Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: BAM Dynamic Flipper Breakthrough !!
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:23 am 

this function seems really interesting ... but it's a bit complicated.
As i've put the mess in my installation FP, the table that i do have a completely broken physics (I think it's because .xls file that come back everytime ...)- I'm going to be interested by this topic... keep ready for many questions! :D

ps / @ GeorgeH, I tested your mod on POTO and it's great to play! (but i squint on the black spots on the bottom lights 8-) :lol: ).

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:16 am 

Hi Drakko,
Welcome back

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:14 pm 

drakko91 wrote:
ps / @ GeorgeH, I tested your mod on POTO and it's great to play! (but i squint on the black spots on the bottom lights 8-) :lol: ).

Yea, I suppose I should have looked at that more closely. Maybe on the next version...

George

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:50 am 

Hi Gimli,
thank you and thank you also for all your tests / findings that you made - you are a little responsible for my renewed desire for make some tables. :evil: :D

ah! do not worry GeorgeH, this detail does not change anything at the table ... ;)
for me, this is the first thing that i look at, i explain to you why> when i transferred to francisco the table for he starts the script, the graphics were not finished and i had left the transparent plastic with these same black spots and although i quickly changed that and send back to the scripter of genie, Francisco sent me systematically the update on the version with the spots and this until the exit of the table! and it had become something that made us laugh a lot (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2945) - but honestly it's an insignificant detail for 99.99% of players :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:08 am 

This is great news Drakko !
We were hoping that this might inspire the table makers like yourself to return :D

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:51 am 

I posted a guide on how to set up dynamic flippers using Gimli's and my formula back on page 7 of this topic. I have revised the coding so the formula is exactly the same but it is easier to use now. All you need to do now is to replace the values for 50 and 29 in the following code to what you want and everything else is automatically computed. It makes it easier to test different values. Gimli thinks this version won't slow your PC down. The only way you can mess this up is to enter a value for MaxOmega that is less than or equal to the MinOmega.

Code:
   const MaxOmega  = 50  ' Omega at base of flipper.  Must be > MinOmega.
   const MinOmega  = 29  ' Omega at tip of flipper. Must be < MaxOmega.

Sub RightFlipper_prehit()
   OnPreHitFlipperSettings(RightFlipperExt)
   omegaCorrection = MaxOmega - (RightFlipperExt.ContactPoint * ((MaxOmega - MinOmega)/1.2))
      If RightFlipperExt.ContactPoint < 0.0 then RightFlipperExt.Omega = MaxOmega
      If RightFlipperExt.ContactPoint > 1.2 then RightFlipperExt.Omega = MinOmega
      If (RightFlipperExt.ContactPoint => 0.0) And (RightFlipperExt.ContactPoint =< 1.2) then
         RightFlipperExt.Omega = omegaCorrection
      End if
End Sub

Sub LeftFlipper_prehit()
   OnPreHitFlipperSettings(LeftFlipperExt)
      omegaCorrection = MaxOmega - (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint * ((MaxOmega - MinOmega)/1.2))
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint < 0.0 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = MaxOmega
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint > 1.2 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = MinOmega
      If (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint => 0.0) And (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint =< 1.2) then
         LeftFlipperExt.Omega = omegaCorrection
      End if
End Sub

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner