Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: PinDMD with FP - WIP
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 pm 

cypher80b wrote:
So it is possible to use the rom in order to play the dmd animations and sounds (This can save some time to the builders). So the animations/sounds will be as accurate as the real thing. You can also use it to keep the scoring. But you can't use it for outputs. So you will still have to implement for example the lights functionality

I've just recently loaded some VP tables on my cab and gotta say having full 100% accurate dmd animations is great. It's also fun to play around in the rom settings, I would rate the sound quality coming from the rom as just okay though. It'll save the table builders and scripters plenty of time. Plus FP will always have the free scripting method so the creativity of the authors will remain.

PC - 2x Xeon CPU's 3.2ghz, 4g ram, GTX 650 Ti OC 1g, 80g 7200rpm SATA drive, Soundblaster Pro.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm 

Just a small update, I've been knocking together some code for FP that understands a subset of the Gas Segment Display commands, but instead draws them onto a DMD screen so they get sent to the DMD.

It supports up to 4 segment displays - you just call it with the x,y co-ordinates, character length and justification and then make sure that all commands to the segments are also sent to the segment class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfuHduJKE0

for a shot of the intro and start of game for bad cats.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 pm 

Oh that is awesome man!!

PC - 2x Xeon CPU's 3.2ghz, 4g ram, GTX 650 Ti OC 1g, 80g 7200rpm SATA drive, Soundblaster Pro.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:19 am 

WOW! MACRO, you are the man! This is really great news :) There are quite a number of tables out there that will benefit from your tweak! Thanks man! This is really awesome!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:53 am 

Wow nice... !!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:41 am 

thats cool :)

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 am 

Macro, I was just wondering whether your added code had already been released or whether you were still refining your method? I would sure love to add this amazing feature to my cab since I have quite a number of tables that support segmented DMD. Would love to hear from you again on this. Thanks for your time and effort :) You really changed the fp world with your add-on!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:23 am 

Is there any possibility to send a pattern file like fp-start.txt created e.g. with DMDit via command line or VB script to the PinDMD2 ?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:40 pm 

well, still needs a few commands adding, but it's almost there. Let me sort out a demo of some sort and I'll upload the code so you can play

after what forum users did with my last code, maybe I should let them finish this stuff as well !

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:41 pm 

sigma, should be easy enough to knock up an exe file that just upoads the command line text file to the DMD. Let me look at that as well!

what version pindmd do you need it to support ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Resources » FP Addons