Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Side Project

Post subject: Jukebox Pinball Idea
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:50 pm 

Hi i have think to create a pinball that play some multiple musics, style karaoke musics by respect of the artist's

The idea i have and want to experiment is to make some group of musics, that play but is related to the month; by checking the CurrentDate-Time-Month.

So when a month change, the pinball play an other group of musics. As so the musics change each month. I have also think to make the playfield look change each month also.

I believe it is possible, since i have programmed in some pinball's some dmd that indicate the current (time/month/year).

The thing is i think to put maybe 5 to 10 musics style karaoke for each month. But i wonder what musics style karaoke/midi that sound quite alike the original musics. Where to find them? What would be for peoples popular songs.

I have think about musics style rock/pop/oldies. Like:
Rocky (Eye of the Tiger), ACDC (Back in Black), Queen (We will rock you), White Snake (Here i go again), Kiss (Made for loving you), Joan Jett (I Love Rock n Roll), Kenny Loggins (Danger Zone), Bon Jovi (Living on a prayer), Pink Floyd (Brick in the wall), Huey Lewis (Power of love) etc. etc.

Bref i would like to have your musics suggestions.

Thank's.

A+

Post subject: Re: Jukebox Pinball Idea
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:23 pm 

Great idea! I like the changes that can occur based upon the month. You could even do this for changing of seasons or holidays (though that is more region dependent where-as music isn't)

Tii (Tim) knows a lot about music -- maybe he could answer your questions on music suggestions.

-mark

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm 

I have about 16,000 songs on my iPod and have ranked them all. These are the songs I have ranked the "Best of the Best:

Genre, Group, Name of Song
Alternative, World Party, Is It Too Late?
Ambient, Connect.Ohm, Mol
Ambient, Jochem Paap, Un-Klkkn
Blues, B.B. King, The Thrill Is Gone
Blues, Muddy Waters, I Just Want To Make Love To You
Blues, Rory Gallagher, Philby
Blues, Roy Rogers, Smoke & Mirrors
Country, Alison Krauss, When You Say Nothing At All
Country, Bonnie Raitt, Fearless Love
Country, Brad Paisley, Then
Country, Carlene Carter, The Sweetest Thing
Country, George Strait, It Ain't Cool To Be Crazy About You
Country, Highway 101, Who's Lonely Now
Country, Johnny Cash & The Tennessee Two, I Walk The Line
Country, The Judds, River Of Time
Country, Mary Chapin Carpenter, I Take My Chances
Country, Patsy Cline, Crazy
Country, Shania Twain, Is There Life After Love
Country, Trisha Yearwood, Sad Eyes
Country, Zac Brown Band, Free
Folk, Joan Baez, Diamonds & Rust
Folk, Joni Mitchell, You Turn Me On I'm A Radio
Jazz, Dave Brubeck, Summer Song
Jazz, The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Take Five
Jazz, Paul Desmond, A Ship Without a Sail
Jazz, Paul Desmond, 2 Degrees East, 3 Degrees West
Jazz, Paul Desmond, Glad To Be Unhappy
Jazz Fusion, David Sanborn, Back To Memphis
Jazz Fusion, Pat Metheny Group, Sometimes I See
Jazz Fusion, Special EFX, Passages
Jazz Fusion, Tom Scott, Outzone
Jazz Singers, Billie Holiday, Now Or Never
Jazz Singers, Louis Armstrong, What A Wonderful World
Jazz, Dixieland, Pete Fountain, Basin Street Blues
Metal, Queensryche, Silent Lucidity
New Age, Enya, Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)
Pop, Elton John, Tiny Dancer
Pop, Neil Diamond, I've Been This Way Before
Pop, Rickie Lee Jones, Chuck Es In Love
R&B, Otis Redding, (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
Reggae, Bob Marley & the Wailers, Stir It Up
Rock, Alice Cooper, Hello, Hooray
Rock, The Beach Boys, Good Vibrations
Rock, The Beatles, Yesterday
Rock, The Beatles, Penny Lane
Rock, Blind Faith, Can't Find My Way Home
Rock, Bob Dylan, Tangled Up In Blue
Rock, Bob Dylan , Sara
Rock, Chuck Berry, Johnny B. Goode
Rock, Cream, White Room
Rock, David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust
Rock, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, From The Beginning
Rock, Janis Joplin; Big Brother & The Holding Company, Piece Of My Heart
Rock, Jeff Beck, Led Boots
Rock, John Lennon, Imagine
Rock, Led Zeppelin, Stairway To Heaven
Rock, The Moody Blues, The Night: Nights In White Satin
Rock, Nektar, Good Day
Rock, The Police, King of Pain
Rock, Pure Prairie League, Amie
Rock, The Rolling Stones, Paint It, Black
Rock, Steppenwolf, Born To Be Wild
Rock, Ten Years After, I'd Love To Change The World
Rock, Three Dog Night, Joy To The World
Rock, U2, Where The Streets Have No Name
Rock, U2, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Rock, Uriah Heep, The Wizard
Rock, Wishbone Ash, Witness To Wonder
Rock, Yes, Wonderous Stories
Swing, Coleman Hawkins, Self Portrait (Of The Bean)
Swing, Count Basie, After Supper
Swing, Duke Ellington, Take The 'A' Train
Swing, Duke Ellington, Wanderlust
Swing, Elliot Lawrence, I Found The One I Love
Swing, Glenn Miller, String Of Pearls
Swing, Glenn Miller Orchestra, Tuxedo Junction
Traditional, Zakir Hussain, Rhythm Sonata In E Major

It appears you are interested in rock but I have other genres as well.

George

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:54 am 

Thank's George i'll check all of them and Thank's Mad.

I have not thinked yet about the objectifs and things to put into the table.

But i can say that creating a pinball that each month the musics change, i have not seen this table so i can say it's one of it's kind.

A+

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:51 am 

The Pinball Table Theme could a "Juke Box" itself

You could have game play modes that are Genre specific.
Starting say with Primitive Classical Music and evolving to highly developed Grunge Rock and Rap
or is it the other way around :lol:

Start game in Genre 1 mode (whatever it is) and each time you start a new ball and release the plunger, it is like inserting a quarter and a Random song plays within that genre.

You progress through Genres as you progress through the various table modes and objectives....

You win the game by "burning out" or "exploding" the jukebox by working your way through all the genres...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:28 pm 

Here is what ive done so far:
Attachment:
juikebox_01.jpg

I have found a jukebox model and have changed a little the texture. But what is sad is that i find the model strange since when the jukebox is seen close, you see a lot of dark black triangles. It is not my jukebox model, but said it is free for personnal use.

The jukebox have some inner wall's to block the ball of the jukebox. But i have put some ramp, texturize it and make some part of the ramp texture as "seen trough". The ball can climb the ramp and go into the jukebox speaker, where there is some inner kicker. The ramp look like some rope bridge.

The flippers are some old car and work just fine. Also it is a two floor table. I have think that when some objectifs are done, the player could enter some mini-game pinball and hit the targets making more points; trying to keep longer the ball.

The part where there is a small field pinball, the ball can roll over it when the ball is on the other floor; brief it is some window floor. The flippers (mini playfield and the other playfield) flip at the same time.

I dont have much idea of what to put, Bumpers, Ramp, Lights, Decals, etc; and where to put. The objectifs to make. One thing for sure Gimli it is a nice and interresting idea you have. Then i should think to create two jukebox table, one not based on musics different each month. So one with progressing musics, like maybe old musics of the 40-50's and so on; but not based on the current time and current month. An other table but based on each month.

Or maybe (but this i dont have the knowledges when some peoples do), when the player enter the coin and start; it could have before the ball enter the lane with the (left flipper) choose if it is based on each month musics "or" play musics old to more recent. When the player press (right flipper) it would indicate to choose the selected mode. For these knowledges, i dont know how to do?? I have heard there is some tables that the player can choose there mode before the ball enter the plunger lane.

I have forgotten how to create some external library into FP software. Because i have think to create many libraries for the musics of each month mostly. As so player could simply change the music libraries, as the library called "january" that could have into as (jan01, jan02, jan03, jan04, etc.) a library as "june" like (jun01, jun02, jun03).

Write some comment lines into the script, this to help peoples to follow the script. I have think that when the computer has passed midnight like from "March" to "April" it could stop the music to play the musics of the next month's.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 pm 

Most people don't have a taste in music as diverse as mine so having libraries of different genres of music that the end user can use seems like it might be a good idea. You could create several libraries. You could have a song named Jan01 in a library file play a country music song. You could have Jan01 play a rock song in a different library. What I am basically saying is you could have different library files for each genre but all the libraries would have the same file names. This way the end user could just pick the genre they prefer.

It is not hard at all to create a library. Just open the Future Pinball editor. Click on the "File" pull down menu. Then click on "Resource Library Editor". Then on the Window that opens, click on the "File" pull down menu. You can click on "New" to create a new library or "Open" to open an existing library.

George

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:41 am 

Now i get more your idea GeorgeH.

Then i have think to make some HudImage with some transparency at the beginning of the game, telling as "press the left flipper, to choose music style", then after "press the right flipper key, to play with the music style".

I know it is possible, because in the game Megaman XO i have created and programmed; the player can choose wich boss level he/she wanna play, before playing the ball in the playfield.

I have think about caterogy as:
Country, Rock, Disco, etc.

But i'll need help for each categories, because if i put some country's musics; then i would like to put midi songs (by respect to the artist and copyrights). But the songs must be known world wide, so that peoples like the musics into.

I have think a song that i believe is know world wide (John Denver / Annie Song). Because i have heard that John Denver is known world wide.

Rock:
I have think about (Kiss / I was made for loving you). (Queen / We will rock you). (Joan Jett / I love rock n roll).

Disco:
I have think about maybe some (ABBA fiew songs), because i think that ABBA was in the disco time.

Christmas/Xmas:
Is also a category i think to put, because who dont know some winter songs. In many snow movies they play theses musics.

Maybe i could program that when the ball enter the jukebox interior kicker, the player could see again some slight different HudImage; that could say continue with same musics or choose an other category?? Just an idea!

Ive got to say it's quite empty the table so far and i'll need some ideas. But first the music categories and song list. Then as my tables: http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/?searchAuthorIdx=14711, gonna write in the script a lot of "comment lines". So that peoples that want to check the script understand the logics. Just as my free "Futurepinball PDF Guides". Helping peoples bring there creation talents.

One thing for sure it is always important for my self to thank's the many peoples that have helped me trough the years. When i have think when i asked so many questions about how to do this script and that script and make it work. Briefly in my total beginning in FP, so very big thank's to all.

So GeorgeH, i'm pretty sure you have some great music category ideas; i'm open to the suggestions. But as told it should be some midi or instrumental musics, by respect of the artists and the copyrights. I'm gonna check also the list previously told.

Thank's to all of you and for your time.

A+

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:52 am 

You are welcome. By the way, John Denver is usually considered to be Pop/Rock music and not Country.

George

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:13 pm 

I think people who like this table will just change the music according her choice.
And John Denver is totally unknown in France (and Europa, I think).

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Side Project