Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I have changed a table using Rav's new brightness option so that all the light inserts on the playfield are set to a brightness of 2.2. I set it up with the simple "Dark Night" lighting mode. I have seen many people try to set their tables this way. It is why I suggested to Rav that we have an option on the "Lights" menu to adjust the brightness of light inserts on the playfield.

George.... can you try setting your Global Lighting settings in BAM menu to Diffuse 0, and Ambient 0. Then see if your "LightImage" Inserts (not the halo glow) are still visible and bright? Could you post a pic of what that looks like?

Maybe I'm missing something in the new update.... but I'm sure the LightImage type lights wont be visible...unless the update and new commands allows for them to be?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:28 pm 

I gave it a shot. Everything was darker but I could see the lights still even with Diffuse and Ambient set to 0. This is the result with light setting of 2.2:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by GeorgeH on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:31 pm 

Because the lights were rather dark, I decided to set the light setting brightness to 4.2 with Diffuse and Ambient set to 0. This is the result:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 pm 

I don't know much about how the global light setting actually function because I adjust everything by intuition. However, I take it from what you said that Diffuse and Ambient make some adjustment to the brightness of the light inserts. When you set Diffuse and Ambient to 0, you have to rely entirely on the brightness that I set with the new brightness control. That is why it got darker. By setting the brightness of the inserts higher, I could compensate for the light lost by the Diffuse and Ambient global options. I think the brightness can be made considerably brighter but I set it to what I thought was about right.

Does that answer your questions?

George

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:34 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I don't know much about how the global light setting actually function because I adjust everything by intuition. However, I take it from what you said that Diffuse and Ambient make some adjustment to the brightness of the light inserts. When you set Diffuse and Ambient to 0, you have to rely entirely on the brightness that I set with the new brightness control. That is why it got darker. By setting the brightness of the inserts higher, I could compensate for the light lost by the Diffuse and Ambient global options. I think the brightness can be made considerably brighter but I set it to what I thought was about right.

Does that answer your questions?

George

Yes...after some testing with the demo table more....I can see that the "image" of the inserts themselves aren't affect by any of their light adjustments. The "image" is only visible by global lighting or surrounding hardware lights. This is why you notice on SLAM's new tables that he used black decals with the insert light's glow radius to fill in the rest, as that is the only part of the insert that will still be visible with low Diffusion and Ambient settings of the main global light. This is why using nano flashers was essential for more realistic looking lighting.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:11 am 

This table uses nanoflashers. All of the halos for the playfield light inserts are hidden under the apron.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:37 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
This table uses nanoflashers. All of the halos for the playfield light inserts are hidden under the apron.

Yes, but turn off the nano flashers for the GI or any other surrounding flashers (so you have no other lights on), and only have the light inserts turned on....and you "shouldn't" be able to see them (the images from the lights).

Could I test out the table to confirm I'm not sniffing something? :P

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:00 am 

I don't understand what you are trying to test but I sent you a PM. I presume when you say '"image" of the inserts' that you mean the lens but still don't follow you.

George

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm 

Image lights are a type of fp light, you create an image of a tree or whatever and assign it as an image light

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:27 pm 

Yea but CFTBL does not have any image lights.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner