Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 240  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 am 

I haven't played enough with all the new stuff to know about reflection settings but sounds like a good idea.

I am preoccupied with normal maps, animated models and lightsabers :)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:54 pm 

Hi All,

Sorry not certain where I should post this as it is not a BAM issue.
Although I haven't tested any tables not using BAM.
I was just about to release a new MOD of Dolly Parton as I have been using this table to learn some of what the new xBAM.CreateAllExt has to offer. Thanks Rav!!

Whilst messing with the physics I noticed the ball was slowly sinking into the flippers and using the manual roller I can pull the ball completely through. Ok, this is a problem as it is happening on every newer released table I have tested. I also tried a couple of different table authors just in case.
First I thought it was the Dynamic flippers, script Physics or maybe BAM itself. Nope finally worked out it is the ZBRrolling balls sounds everyone is now using in there scripts. I have been using the old trigger method until now. I tested different FP.exe and older versions of BAM and the only way I can fix the issue is to remove the ZBRrolling balls sounds.
Could someone please check if this is also happening with there setup, cheers!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:07 pm 

Nitronimbus wrote:
Hi All,

I was just about to release a new MOD of Dolly Parton as I have been using this table to learn some of what the new xBAM.CreateAllExt has to offer. Thanks Rav!!

Whilst messing with the physics I noticed the ball was slowly sinking into the flippers and using the manual roller I can pull the ball completely through. Ok, this is a problem as it is happening on every newer released table I have tested. I also tried a couple of different table authors just in case.
First I thought it was the Dynamic flippers, script Physics or maybe BAM itself. Nope finally worked out it is the ZBRrolling balls sounds everyone is now using in there scripts. I have been using the old trigger method until now. I tested different FP.exe and older versions of BAM and the only way I can fix the issue is to remove the ZBRrolling balls sounds.

I haven't seen that during normal gameplay.... but I have seen that happen when messing around while using the manual Ball Roller (the ball sinking a little bit into the flippers).

I never investigated it further, as it was never an issue during gameplay, and using the Ball Roller can cause some oddities to happen normally.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:08 am 

Gimli wrote:
I haven't played enough with all the new stuff to know about reflection settings but sounds like a good idea.

"Playfield Reflections (Components)" is an option on the "Video / Rendering Options" screen if FP.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:15 am 

Nitronimbus wrote:
Hi All,

I have had it happen on tables that do not use ZBRrolling balls sounds. You don't have the use the ball roller but it makes it happen faster. I think it tends to be problems in the physics XML file. I have never figured out the specific settings. Try changing the material settings and see what happens (maybe the settings for the ball also).

I seem to remember others posting this problem a long time ago but I can't find anything when I search.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:39 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Gimli wrote:

"Playfield Reflections (Components)" is an option on the "Video / Rendering Options" screen if FP.

I didn't know it and you suggested it to me george ... so, disabling this function in fp, it is not that we have an excellent result,rather bad instead....in my opinion, an xbam ... like flash1Ext.Reflections = xxxxx, and deciding how much this flash reflects, on table halo or glare, would be ideal.....

probably, I can't make myself understood, a suggestion from George makes me think this, when I say the reflection I'm not referring to that of the object on playfield, ... ok here an video,maybe I can make myself understood...

now look at the reflection of the 5 frontal flashes (apart the the two bulbs on the joker ramp) that you see on the playfield

I am preoccupied with normal maps, animated models and lightsabers

Bob, this shouldn't be your real concern, I don't think that adjusting the flash reflection affects his models or anything ... but maybe I could be wrong

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:45 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Nitronimbus wrote:
Hi All,

I have had it happen on tables that do not use ZBRrolling balls sounds. You don't have the use the ball roller but it makes it happen faster. I think it tends to be problems in the physics XML file. I have never figured out the specific settings. Try changing the material settings and see what happens (maybe the settings for the ball also).

I seem to remember others posting this problem a long time ago but I can't find anything when I search.

Thanks Guy's,
Have had a chance to test older style tables without BAM and you are 100% correct they all do it. I feel a bit silly now since I wasted hours trying to find the issue, as you said the XML and rolling sounds just add to the problem but are not the cause. I guess I will have to dial back my ball mass settings, cheers!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:13 am 

wild wrote:

I am preoccupied with normal maps, animated models and lightsabers

Bob, this shouldn't be your real concern, I don't think that adjusting the flash reflection affects his models or anything ... but maybe I could be wrong

What I mean is that I haven't had time to study reflections or lighting so I can't help you with your question. I didn't want you to feel ignored :D

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:04 pm 

Gimli wrote:
I didn't want you to feel ignored

no problem....I don't think about this, anymore.

a person is free to answer or not, in my part,it says so ... to ask is lawful, and to respond is courtesy :D

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:38 pm 

wild wrote:
...the reason for my first question, this new method, would not have the possibility of decreasing the "Playfield Reflections (Components)" ..... I mean removing this option from FP .... it's really very strong(the flashes seem common lights), instead if there were the possibility of adjusting the reflection would be ideal....like

SkillLight1Ext.Reflections = xxxxx

what do you all think?

Well, it is not possible way you want.

First, you can't make selected flasher model less or more visible in playfield reflection.
So, for models, you have only options in FP.

Light from flasher (or main light) is different case.
Here is my very old manual:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/manuals/17-old ... ular-light

At begin add in script:
Code:
'[BAM]  !texture = p1-beachwood

Note: "p1-bechwood" is name of playfield texture.
Save table (it is important step).
Run and go to BAM menut to DEV options -> BAM Textures
In first line you will see:
!texture = none >
Go to this line and press right arrow. It should switch to
!texture = p1-bechwood

Now, look at lines:
!shininess = value
!specularLevel = value
!specularBalance = value
!specularColorRed = value
!specularColorGreen = value
!specularColorBlue = value

They are described in manual from link above.
Try at first to change shininess to other values like 30, 80, 150, 300
You will see change.

I'm not sure if it is compatible with xBAM.SetPlayfieldTexture. So, if you change texture in script, you will lost new settings.

Maybe i will improve control over that params from script.
-----------------------
Nitronimbus wrote:

Look in XML for this table for line:
Code:
<flipper rotationSpeedChart="{0.0,100.0}[0.0,100.0]" newtonDamping="1" releaseOmega="18" mass="20000" omega="33" moeMethod="0"
           leftXoff="0" leftYoff="0" leftZoff="0"
           rightXoff="0" rightYoff="0" rightZoff="0"></flipper

I belive you will have some values for (left|right)(X|Y|Z)off. They are used to break little bit physic engine and sinking ball is one of results. You may set it to 0. It will solve sinking problem but flippers may start behave little different.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 240  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner