Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: uninstall and reinstall question and buzzing plunger?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:12 pm 

Anyone know where FP hides a config file at install? I was having trouble so I decided to reinstall the game. When I started FP, all my old settings were still there? Any ideas? I made sure the old folder was removed and created a new different folder too. The reason I uninstalled in the first place was some tables started to make a buzzing sound when the first ball was sent to the plunger. The other problem was many of the newer tables load half way or most of the way and crash. Tried minimum, medium, maximum. Most of the trouble started after putting in a nvidia gtx 650 ti vid card. Is there some tweak I don't know? All other games work great with it.

Post subject: Re: uninstall and reinstall question and buzzing plunger?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 am 

Quote:
Anyone know where FP hides a config file at install? I was having trouble so I decided to reinstall the game. When I started FP, all my old settings were still there? Any ideas?

Windows registry
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Future Pinball\

Quote:
Most of the trouble started after putting in a nvidia gtx 650 ti vid card.

I have a 650 ti (347.09 driver, used via hdmi)

what are your pc specs

what driver is your nvidia card using

Quote:
The other problem was many of the newer tables load half way or most of the way and crash.

what version of Future Pinball are you using
are you using the BAM add-on (can solve some issues)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:40 pm 

Thanks for the reply! I will look in the registry later. Driver is 340.53- latest whql driver. hdmi output. No Bam - yet. System is Intel I5 6 gig ram, 64 bit, win7.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:55 pm 

As for the buzzing plunger sound, tick the vertical sync box in Preferences - Video / Rendering Options.
Another problem you might encounter is - the robots face wont light up on Bride of Pinbot, that means you have to tick Render Ornaments and tick disable GLSL shaders. Something like that anyway as I haven't played that table for a while.
Also if you get a white DMD, thats to do with GLSL shaders as well. (tick the box) If you use BAM, a lot of those problems go away. BAM is very handy in that respect.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:49 pm 

Thanks for the help guys- Bam installed, latest nvidia driver and almost all is well now. For some reason Star Wars Empire Edition VIP 1.02 won't load the targets? Any great ideas for that? Everything else so far seems to be working well!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 pm 

Glad to hear its working for you... almost. I just loaded that table and all is okay for me.
Try setting everything to maximum, I do. 32bpp, tick high quality textures, bilinear, 24 bit, anisotropic filtering 6x, 7 hardware lights, model quality high, etc. Give that a whirl and see how it goes.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:02 am 

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1709

Quote:
For some reason Star Wars Empire Edition VIP 1.02 won't load the targets? Any great ideas for that?

- restart fp.exe after running every table (or use a launcher that does this for you)

Driver 347.25 is the latest whql driver.

Here are my setting

My PC:
AMD FX 6100, 16 gig ram, Geforce GTX 650 Ti, Win 8.1 pro 64 bit

hope this helps 8-)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:34 am 

Miownkhan,

I notice in you 3d Nvidia settings you don't have ambient occlusion enabled.
I tried enabling it in order to try out Zedonius/ Ravarcade's new SSAO (ambient occlusion) add-on
but the frame rate slowed down dramatically and I am not convinced it worked on my system

Cheers

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 pm 

Gimli

Quote:
I notice in you 3d Nvidia settings you don't have ambient occlusion enabled.

Its not supported for Future Pinball (only few apps are). Nvidia settings do not allow it to be turned on. :x

That said, ambient occlusion can be enabled in Global Settings (always on? :? ). But I don't think that will work either. I have not notice any major changes other than eating up resources.

Quote:
I tried enabling it in order to try out Zedonius/ Ravarcade's new SSAO (ambient occlusion) add-on

Ravarcade's BAM Update (BAM_v1.2-85b) Added SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion).
:arrow: BAM menu, in [config]->[plugins].

BAM's SSAO is "fake shadow", It is not a real shadows algorithm. (still looks good :))

Performance impact on older systems.

I run -SSAO slow/low or high depending on table.
I found only 2 tables that gave me frame rate problems are Zed's 3 Angels and The Twilight Zone.

more about BAM's SSAO here ;)
http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3249&start=1420

hope this answers your question and you get it working 8-)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:33 pm 

Ok, back with more fun! Star Wars and others work now (thanks!)- with one issue. The suggestion of restarting FP when playing new tables does not work, never has. I have to do a full restart of the pc if I want to switch tables. If I don't, I get strange objects missing, or usually, the plunger will not work ( what is it with the plunger? ). Sometimes you hear the spring , but it never launches. Tried in both bam and no bam. Pirates of the Caribbean will not launch a ball no matter what i do or how many restarts. I had this problem with my old ATI video card too. Is this some video cache not clearing out? What do you guys think?

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help