Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post subject: BAM Physics Q.
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:39 am 

I like the pre-made BAM camera modes for a quick an instant set up just to see if I like a table or not. However, It does cause a bit of ball stretch for me. Seems the problem is the table is not scaled evenly. Oblong balls drive me nuts. So I usually turn BAM off in the Q menu so I can manually set up my camera.

It seems like the physics is still right but can anyone say if having the BAM camera off also disables the physics that I have set up? I use the xml with the same name as the table etc etc.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: BAM Physics Q.
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:32 pm 

When you say you turn the BAM camera off, do you mean turn "Forced Arcade Mode" off?

If yes, then yes. In fact, the physics will work anytime you are able to open the BAM menu.

When you open the BAM menu, you can see the *.xml file in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. If you see the *.xml file, there is no doubt it is working.

George

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:55 am 

I'm not disabling BAM as far as the menu. it still comes up. But I switch the camera mode to off and the menu goes away and says BAM is off. it no longer displays the .xml at this point but I can't see it switching off after the table is already loaded.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:55 pm 

You are going to have to explain to me what you mean by "camera mode".

George

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:08 pm 

Sorry, You know how you can switch the Camera in the Q menu to "Future Pinball, or "Happy Cab" etc....I switch it to the first choice which is OFF. It says down at the bottom BAM is off, turn it on with the right arrow etc. I just want to know if I do it like that will the physics still be the ones from the .xml named the same as the table is etc.

Thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:06 pm 

Interesting. You have discovered something I have never seen before. I normally use the "Static Cam" menu. I just discovered while I am on the "Static Cam" menu, I can left arrow to a menu that says "Future Pinball". Then if I press the left arrow again, I get to a screen that says "Mode Off" at the top and as you say it says BAM is off on the bottom of the screen. I don't know the answer to your question. I have never heard anyone using this screen before. I don't know what it's purpose is. You might send Ravarcade a private message asking him. It doesn't seem useful to me because there is no way to adjust anything.

Rafal?

George

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:54 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Interesting. You have discovered something I have never seen before. I normally use the "Static Cam" menu. I just discovered while I am on the "Static Cam" menu, I can left arrow to a menu that says "Future Pinball". Then if I press the left arrow again, I get to a screen that says "Mode Off" at the top and as you say it says BAM is off on the bottom of the screen. I don't know the answer to your question. I have never heard anyone using this screen before. I don't know what it's purpose is. You might send Ravarcade a private message asking him. It doesn't seem useful to me because there is no way to adjust anything.

Rafal?

George

Have a look around. There are very powerful things in here. You can change the way the table is lit, You can get your camera lined up for your cab instantly....You can eve do this thing with a Wii remote and head tracking and turn it into a 3D holograph type deal. Video's are on YouTube.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:18 am 

It even supports the new VR headsets but I just have a desktop PC and don't have the hardware for the fancy stuff. It also adds capabilities that the Future Pinball program never had like adding custom balls to tables and tilting miniplayfields that I do use plus other stuff I don't even understand that the guys that build tables can use. It even fixed a bug in the original FP program.

There is even a version that can be used with "The Pinball Arcade" if you have that program which has to be purchased.

By the way, I revised the BAM guide to include the stuff I sent you on a PM. You might do me a favor and let me know what you think:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544

George

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:49 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
It even supports the new VR headsets but I just have a desktop PC and don't have the hardware for the fancy stuff. It also adds capabilities that the Future Pinball program never had like adding custom balls to tables and tilting miniplayfields that I do use plus other stuff I don't even understand that the guys that build tables can use. It even fixed a bug in the original FP program.

There is even a version that can be used with "The Pinball Arcade" if you have that program which has to be purchased.

By the way, I revised the BAM guide to include the stuff I sent you on a PM. You might do me a favor and let me know what you think:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544

George

I will look it over in a few minutes. Unfortunately, I tried the Pinball Arcade/BAM thing a few days ago. Not currently supported due to a new version of PA. It makes me cry :(

Board index » Resources » FP Addons