Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 218  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:59 pm 

...and a cabinet view.

Last edited by TerryRed on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:02 pm 

...and a cabinet view.

The table is still lacking alot of lights around the drain guides,etc... but it looks so much better i gameplay already.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:35 am 

Looks nice. You don't always have to use the invisible nanoflashers. On CFTBL, I used the bulb model, "Bulb-Trigger-Button-T2", where "Render Model" is unchecked for additional lighting. The model is available in "fpModels.fpl".

I usually try to not use more than 7 flashers that are turned on all the time. There is trick to reduce the number. You can convert the flasher model like the one used on top of the slingshots to a bulb using the "FPM Editor". I have found you don't actually need a flasher in places like that. You can set the bulb glow radius large and it will look pretty much like a flasher. Personally, I think it is better for you to decide what flashers get converted to bulbs than to let FP decide.

George

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:06 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
bam beta (v259)
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/LightExtDemo.fpt

- xBAM.Lights.Brightness - change brightness of all lights on table
- xBAM.Lights.GlowBrightness - change glow brightness of all lights

Rav,

What is the maximum value for Brightness and GlowBrightness? On your demo table, you don't set either above 2.0. Is 2.0 the max?

Also I noticed the GlowBrightness on the bulb and the flasher on your demo table doesn't seem to do anything when I press option 1 that changes the glow brightness. Is because bulbs and flashers don't have a halo that can be moved like on other lights?

...But then I noticed that GlowColor works on bulbs and flashers. I am confused.

George

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:35 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
bam beta (v259)
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/LightExtDemo.fpt

- xBAM.Lights.Brightness - change brightness of all lights on table
- xBAM.Lights.GlowBrightness - change glow brightness of all lights

Rav,

What is the maximum value for Brightness and GlowBrightness? On your demo table, you don't set either above 2.0. Is 2.0 the max?

Also I noticed the GlowBrightness on the bulb and the flasher on your demo table doesn't seem to do anything when I press option 1 that changes the glow brightness. Is because bulbs and flashers don't have a halo that can be moved like on other lights?

...But then I noticed that GlowColor works on bulbs and flashers. I am confused.

George

Also, what would be the Default Values of each, I have set
GlowRadius = 10
Brightness = 2

But both are pure guess, sorry if it was already answered, to much to read in last days, and BTW -MANYMANYMANY thanks Rav

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:33 pm 

ok, thank you so much for this ..rav, a small favor, as I find it very difficult to understand, "light" examples, with all these keys, an example with a Flasher only...

if you can see the settings of a single flash, and which codes to use and add.

if possible I would like to understand how to set the....Glow,and Brightness,of the only flash....without adding colors....

thanks

Last edited by wild on Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:03 pm 

Wild,

You are probably better off to do like I did. Open a new table from the FP editor and add a flasher or more than one (don't use a nanoflasher to start). Then add the code like I describe at the link below:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 450#p97450

I found the code is pretty simple although I think Rav's demo is a bit more complex than it needs to be. Almost all of it works like the example in the link above.

This is a link to Rav's new beta 259:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 707#p97707

You may want to look at version 257 also:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 843#p96843

These changes allow for a lot of creative potential. I suggested not starting out using nanoflashers because they don't seem to work well with the GlowRadius option. I also found that GlowBrightness on bulbs and flashers does not work.

George

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:01 pm 

@francisco666, @GeorgeH:
francisco666 wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

George

Also, what would be the Default Values of each, I have set
GlowRadius = 10
Brightness = 2

But both are pure guess, sorry if it was already answered, to much to read in last days, and BTW -MANYMANYMANY thanks Rav

There is no max or min value for Brightness. But it will get saturated (white) very quickly and it works different in NewRenderer and in old FP light mode.
---------------------
Default value for all Brightness settings is 1.0. (All Brightness setting means: Light.Brightness, Light.GlowBrithness, xBAM.Lights.Brightness, xBAM.Lights.GlowBrightness).
GlowRadius... there is no default value. For Bulbs, image lights you can set Glow Radius in FP editor to any value you want.
Example:
In FP editor you have Bulb1 glow radius = 40, and Bulb2 glow radius = 20.
In script you do:
Bulb1Ext.GlowRadius = 30
Bulb2Ext.GlowRadius = 30
Result will be:
For Bulb1 glow radius will get smaller
For Bulb2 glow redius will get bigger
... and Bulb1 glow radius will be exactly same as glow radius of Bulb2... That is obvious.

For flashers default Glow Radius is 55.9 and in FP editor you can't change it. You can do it only in script.

Note... you can for any light set GlowRadius = 0 to remove Glow.

Quote:
These changes allow for a lot of creative potential. I suggested not starting out using nanoflashers because they don't seem to work well with the GlowRadius option. I also found that GlowBrightness on bulbs and flashers does not work.

Well, it works ... almost.
For flashers "Ordered Halo Glow" checkbox in editor must be uchecked (it is default state).
For bulbs, it works always for BAM.dll v260. With older version (v259) "Ordered Halo Glow" must be chekced (it is default state).

BAM.dll v260:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll
This is version with "frame rate limiter" used to remove sound errors on some tables (viewtopic.php?f=84&t=14061)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:23 pm 

Guys,

I think I have figured out why I had been having problems with the GlowRadius on nonoflashers. I decided to add the following code to to a new table that has 3 nanoflashers. Since 1 is the default value, I set each flasher so that only one of the parameters is greater that 1. The screenshot below shows the results. The 3 spots below the flashers are the reflections of the light off the playfield. It appears that whoever created the nanoflasher model so it has no GlowRadius. So the first time I increased it, I got a surprise and it started behaving like other flashers. To be honest, I don't understand the difference between flashers 2 and 3 but they produce similar results. It appears increasing brightness, makes it so you can't see the nanoflasher in the reflection off the playfield which seems desirable to me.

xBAM.CreateAllExt

Flasher1Ext.Brightness = 1
Flasher1Ext.GlowRadius = 50
Flasher1Ext.GlowBrightness = 1

Flasher2Ext.Brightness = 2
Flasher2Ext.GlowRadius = 1
Flasher2Ext.GlowBrightness = 1

Flasher3Ext.Brightness = 1
Flasher3Ext.GlowRadius = 1
Flasher3Ext.GlowBrightness = 2

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:31 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Guys,

I think I have figured out why I had been having problems with the GlowRadius on nonoflashers. I decided to add the following code to to a new table that has 3 nanoflashers. Since 1 is the default value, I set each flasher so that only one of the parameters is greater that 1. The screenshot below shows the results. The 3 spots below the flashers are the reflections of the light off the playfield. It appears that whoever created the nanoflasher model so it has no GlowRadius. So the first time I increased it, I got a surprise and it started behaving like other flashers. To be honest, I don't understand the difference between flashers 2 and 3 but they produce similar results. It appears increasing brightness, makes it so you can't see the nanoflasher in the reflection off the playfield which seems desirable to me.

xBAM.CreateAllExt

Flasher1Ext.Brightness = 1
Flasher1Ext.GlowRadius = 50
Flasher1Ext.GlowBrightness = 1

Flasher2Ext.Brightness = 2
Flasher2Ext.GlowRadius = 1
Flasher2Ext.GlowBrightness = 1

Flasher3Ext.Brightness = 1
Flasher3Ext.GlowRadius = 1
Flasher3Ext.GlowBrightness = 2

Please, upload that test table somewhere and share link with us all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 218  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner