Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: FP BAM OpenVR VR Hub
 Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:16 pm 

I'm wondering if anyone has made any progress on creating a VR menu launcher for FP VR tables?
As I understand it you can use a command line to launch the Bam VR FPlauncher directly to a table but currently theres no Hub so to speak.

ArcaidVR has a free front end for VR Arcade vendors that allows up to 6 games to evaluate and is $97 for unlimited. Its really geared to VR arcades but it could potentially be used for Future Pinball as well.
I'm gonna see if they can offer another tier with no time management and still limit to a number of exe's but allow duplicates with augments of the same exe to facilitate adding a library of Future Pinball tables and function as a Hub.

Heres a link to their product video you can signup and download the free version now.
I'm gonna experiment with it tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhioYAzMqX0

Post subject: Re: FP BAM OpenVR VR Hub
 Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 pm 

Lol, I also directly thought on FP when I read that news about Arcadia. 100 Dollars though would be outside my budget for the little comfort advantage.

At the moment, I just launch Pinball X from Steam VR and then use the "show desktop" feature of Steam VR to see the app and choose my table. The downside of this is of course (other than that you must run Pibnall X in a window if you want it to be oriented correctly) that you still need your Vive Wands / Touch controllers with you to launch or switch tables.

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:39 pm 

I have often wandered how guys function with VR headsets and not be able to press buttons on the keyboard. I am guessing that you start an app and then put the headset on. I wrote a tutorial on how to add shortcuts to tables to a folder. Of course, you would still have to be able to find your mouse and the buttons for enter, 1, 5, Esc and sometimes special keys 1 and 2 in order to play a table.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5653

George

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:57 pm 

so i took a quick look I can't see away to customize the command line in its current state it just lets you pick the program(from your steamvr list from the looks of it) give it a name and point to the exe but thats it.

Im gonna mess around with PinballX I hadn't thought of just using it via the SteamVR desktop view to launch..that might be good enough to make it easier.
Yes currently I was just lifting headset and using keyboard to navigate thru table list..its been abit cumbersome

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 am 

https://youtu.be/bjE6qXd6Itw

I wonder if you can run pinballx from virtual deskop to load bam vr

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:51 pm 

it looks like pinball X lite added to the Steam and enabled in VR is about the best option atm
Not perfect but better then nothing :)
trying to work out why pinball x ends up in forground vs the table loading screen but its certainly better then taking the headset off every time to load a table thru FPs menu :)

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm 

Gimli wrote:
https://youtu.be/bjE6qXd6Itw

I wonder if you can run pinballx from virtual deskop to load bam vr

I own virtual desktop but not sure it would work better then just launching pinballx from steamvr

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:31 pm 

bloodydrake wrote:
so i took a quick look I can't see away to customize the command line in its current state it just lets you pick the program(from your steamvr list from the looks of it) give it a name and point to the exe but thats it.
You could create for example an Auto Hotkey script (which can be easily compiled to an exe) that launches your desired table and add it as a game to Steam, so you can pick it ArcaidVR.

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner