns the entire HUD off with no fade out.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:01 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

.../quote]

---------------

It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not sure what Terry did to make it work.
Overlays still briefly appear when the game game starts and then fade out. Of course, the script still tells it to fade out in the "FuturePinball_BeginPlay()" subroutine.

...Anyway there is more to a HUD than overlays. There are DMDs, gas segmented displays and EM reels. All of it would need to work the same. It seems to be a little complex so I think it might be best to be able to add a BAM code to the script that turns the entire HUD off with no fade out.

I only tried it with SLAM U-Pro tables, and only enabled Hide Overlay in BAM.

If you have any of your own, or someone else's code that tells FP to "fade out" any overlay / dmd / em reell,etc than that will not be affected I think and it will still do the fadeout.

What Rav added I imagine is a global option that applies to the "Hide Overlays" option in BAM only at first startup of BAM. Anything in table script after that point will never be affected I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 243  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner