Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Help with Attack From Mars
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:12 am 

I have tried every version of Attack From Mars from version 1.0 to the most current. I have found that multiplayer doesn't seem to work. I have tried pressing CoinIn and then the Start Game keys and then pressing CoinIn and Start Game again for player 2 and it does not work.

Has anyone gotten multiplayer to work?

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Help with Attack From Mars
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:11 am 

Hi George,

My experience (using AFM 1.1 from PinSimDB) is that the 'Multiplayer' element does work - for upto 4 players, it's just the details/information depicting "Player x", "Ball y" that doesn't show on the DMD/HUD... but if you play through until the last ball for each respective player (and a High-Score achieved) - then the player gets to enter their name... completes a "Match" routine, and then moves onto the next player (hopefully this makes sense?).

Therefore, I think it's the refresh/update of the DMD/HUD when staring a new ball for each player that is not getting displayed; I don't have the greatest knowledge to script the update that I believe would be needed to rectify this issue, otherwise I would help out - sorry :? .

Gin

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:44 pm 

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I've noticed the DMD displays high scores at the start of a game when it seemed like it should be displaying info about the game. I woundn't call this part of it broken but it seems odd. Since, this is my favorite table, I'd like it to work correctly.

Has anyone been able to fix multiplayer so it works better?

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:29 pm 

If you are not in a hurry, I can have a look to that, and maybe write a fix if it's not too heavy.
Just a dumb question: as you have 4 versions (Slamt1lt, Zedpinball, light mod and regular), wich one does I have to investigate (maybe all have the same script, but I'm a lazy boy).

GeorgeH wrote:
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I've noticed the DMD displays high scores at the start of a game when it seemed like it should be displaying info about the game. I woundn't call this part of it broken but it seems odd. Since, this is my favorite table, I'd like it to work correctly.

George

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 am 

Popotte wrote:
If you are not in a hurry, I can have a look to that, and maybe write a fix if it's not too heavy.
Just a dumb question: as you have 4 versions (Slamt1lt, Zedpinball, light mod and regular), wich one does I have to investigate (maybe all have the same script, but I'm a lazy boy).

GeorgeH wrote:

George

Thanks Popotte! If Gin is correct, it appears it shouldn't be too involved. All of the versions appear to have this same issue but I prefer Slam's ULTIMATE 1.02.
I've noticed that Slam often fixes bugs so hopefully his version has fewer bugs than the other versions. I have played this version many times and not found any bugs other than this.

I have sent you a PM with a copy of the table I have been editing. I haven't changed anything significantly. I have been working on some custom physics and I added lane lights to the backboard like Gimli did on CFTBL. The lane lights on the playfield are hidden underneath the ramps. About the only way they can be seen is from a top view so having them duplicated on the backboard helps the game play (though I guess it makes the table less authentic). I found a playfield I like better also.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:57 pm 

Popotte determined that this table does not support multiplayer at all. I think I will still release my mods to this table anyway. So far I have created custom physics, changed the playfield texture and added duplicate lane lights so you can see them more easily.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 pm 

I was waiting for your verdict on multiplayer he he....same as Creatures....
FYI George, NO , ZERO , NADA solid state DMD tables have true multiplayer except the ones FLUG and I have tweaked :?

I tweaked Attack from Mars a couple of years ago if you want to see it....it is not true MP but I believe has MP notifications and doesn't crash in MP games....

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5166&hilit=attack+from+mars&start=40
November 27, 2014

BTW this was a common flaw in SLAMT1LT tables early on (as they all used the same base script, with MP bug)

I found the fix was the same in Indiana Jones, Batman, Attack from Mars, Tron , etc..... etc....of course I can't now remember exactly what it was...I think I sent UMPA copies of the tables I tweaked back then..

I have ranted about this so many times (and here I go monologuing again). This does not matter to most people....they play virtual pinball alone, cloistered in a solitary room or in a back alley, unbeknownst to world at large

Or if they play a multiplayer game that doesn't crash, they don't realize that all game accomplishments are shared collectively by each player...MP in FP is really "Team Play"

Why am I hyperventilating !!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:07 am 

Gimli,

Do you still have a copy of it? The link to download it doesn't work on the posting that you provided..

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 am 

I upgraded my laptop hard drive a year ago and lost everything...but it may be on my
PC....that currently is in storage I'll check.....

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm 

Sorry still haven't checked, distracted
by the other stuff

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help