Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Side Project

Post subject: Video WOZ
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:28 pm 

A little side project i have been working on is a video version of Wizard Of Oz in a game called "Little Big Planet 2" Its been a year long project on and off and i am super pleased with the results. This as just been an exercise in fun and nothing more. Link here to an old video made by a renound crittic by the name of Rocket_Cheetah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5lbhpjXy4
http://if.lbp.me/img/ft/16f85f7183993da ... d4dee1.jpg

Post subject: Re: Video WOZ
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 pm 

Hello,

Welcome aboard ;)
Can you give us more details on how it was made?

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:46 pm 

Well for starters i am a huge pinball fan but never had the means to own one so...i made this. I live in N.J. and was thrilled to see a new company come on board the pinball industry. I was so impressed with the layout and artwork of the WOZ i was inspired to make it. The game LBP2 is a creation based game giving you all sorts of tools for making your own games not particularly a pinball machine but close enough. I started by getting as much reference as possible like pictures and layout plans and broke it down into smaller pieces. I started with the two upper playfields and modeled them as close as possible to the real thing by literally holding the drawing up to the screen and tracing it. This was pretty much the same for the rest of the machine. I didn't know what the game rules were of progression of gameplay so i made it all up myself. This was the funnest part of the project because the sky was the limit and i knew i could do anything i wanted. Between the boss battles on the playfield , the fireworks and custom laser light show i kept adding more and more to it. I have now since owned three real pinball machines, Judge Dredd, BSD and now Terminator 3 which has inspired me to make another. You can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/qpCvuLgQwO ... ay=1&rel=0

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/fo ... e&fullsize

Even though LBP has its con's (physics are sketchy) but it also has its pro's like the lighting, sounds and general looks i think it outshines FP, VP and even Pinball arcade, mostly because none of these seem to use real-time lighting, reflection maps(except the ball) shadows and volumetric lighting which is a shame because they could look sooooo much better.
Anyway, thank you for your warm welcome i will be sure to post any new projects i may have. And if you would like to play these tables you will need a PS3 and a copy of LBP2 which is under 30 dollars i think and look for Thirdaxis01 and you can play them all!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 pm 

I WANT THAT!!!...seriously man how was it made...tell me! tell me! :)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:52 pm 

Here is some behind the scenes logic boards.

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/fo ... e&fullsize

And some of the wiring.

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/fo ... 253&inline

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:56 pm 

Ok...so you need a ps3 to play this...crap...just my luck..

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:38 pm 

yes - LBP is an exclusive PS3 title... I wasted a lot of days playing 1 and 2 with my kids :) One of the best years ago.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:47 pm 

Yes you need a PS3 but since the PS4 is coming out in November you can pick up a PS3 for pretty cheap. Plus now you get a top rated blue-ray player, internet browsing, media player(music, movies, etc.) and a lot of free games.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 pm 

no...I meant, I want to design table and share them for cabinets so it is a big waste of time for me even if the result is very cool. No one have a ps3 plugged into his cabinet.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:14 pm 

Yea if you ever had the chance to play the LBP games and you have a creative side it's worth every penny. I have gotten more use out of this game then anything else i have ever been addicted too. It does take some time to become fluent with it's capabilities but once you have a grasp of it you realize the potential and freedom to create almost anything (almost) the biggest problem is it's basically a 2D "side scrolling" game with the exception that you have three layer's to work with, that's it. In other words a back, middle and front layer. So i found when making a pinball machine you have to take that into consideration before you even start building it. For example: If you have a table with a ball through underneath the playfield, that would be the "back" layer. Then the playfield itself would be the "middle" layer only leaving you with one layer on top of that for ramps and wire-forms. So a game like Judge Dredd would be impossible because it has 4 layers or levels to move the ball around unless you combined two of the three layer's somehow but then it wouldn't be authentic...can't have that now.

I have just started messing around with Future Pinball software. I have been wanting to do some tables with it but i feel the learning curve will be extensive being that i have a limited source of community help in creating. I have been a cgi artist for years including solid modeling, cad etc. but this software is so different from anything i have ever used and i know if i could wrap my brain around it i would be able to do some very impressive looking work. At least compared to what i have seen out there so far, but again i don't know what the softwares capabilities are yet. This is one of the reasons i have joined this forum so i can hopefully get some support on working with the program and if their would be much room for improvement specifically on photo-realistic abilities. Lighting, reflection maps, shadows etc. I would be most drawn towards making the best possible "looking" tables along with the most accurately dimensioned set of tables with everything in its place down to .03 or so of an inch. This is my biggest beef with a lot of the tables i see where they are obviously not even close i mean i can see a 1/16th here or there but thats it. Just my special blend of OCD:)

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Side Project