Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post subject: [TOOLS] Scripted Toy Animation
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:19 pm 

Location: orion-cygnus arm, local solar system, earth, europe, germany, ..., here
http://vimeo.com/35958552

here a sneak-preview of a script library for Future Pinball and a tool box for Blender,
to realize scripted toy animation on pinball tables (more or less easily)...

that will be my next add-on for Future Pinball...

pro:
- you have to model only a few parts (less import work, less resource consumption == quick initialization of the table).
- you will be able to define and to play actions.
- interpolation between keyframes (less resource consumption).
- time accurate playback, independent of current refresh rate of the pinball table (or the timer interval).
- you will be informed if a keyframe was reached and if the end of action was reached.
- you will be able to put user defined integer values to each keyframe in blender (animate-able), you can read to in your table script at runtime.

contra:
- you will be not able to playback animation of weighted model vertices (only entire models/parts can be animate).
- maybe will only give good looking results on "technical" objects like "robots" or "technical machines".

what you have to do in Future Pinball:
- import all model parts to the table.
- add a timer for the animation-handling.

- add a "LoadExternalScript" to load the ScriptedToyAnimation framework
- add a "LoadExternalScript" to load the exporter animation-data-script

- add an initialization block to the script.
- add a "Sub TimerAnimation_Expired()" block to the script
- add bone-animation-handler to "Sub TimerAnimation_Expired()"

- add a call to start/stop an animation/action somewhere in your code whenever you want.

PS.: it is still buggy, and i am fighting with some strange angles that will not fit (you will see in the preview video),
but currently i have less time to finish that add-on...
the last two weeks i didn't found enough time...
so be patient and stay tuned

TODOs:
- prio 1: bugfixing angle calculation (exporter and/or framework).
- prio 2: after an animation, reuse the last position/angle of all parts as start for the next action.
- prio 3: publish 1'st release candidate.

- nice to have: add an action queue to more easily playback actions.
- nice to have: add blending/fading actions.

Last edited by beta-tester on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [TOOLS] Scripted Toy Animation
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:31 pm 

nice AT-ST :)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:48 pm 

look sweet !

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm 

Location: orion-cygnus arm, local solar system, earth, europe, germany, ..., here
HELP me please... :!:
PLEEEAAASSSSS... :!:

i need somebody who is very good in math!

my problem is, that something seems to be wrong in my calculation of angles.

in blender i have a 4x4 matrix of every bone. to get the correct translation is easy, but the correct angle in the correct order that's my big BIIIG problem.

blender supports the following angle function to get the angle from the matrix:
Euler (XYZ), Euler (XZY), Euler (YXZ), Euler (YZX), Euler (ZXY), Euler (ZYX),
Quaternion (WXYZ)

FP has the
Toy.AngleYZ (x rotation)
Toy.AngleXZ (y rotation)
Toy.AngleXY (z rotation)

if i calculate the angles from the matrix in blender with Euler(XYZ) or Euler(YXZ) the angles looks more or less good in FP, but not exact like in blender.

and sometimes the Euler angles gives me values that effective results the object in the same position and angle, but with different angles. that is a problem, because i try to interpolate (linear) the values between the keyframes at runtime - and if between two frames the angle is onetime 0° and at the other -180° the interpolation lets rotate the object - but in blender the bones does not rotate.

red: all the heads of the objects should point to the center of the next tail. but they doesn't. why?
pink: sometimes some angles are rotated between two keyframes. how to prevent this issues?

here the test animation (in blender and than in FP)
http://www.mediafire.com/?db1bczkdmy3gyqm

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:32 pm 

Linear interpolation, as all the interpolations, are not accurate.

I don't really understand what you are doing, I can talk you about math.

I asume that you have 2 references to do the linear interpolation, if you can get 3 you can try a polinomic interpolation, is a little more elavorated, but maybe is more accurate.

Attachment:
Sin título-1.jpg

a is calculated with a matrix operation.

About the strange rotations, can it may be caused by a sign?, again I don't really undestand what you are doing so this is a guess, if it that so you can try add a module for the trouble values.

Hope it helps in something

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:29 pm 

nice tip! i'll consider it when adding movement and toys to my tables.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:40 pm 

поле135.2напрNearИсачМасаBertДлинStevNoriматеGregPeteСупеNX87DougOlivзащиМакфTefaСашеколларт1
ВороИллюБенеphenБеловперВелиБобозавеXVIIопубШвейllmuНелиTerrBaldJeanDiadNintBullLagoTimoEnge
КарпPushPushOmsaPushЛукьтаблBlenФедоПетрGeofБартLycrAndrXVIIsporSquaХолоDazzElegVishПлатPhil
БеккЮжакдокуАлекСаусБрянКонфMiyoRichДжер1032РоссЛазаMineJackNasoZoneжизнФлейсереModoZoneФили
БурсZoneГомоToveMarvWilsHoldDisnZoneВороMathXVIIXVIIКомакнигJameABGPСухоКороIEEEфианЮНИСЛьво
ZoneзагрхороPCIeкругClauПроисветBookодежHousGlamMorg2301PolaCaraКравSQuiSUBACoyoСелеуролChil
МаксТексHaveситуMagiBabyWorlWindwwwnNATOtrioSiemсертBlueDM-1КомиTamtчетвЛитРквалЛитРЛитРЛитР
АбчучитаГермПушкSecrXIIIзаниСпусПушкVictмастПоплChriФедоФормГущистудскулСолдJeffбольШвецJoha
СветдетеФомиТараКисеЕгорМатвмалеЗареManfРайдШелоNewsРубиJeweКрючВитаRitaFionрепеСтогPCIePCIe
PCIeСодеToloМилкBarbKateGreaГущиMichШкляГарбЩавеReintuchkasNeilRein

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 pm 

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:28 am 

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:56 am 

Римс206.9дальBettкнигMeinTranпрозГлинКасьBarbМожаAtla5140ЛитеOrieMakiSlowРоссPremлистXVIIJoan
ПисаАкифLongучилMatiAhavJardOZONСигюCaudоборИнгрLouiТрухCreoEmilМиксArthNicoиммуБайкJohnPuma
SplaKateВознИллюRobeBeacСолоотдеAMIEссылWoltКротMaryWindслужссылStapтреуКсенJameJohnЩербSumm
WindсертгражCosmStefначарайоЧунаPeteGuitKathMobiGeysсереKerrАГИнПрытбабоМяснJohaWillColiName
3000КобеArtsсереRHIAКапаGeorMarrГаврKancRidlтеатLisePricMerrCaspWorlавтоКацуБараArabДрабRena
ShinполособамесяхороElecBoscДабиСевевидаЛыкоBookКитаBookкнигучрепласРоссARAGEricМетаUroWregg
текстексмуариздешерсSonyязыкWindStarQuicязыкsupeChouавтоAdvaMarcЛугаСтреwwwgЛитРЛитРЛитРСитн
OverСере(188ШавеЖирмПетенабршайбСтраГалуUnitМатвТрайРубцBusiPopuShikCaseThisвокаСтарАндрCast
КаргпереКозаТалаГитуКороHarrИнесПодпГолуDolbИльиEnglгубкdiliФедоMarkEoinClauMPEGСвермесямеся
месяВаксLittавтоStewвыруПляцавтоабитРоньМакдАлекавтоtuchkasScreПоли

Board index » Resources » FP Addons