Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 am 

OK still working on the external script for ledwiz commands, so far I have:

shaker(1) replace the 1 with length in seconds
gear(1) replace the 1 with length in seconds
bumpleft fires left bumper solenoid for one half a second
bumpright same for right bumper solenoid
bumpcent centre bumper
bumpback back solenoid
call strobelight(10,100) strobe light, first number is time the strobe is on in seconds and the second number is the speed of the strobe in milliseconds (second number must be something even if you have a proper strobe.)
knocker knocks the replayknocker once
rightsling fires the rightsling solenoid
leftsling fires the left
francisco sent me some code for the flashers so I'll do them next.

The other stuff like flipper solenoids just need to be called on and off in the right place of the script, but I'll come to that if I do a tutorial.

GLXB

Post subject: Re: LED WIZ Commands WIP
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 am 

great news, thanks GLXB.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 pm 

OK I think the external script is done.
In a day or 2 I will update the Addams Family table to use these commands and post it here for testing.
Damn this would be easier if I had an ledwiz and all the kit. ;)

GLXB

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:56 pm 

Is there a chance to get the slingshots "flashed" instead of "shaked"?
I mean: I want to install led flashers at near them.

My cab wont have ForceFeedback (FP is used for silent playing... my real pinball machine is loud enough... :-)) so there will only be be leds.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 am 

ChrissOnline wrote:
Is there a chance to get the slingshots "flashed" instead of "shaked"?
I mean: I want to install led flashers at near them.

My cab wont have ForceFeedback (FP is used for silent playing... my real pinball machine is loud enough... :-)) so there will only be be leds.

In the vbs file im doing just change the port number of the slings to a flasher port. That should work.

GLXB

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm 

great... I'll tell it when it is tested. But now I first have to rebuild my complete cabinet... :-( The new DMD is too big for the old housing. ohohoh... lot of work.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:36 pm 

Ack, I don't know how I missed this info! Maybe there was a place holder post and I never got to see the update? Also, I thought Macro started this thread.

These are great ideas. I think the final version of the class is going to make a lot of people happy.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:30 am 

Going to keep the updated code visible here if anyone wants to take a look or come up with suggestions. Note: this code is for review only, I wouldn't try using it just yet.

LEDWiz_Class.vbs
LEDWiz_Settings.ini

The commands are changed somewhat from the first post in this thread. Designers will be able to do things like

ledwiz.leftFlasher.Color = Green
ledwiz.leftFlasher.State = BulbOn
ledwiz.DurationOn = 100
ledwiz.DurationOff = 200
ledwiz.leftFlasher.State = Blink ' Blinking on for 100ms and off for 200ms
ledwiz.leftFlasher.State = Flash ' Just one blink for 100ms and the state is returned to BulbOff. For example, when the ball hits a bumper
ledwiz.ShakerMotor.Duration = 2500
ledwiz.ShakerMotor.State = Spin ' Spins for 2500ms
ledwiz.ShakerMotor.State = IsOn

I want to toy with different power values and my LED's too. I know that you can buy some one piece RGB LED lights that look great ramping different colors. I'm not sure about my super powered Cree LEDs. If the Cree's don't work well with ramping, I will make a setting in the .ini for users toggle it on and off. Ramping color values and even the shaker motor could make for some awesome effects. Think of all the car themed machines that could have engines revving with the shaker motor! If it works out, I would like to do something like

ledwiz.leftFlasher.FadeTo 255,40,40,2000 ' Fade LEDs from current state to a red color over two seconds

I, of course, would be happy to try to include any extra features that you guys can come up with. Please let me know what you would like!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 am 

Update: I am done with all the basic commands. However, until we can figure out how to create custom timers, the color fading commands will have to wait. The shortest time a timer can run in FP is 100ms. At that speed, you can see the steps/flickering as FP slowly updates the color values. I am going to research creating custom timers in VB Script. Another idea might be to use multiple FP timers and somehow offset them so that two are running at 100ms, but 50ms apart. I'm also open to any ideas that you guy can come up with.

As it stands now, any flasher can be set to BulbOn, BulbOff, Flash, and Blink in over 100,000 different colors (up from 7) :).

The commands that are on hold until we can find a new way to get faster timers are RampUp, RampDown, Pulse, and FadeTo.
RampUp and RampDown might work well with the shaker motor as it is, but I have not tested that out yet.

In the meantime, I am going to start documenting the commands that are available and create a tutorial on making existing FP tables work with the LEDWiz. If anyone wants to start converting their tables to work with the LEDWiz, I am willing to send the code right now. PM me and I will get it to you. I'm not willing to release what I have as a full public version until I have worked out what to do with all the fancy fading commands.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 am 

rooter wrote:
100,000 different colors (up from 7) :).

well, I would have done that, but I couldn't think of names for them all !

Board index » Resources » FP Addons