Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: LedWIZ with FP
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:53 pm 

Macro wrote:
2 ledwiz boards, now that is showing off!

it may be possible to use another row of dots to control a second board, or even use a second DMD screen

depends if the string to draw the dots becomes too long for vb

anyway, should be possible to add, but I think you will be the only user!

Actually need to use 3. ;)
Haven't tested it yet but do you think dynamically changed the board I'd would work?

Glxb

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:27 am 

Damn It I could have sworn last time I looked the ledwiz class file set the board ID but I can't see that now.
Looks like my Simpsons real Pin may be dead. :(

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:18 am 

OK heres what I'm after if some could help:
If possible just add 3 extra dots so that I can set the ledwiz ID dynamically.
Why 3?
If 0 is off and 1 is on then:
100 would mean ledwiz ID = 1
010 ID = 2
001 Id = 3
110 = 4
101 = 5
111 = 6
011 = 7

That would be enough. ;)
This way I could run a timer to cycle through the ledwiz IDs and set them on or off.

Please someone help.

GLXB

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 pm 

may be easier just to draw three lines of dots (if the string does not get too long for it to work in FP)

so current row = device 1, next row = device 2 and third row = device 3

almost the same as yours, but down the page instead of across.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:01 pm 

Macro wrote:
may be easier just to draw three lines of dots (if the string does not get too long for it to work in FP)

so current row = device 1, next row = device 2 and third row = device 3

almost the same as yours, but down the page instead of across.

Thanks, but I don't think I'll need it now. I've started coding the software in Visual Basic.

GLXB

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 am 

Well, its official, I'm now on board the LEDWiz train as a fantastic friend help me set up the LEDWiz and all my toys (6 contactors, shaker and gear motor and RGB Led light bar).

Everything in VP is working well, just started working at it in FP and have run into a snag: For whatever reason, my left flipper contactor registers when the right flipper is activated, and vice versa. This is occurring in two tables I've tested: the Addams Family and Apollo 13.

Another great friend and member (hi JR!) suggested for Apollo 13 I import that binary-font file, which I did, no difference. I think Addams family already has it (that was the test table right?)

I am running the default Zebulon booster board configuration (which I believe is port 6 for left flipper and port 7 for right flipper) and my FP config seems to indicate the same port. Reminder: this works perfectly fine in VP. Now, it is rather late at 1:35 AM, so maybe I'm a little punchy and should double check tomorrow LOL

Anyway, if anyone's come across this, I'd appreciate some assistance.

Thanks!

Rob

edit: Just wanted to add I KNOW I can just change left flipper to 7 and right flipper to 6 in the FP LEDWiz configuration file and everything will be peachy but trying to figure out WHY this is happening when IMHO it should not. This could prevent a need to readjust in the future if others have come across this before.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:13 pm 

Hello everyone, does anyone know if multiple ledwiz support was added to the OpenGL32 dll that Macro released?

If so, how would I instantiate a second ledwiz device? Would I just be able to populate the next three lines of the leddmd and have the OpenGL32 dll process it automatically?

If not does anyone know if there is a complete package solution for future pinball that supports multiple ledwiz boards with futuredmd?

Or If not, does anyone have the source code for futuredmd so I can add support for multiple ledwiz boards and then recompile it?

I'm currently working on my first pinball cab build and I'd really like to have more than one ledwiz board in it.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Violator_101

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Board index » Resources » FP Addons