Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post subject: [TOOLS] FP Tools V 1.2.1
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:31 am 

Hi folks,

FP Tools v1.2.1 is ready for download!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/56cu4h

What the heck is this?

FPTools is a set of programs to be used with Future Pinball (FP).

If you use FP in "Arcade Mode", you first have to manually re-size all your tables installed, according to your arcade video resolution.
If you are a cabinet user, you may get nagged by HUD elements...
Further, if you use HP, you have to manually re-create the HP XML reference file plus screenshots for your new tables to be displayed in your game starter. All this stuff is a boring and time consuming work....so why not using a tool set performing all that for you?

Here we go!

New features:
- NO MORE FP HACKING/PATCHING needed! FPTools 1.2.1 is able to re-calc table MAC
- Seperate tool FPMac.exe included to re-calc table MAC, so any table edit outside FP will be possible!
- Independant from HyperPin: Any table directory may be used
- Improved ScreenShot mechanism
- Automated FadeOut() of HUD and overlays rendered to table (for cabinet users)
- Automated script-adding

History
V1.0 First release
V1.2 MAC calculation, Independant from Hyperpin
V1.2.1 Some bug fixes

Licence

This software package ist freeware. You can do with it whatever you want. This software is distributed "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.

More details see Readme.html.

Last edited by sk1 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FP Tools 1.0
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:09 am 

No freaking way! I'm at the start of having to resize 110 FP tables to full screen so needless to say, I can't wait to go home and try this out! THANK YOU!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:58 am 

Any feedback?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:13 am 

sounds very handy - i will give it a try in next day or two

am wondering - i had a number of tables set up in arcade mode (scaled) but as i am trying to make a table, i go into the standard views - it seems i then have to go and rescale that table if i want to go back into arcade mode ...

so this could be quite handy

thanks!

Ron

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:10 am 

Might be a nice package but unfortunately the adjustments to tables required (to be able to set the arcade render size) renders them incompatible with the standard version of FP, so I did not go further with the testing, sorry.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:46 am 

The Loafer wrote:
Might be a nice package but unfortunately the adjustments to tables required (to be able to set the arcade render size) renders them incompatible with the standard version of FP, so I did not go further with the testing, sorry.

Hmmm....not sure if I see your problem - arcade render size is set in FP only and is the same for all tables. Of course, FPTool is able to handle all arcade render sizes!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:12 am 

For the table render option to work, you have to patch the exe, then once that is done, this means those tables you adjust do not work with the default exe, only with the patched exe. If I understand correctly, I see why you had no choice to do this to offer the ability for the stretched table option to work for all tables, but this is going in an area I do not support. If a future version of FP was released, however unlikely that is, I would think it would not be able to load these tables. There is also my own interpretations of what hacking may be ok or not ok and this is going too far as it hacks the security of FP. At least that is my interpretation.

I want to be clear, I know many are frustrated with the lack of development of FP and see it as a dead project. I would LOVE if there was an actual "global" option for setting table sizes, cause it is a pain to have to do this for every table. So what is the harm then? Probably none, but its a line I don't want to cross, probably because I like to think Chris and I were friends and in my own personal definition, this goes too far in what should be ok to do.

edit: for my post above this one, I didn't word that well, sorry. What I should have said:

Might be a nice package but unfortunately the adjustments to the .exe required (to be able to set a default arcade render size) renders the tables incompatible with the standard version of FP, so I did not go further with the testing, sorry.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:24 pm 

Quote:
For the table render option to work, you have to patch the exe, then once that is done, this means those tables you adjust do not work with the default exe, only with the patched exe.

Yes, thats right. So far I haven't found a way to re-calc table MAC in tables edited outside of FP....ok, will spend some more time to perform this, hopefully successful ;-)

Cheers SK1

Post subject: Re: [TOOLS] FP Tools 1.0
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 am 

Any more news on your FP Tools 2.0 release? Getting closer?

Post subject: Re: [TOOLS] FP Tools 1.0
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:45 pm 

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread! I have begun to resize all of my tables and have been resized A-C, with D-Z still to go. With FP 2.5 out now, does this still work properly?

Board index » Resources » FP Addons