Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:27 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
I think you can use "lightExt.GlowRadius = x" on flashers also to adjust brightness which can't be done in the FP editor.

I'm not sure that is true. I think you can only adjust the Halo Glow on the flashers... but this has no effect on the flasher's brightness or area of projection, etc..

Try running the demo table with Dark Night preset...then turn ambient to 0 and Diffuse to 0. Then turn on the test flasher. you will see the Glow change but not the actual Light.

Unless I'm missing something? I hope I'm wrong as this would be amazing if it could be done! Would allow for far more control with lighting.

I suppose the controls on the "Lights" option in BAM can affect all flashers on the table but there is no way to adjust brightness of individual flashers (unless there is only one flasher on the table). The only way to make a single flasher darker in the FP editor is to make its color darker. I'll have to experiment with it. I added 12 flashers to Funhouse to get the lighting effects I wanted but could probably just use 4 now.

George

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:40 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
I think you can use "lightExt.GlowRadius = x" on flashers also to adjust brightness which can't be done in the FP editor.

I'm not sure that is true. I think you can only adjust the Halo Glow on the flashers... but this has no effect on the flasher's brightness or area of projection, etc..

Try running the demo table with Dark Night preset...then turn ambient to 0 and Diffuse to 0. Then turn on the test flasher. you will see the Glow change but not the actual Light.

Unless I'm missing something? I hope I'm wrong as this would be amazing if it could be done! Would allow for far more control with lighting.

I suppose the controls on the "Lights" option in BAM can affect all flashers on the table but there is no way to adjust brightness of individual flashers (unless there is only one flasher on the table). The only way to make a single flasher darker in the FP editor is to make its color darker. I'll have to experiment with it. I added 12 flashers to Funhouse to get the lighting effects I wanted but could probably just use 4 now.

George

Yah, if you put 10 flashers on a table and have them all turned on at the same time... you will see FP will only create "hardware" light from 7 of them. It automatically determines this based on what is in view of the camera, etc.

Being able to change their colour now though makes a big difference to what we can do...and yes, I suppose one way of control of brightness would be to change its colour value to a darker variant of the colour! Good idea!

This is where using Timers for dimming effects can come in handy.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:08 pm 

Tryed the new Bam update, "hide FP logo", Thankyou Ravarcade :D

Last edited by Oldschool4 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:13 am 

Hi Ravarcade,
Mate this is awesome!!!, great work.
Because of BAM I have pulled 95% of my VPX tables from my cabinet and mainly run FP ,FX2 and FX3 now. Thank you and too all who have made FP what I believe it is today, the best emulator there is. The ability to have DMD's, Dynamic Flippers, Custom Physics and Head Tracking on every table is a must for me and I enjoyed the many hours updating every table. Much appreciated!!!

Sorry if I am not supposed to post this here, but I am having a little issue with this BAM release. I can't seem to get the ball to change colors like it used too, for eg. I modded a Slamt1lt table into Harry Potter, the ball would darken, turn red or gold depending on game play. I am also having the same issue with all other tables balls not changing color. I have adjusted the Lock ball brightness <on and >off, but the ball always remains silver, is there something I am missing or am I just being re tarted, cheers!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:34 am 

I also have the same issue with Ball colours. I can change the texture no problem...but ball colours like used with Star Wars DSA (the vader black ball) or Avatar Ultimate (you can choose Blue ball) won't work no matter what settings I choose for Ball brightness.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:32 am 

Ok this is a little more complicated than it used to be. I've used this code for Star Wars (ver 1.02). Basically what it does is create 2 balls of different colours at the same time during a multiball - 1 silver, 1 black.

Code:
Sub BAM_CreateCaptiveBall(Source, Red, Green, Blue, BallID, Dirt, Reflection, ReflectionInPlayfield)
If BAM_VERSION Then
Dim bi
Set bi = xBAM_CreateBall(Red, Green, Blue, Dirt, Reflection, ReflectionInPlayfield)
Source.CreateCaptiveBall bi.Red, bi.Green, bi.Blue, BallID
Else
Source.CreateCaptiveBall Red, Green, Blue, BallID
End If
End Sub

Dim BALL_A, BALL_B

BALL_A = 0
BALL_B = 1
Const BALL_LAST = 7

ReDim BM_CustomBalls ( BALL_LAST )

BM_CustomBalls(BALL_A) = Array(200, 200, 200, "!BallChrome1", "!BallChrome2", "!BallChrome3")
BM_CustomBalls(BALL_B) = Array(10, 10, 10, "!BallChrome1", "!BallChrome2", "!BallChrome3")

Const BAM_MAX_BALLS = 4096
ReDim BM_CustomBallsTypes ( BAM_MAX_BALLS )

Sub CreateCustomBall ( Source, BallName )
If BallName > Ubound(BM_CustomBalls) Then ' Create standard ball if BallName  is >=
BALL_LAST
Source.CreateCaptiveBall
Else
Dim ball   : ball   = BM_CustomBalls(BallName)
Dim ballID : ballID = xBAM_BallID
call BAM_CreateCaptiveBall ( Source, ball(0), ball(1), ball(2), ballID, ball(3), ball(4), ball(5) )
BM_CustomBallsTypes ( ballID ) = BallName
End If
End Sub

I used the texture "Ball Chrome" for both but it is possible to add new textures for each ball, which makes tracking them a bit easier (the black ball for example could be a texture of Darth Vader himself).

I only call this code when multiball starts by using this simple command:

Code:
call CreateCustomBall(PlungerKicker, BALL_A)

which replaces the usual 'plungerkicker.createcaptiveball' or 'plungerkicker.createball' command.

I use the identifier 'Ball A' as the sliver ball and 'Ball B' as the black ball.

In my Star Wars game the silver ball can only make certain shots....so each ball is also tracked with it's own ID. Make the Falcon ramp with the black ball and it's just returned to the flipper. Make the Falcon ramp with the silver ball and it's diverted into the plunger lane for a winning shot at the Death Star.

This is a fantastic new feature of BAM which allows even more creativity for changing the ball texture or colour at any time during a game.

Once again, well done Rav.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:24 pm 

As I'm not as knowledgeable as the rest of the gentlemen in here on how to use more advanced features, I'm super happy about the feature that makes the watermark fade away. This lets me use the OG 1.0 FP.exe (which I feel is best for EM tables) and I get the loading splash page on my second monitor for my pincab :)

Thank you Rav for all the hard work in making Future Pinball so much better with BAM.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:29 pm 

Another plus in using the OG FP.exe is that certain tables that wouldn't load in my front end with the modified EXEs now load!

So happy to get to play Monezza's amazing Buccaneer table.

Wow it's so beautiful

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:33 pm 

djlunchbox wrote:
Another plus in using the OG FP.exe is that certain tables that wouldn't load in my front end with the modified EXEs now load!

So happy to get to play Monezza's amazing Buccaneer table.

Wow it's so beautiful

Yah, I've been lucky with my nvidia cards... all exe's have worked no problem...but AMD card users have issues with some tables and modified exe's.

I too kind of like being able to see the FP logo on my backbox and not just a black screen... though for me I still find I need to use the Zed x64 1.1 exe to load some tables and be able to see the textures in the editor (if i need to replace or export them)...otherwise they will crash with "Load Images in Editor" enabled.

That said...you can just use a 1.0 xml physics file as your default xml or use it with each table as well while using any exe.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 pm 

BAM update:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-258.zip

Nitronimbus wrote:
..I can't seem to get the ball to change colors like it used too, for eg. I modded a Slamt1lt table into Harry Potter, the ball would darken, turn red or gold depending on game play....

Fixed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner