Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: HELP - Ball no longer makes it up launch lane
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:07 am 

I have recently been experiencing a very bizarre Future Pinball event in my cabinet. For several years, I've used the table Pirates of the Caribbean 1.09 GOLD. The table has usually worked fine. I tried using BAM. Things seemed to be alright. However, I soon noticed that the plunger no longer had enough strength to launch the ball more than 1/3 the way up the launch lane and onto the table.

I've tried the table with original physics and physics 2.6 (which had previously worked). I get the same problem with both physics sets.

I've tried downloading new copies of the table and launching them directly from Future Pinball (physics default and physics 2.6). I can sometimes get the first ball to launch. But, subsequent plunger launches will not work (and just go a maximum of 1/3 way up the launch lane). Other times, no balls will launch.

I even tried downloading Pirates of the Caribbean Physics 2.5 which is the SLAMT1LT table modded by Glxb. I experience the same problems.

I have not manually modified any of the table scripts.

This is a great table and I'd like to continue to use it.

If anybody has any suggestions as to how I can correct this problem, your assistance would be appreciated.

EDIT: I retried the initial table. I found that if I fully charge the plunger (hold launch button), the ball will only go about 1/3 of the way up the launch lane. But, if I only allow the plunger to go back about 80%, the ball launches correctly. I'm confused.

Post subject: Re: HELP - Ball no longer makes it up launch lane
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:43 pm 

Phazer,

I was unable to repeat the problem you describe on Pirates of the Caribbean 1.09 GOLD with Physics 1.0. However, I was able to repeat the issue with Physics 2.6 applied to this table. I was also able to repeat the issue with Pirates of the Caribbean Physics 2.5.

I fixed the problem by reducing the strength of the plunger. The strength of the plunger is set to the max. Just reduce the strength by 2 ticks of the slider. If you have never done this before, just open the FP editor and click on the plunger. It may help if you turn off layers 7 through 10. After you click anywhere on the plunger, you will see the options for the plunger appear in the right pane. You will see the parameter for strength about 3/4 of the way the list. Reduce it by 2 ticks.

I normally use the Zed version which does not have this problem although the plunger strength was already reduced.

Have fun!

George

Post subject: Re: HELP - Ball no longer makes it up launch lane
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm 

GeorgeH:

THANK YOU for taking the time to do all that you did to investigate my peculiar problem.

I will do as you recommended.

Cheers!

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help