Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: FPDMX (formerly Komunik)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 am 

RandyT wrote:
HappyCab wrote:
so my flash technique is not that bad since it work...

Just out of curiosity, does it work in full screen mode? You video shows the Windows bar at the bottom of the screen.

I can directly monitor the screen this way as well. It's full-screen OpenGL that is giving me fits.

Of course!
The Steve´s technique works in Full Sreen.
I've tried it on my Pincab. Work fine.
If not, all this post and your work would make no sense ...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:38 am 

yes it does work in full screen mode, I was in this mode actually. you see the windows bar only because I needed to Switch application to start the video recorder.

I don't "monitor" the full screen though,

My process is that I capture a very small area at runtime, make a jpg of it (twice per second)
so it always compare the color of NewJPg with OldJpg and act accordingly. sending the message to the RS232 via a script made with SWFStudio

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 am 

carlitoshl wrote:
If not, all this post and your work would make no sense ...

I can't possibly know how, or if, this is all really being used at the moment. Not everyone runs FP in a cab. I try not to make too many assumptions. Helps to keep me sane ;)

HappyCab wrote:
yes it does work in full screen mode, I was in this mode actually. you see the windows bar only because I needed to Switch application to start the video recorder.

Ok. The funny thing about Windows is that when that task bar is up, the screen is capturable through "normal" methods. This is true even when FP is running in full screen, but the only way I have been able to do it is by hitting alt-Tab and pulling the focus from FP.

Quote:
I don't "monitor" the full screen though,

My process is that I capture a very small area at runtime, make a jpg of it (twice per second)
so it always compare the color of NewJPg with OldJpg and act accordingly. sending the message to the RS232 via a script made with SWFStudio

That wasn't my intended approach either. At the desktop (FP in windowed mode), and when FP is in the state described above, I can simply look at an X/Y coordinate and get the RGB values of the pixel there. I can do this reliably about 20 times per second. But I have been foiled at every attempt to get to the screen when Windows is not involved. My guess as to why it works under Flash is that Flash has some 3D capabilities, so it works in the same virtual realm as where the screen buffer for FP lives. It's internal functions for saving a portion of the screen, likely have access to that area of memory. I'm guessing it's on the video card itself. It's unfortunate that Flash is nearly as locked down as FP is, when it comes to accessing external controls.

When testing your app, I also found that it introduces a fair amount of lag, not in the game, but in the playback of the audio. Not sure why this is. It's possible that Flash is doing some hooking in the process thread which is responsible for the audio playback, and doesn't give back control until after the screen area capture routines are finished.

Just so I understand your application, am I supposed to be able to see some sort of output? When I run it on my Win7 x64 system, all I get is a minimized app in the task bar which cannot be opened.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 am 

Quote:
Just so I understand your application, am I supposed to be able to see some sort of output? When I run it on my Win7 x64 system, all I get is a minimized app in the task bar which cannot be opened.

Maybe you have the same problems as me.
I, on my desktop PC I see the same as Randy. The application in the taskbar, but i can not open.
However in my PinCab works 100%.
I think the problem is that the application window trying to open on the secondary monitor (backglass). In fact I guess the intention of the window "traveling" to open at the right end of the primary monitor, which would be in Backglass.
Maybe Steve has been "locked" your application to only open on the secondary monitor, or on a specific screen coordinates.
Steve surely can clarify.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 pm 

I use flash 8 who have absolutely no 3d capabilities...

do you have 2 screens? does the second one run the fp backglass? it shouldn't...
this test is supposed to appear on the second monitor...if you have something coverint it, it will not show it.:)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 pm 

HappyCab wrote:
I use flash 8 who have absolutely no 3d capabilities...

You are using the ssCore.Desktop.saveImage function that is part of SWF Studio. Apparently, this function has the capability to capture OpenGl renderings.

Quote:
do you have 2 screens? does the second one run the fp backglass? it shouldn't...
this test is supposed to appear on the second monitor...if you have something coverint it, it will not show it.:)

Ok, I see it now. I don't have 2 screens connected to this system, but I was able to force the app to a new position to view it.

I think I have an approach that, while not ideal, should work. Essentially, it is to run FP in windowed mode, and dynamically alter the window properties once it starts so that it becomes full screen. It's still technically a window, but no window elements are displayed. I've already done a simple "Print Screen" capture like this, and it captures fine, so my original approach should work. We'll see......

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 pm 

Hi Randy, any progress on your front. Sure would like to see this happen. I'm happy to get a board and be a tester if you need. I just can't help with the programming bits.

PC - 2x Xeon CPU's 3.2ghz, 4g ram, GTX 650 Ti OC 1g, 80g 7200rpm SATA drive, Soundblaster Pro.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:55 pm 

now that there is the official PinDmD for Fp can any moderator remove that thread

Thx

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:53 pm 

Hi Steve..I know this is old thread but where can i find this FPDMX.zip?

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:36 pm 

nowhere...it as been since replace gladly by PinDMD.
Mine was just a prototype.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Resources » FP Addons