Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: FPDMX (formerly Komunik)
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 am 

HappyCab wrote:
...but it is not to me to do all the legwork. it is to the company that profit from this market.

I agree 100%, it would be nice for us to be able to get the benefits from LedWiz but ultimately if they (makers of LedWiz) cared enough they would make it happen. On the flip side though the only extra business they would be getting is from people like me who are using a very old PC and can't run VP. If I could run VP I would be and I would already have a LedWiz.

Ultimately I am looking for a full featured cab, as much as I would like it to happen with FP it's not a reality. Using an actual DMD or three monitors as well as force feedback is only going to happen with VP. It's frustrating as I really like FP but there's just not enough of us FP only cab users to make the effort worth while.

Never know, maybe they will cook something up.

PC - 2x Xeon CPU's 3.2ghz, 4g ram, GTX 650 Ti OC 1g, 80g 7200rpm SATA drive, Soundblaster Pro.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:51 am 

Greetings Steve:
I've made my own "Sample Table", and I'm studying your file "DMX.fla", to understand how to run your RS232 commands, but I see RS232 commands. I only see the commands for to save screen, reading the pixel color and changes in the animation.
This file is ready to control the RS 232 or only controls the animation?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:32 pm 

yes it is

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 am 

OK.
Now I've put the pieces of your puzzle, but as always, things are more complicated than they seem.
Now I understand Steve.
I think we have to wait for a solution from the manufacturer Ledwiz,
because I do not see how to connect your applications with the libraries to control Ledwiz (ocx and vbs).

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:42 am 

Hi Folks,

I'm the creator of the LED-Wiz, and a whole pile of other cool stuff at GroovyGameGear.

I've been scratching my head over this one, along with the rest of you. Let me start by stating that creating a proxy for the winmm.dll file or hooking the system message stream to "spy" on the sound being played, is the most optimal way of achieving what you are looking for, given the locked down nature of the FP application. But those aren't tasks which are within my current skill set. Any good Windows C programmer can probably do this in an evening. It would take me a month :)

But the good news is that there is a way to get commands from Actionscript (Flash) to the LED-Wiz, without requiring direct communication with a DLL or ActiveX control, which is apparently something that's impossible to use from Actionscript. On our site, we have a resident program for the LED-Wiz, which has a "clipboard monitor" feature for just such occasions. When this is enabled, it scans the system clipboard for LED-Wiz commands, and when it finds one, it will send it to the hardware and clear the clipboard. By writing an LED-Wiz command to the clipboard and monitoring it's contents, a sort of handshaking can be achieved. It works like this:

1) Set up the LED-Wiz command from all data changes within a specified period of time
2) Write the LED-Wiz command to the system clipboard
3) Monitor the clipboard until it becomes empty
4) Goto step 1

Additionally, a change in the "color box" method could provide on/off control for all 32 outputs on an LED-Wiz, using just 4 screen pixels. Whether this is actually possible depends on the number of frames allowed in an animation, and the minimum image size in FP. But in theory, 4 blocks of any size, with 256 gray frames ranging from 0 (BLACK) to 255 (WHITE) would represent the 4 8-bit banks of outputs on the LED-Wiz. I already have a simple piece of code which can monitor the screen directly (no intermediate file saves), and it wouldn't take much effort to send commands to the LED-Wiz, based on the color blocks. If anyone wants to put together a simple table based on the above method, and provide it to me with the screen coordinates of the blocks, I can do some testing.

RandyT

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:01 am 

Great to see you here Randy, your interest in getting this going is VERY much appreciated.

PC - 2x Xeon CPU's 3.2ghz, 4g ram, GTX 650 Ti OC 1g, 80g 7200rpm SATA drive, Soundblaster Pro.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:54 am 

this is very nice of you to join in..I am pretty sure we can do something nice and fully workable here. Modifying tables for the LedWiz/ColorBlock concept would take about a day for a table and since we are a community, multiple persons can get at it.

With the ever increasing quality of the table made here, you get yourself a market for sure..I would ditch my very own preliminary RS232 concept in an heartbeat if this is to work.

Let see this whole adventure as evolution in some ways.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 pm 

I also received a reply from RandyT.
It is important his kindness, interest and input in this forum.
I have sent my response and some of my small tests, if they serve to speed a little up his work.
Here I share with you my answer and file:

Greetings, RandyT:
Thanks for your interest. Importantly Ledwiz has your support.
I send you my files so that we can move forward together. I do not want you to do all the work, but sharing information, all users move before.
In the folder you will find a basic table to take a first step in using the Ledwiz.
I've only used 8 Ledwiz channels, only two types of commands Ledwiz, and only 8 switch bicolor (black-gray) in the table.
Of course Ledwiz possibilities are much greater, but once this first step we give each open their imagination.
The basic outline of my job is:

Color Switch off: #000000 (Black)
Color Switch on : #525252 (Dark Grey)

Table Solenoid..............LedWiz Channel..............Switch-Pixel Position............Action Type

Left Flipper........................18...............................x:08 y:04.........................Set
Right Flipper......................17...............................x:25 y:04.........................Set
Left Sling..........................20..............................x:42 y:04........................Pulse
Right Sling ........................19...............................x:61 y:04.......................Pulse
Bumper 1..........................23...............................x:79 y:04.......................Pulse
Bumper 2..........................21...............................x:96 y:04.......................Pulse
Bumper 3..........................22...............................x:114 y:04.......................Pulse
Knocker(*).......................24................................x:131 y:04......................Pulse

(*) In this table the Knocker is activated by the release of a new ball to the plunger, because there is no score.

The data for capturing the screen are (in pixels):

start position x: 00
Start position y: 00
High: 06
Weight: 140

The capture may be smaller, if it causes a problem of resources, but for testing, I preferred working with margin.

The two action-types are:

-Set (Flippers): ON when the pixel changes to gray - Off when the pixel switch to Black.
-Pulse (Rest): Pulse about 70ms (Flash type) when the pixel changes to gray.

In the folder you can find:

Ledwiz_Test.fpt > Future Pinball table test.
Ledwiz_Test.jpg > Table picture (low quality)
Switch.png > switch capture
Switch_Explanation.jpg > Description of Switch in the table.

You can see that I work with the screen vertically, coordinates on other format will probably change.

Thanks,
Carlos

PD: Although you already know, I like to make clear that this part of the thought and work of Steve. I just want to add my two cents.

The file:
http://uploading.com/files/get/m7a2a4da/FPLedwiz.zip

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:21 pm 

carlitoshl wrote:
I have sent my response and some of my small tests, if they serve to speed a little up his work.

Thank you very much, I appreciate you trying to make this work. I'm going to get an LedWiz soon so I would to test things for you. I wish I knew how to code etc but at least I can test in a cab setting if needed.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:53 am 

Hello again,
Randy has been working this weekend and things are moving fast.
Randy plans to work with a pattern of four small blocks of 256 shades of gray. Blocks are smaller than those of Steve, though its size never bothered me.
These blocks are captured by Randy´s application and converted into four 8-bit numbers.
His application does not save the screen, but "read" directly 4 pixels, which seems faster and more efficient.
It will control 32 Ledwiz outputs, Because the native communication routines for the LED-Wiz wants 4 individual 8-bit numbers for on / off control.
As Steve said before, and Randy says now, the application of this approach can Go further than LED-Wiz communication as well. 4 blocks can be used together to transmit 32-bit numbers, so a score display using an additional four blocks can Represent any number from 0 through 4,294,967,295. That should be more than enough for scoring.
We know that communication is only one direction (to out),
but all roads always start in one direction ....

Randy is working faster .... we have to be vigilant ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Resources » FP Addons