Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post subject: Re: How Future Pinball "should" be setup for BAM, DOFLinx &
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:02 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I've been using the Zed x64 version of Future Pinball.exe for several years now with BAM and XML files. I don't use FutureDMD but have never had any problem with Zed x64. I think your friend DDH69 doesn't like it for some reason that I don't understand. I like it though because it has the capability of exceeding 800 objects on a table and it allows FP to use more memory. You should try playing a table with Zed x64 and check the option to load images into the table editor and see if it plays the table. The worst that can happen is the table will crash but my PC plays it fine. My PC won't do that with the other FP exe files. Well there is a Pink Floyd table that is not available anymore that won't work but all the other tables I've tried will. If you are concerned, Slam's tables play fine with the 2.7 XML file.

George

I think DDH69 is coming from a programmer's perspective....and when they don't know what has been done to another program, they don't want to "officially" support it, because it can be a pain in the butt for them to provide support for their own program, etc.... I do agree with him though that it doesn't seem to be a 64 bit program, hence the suspicion.

That being said...I haven't had any problems when I tested it quickly so far. Just means I must have proper xmls for everything....which I started doing a while back anyway. I was more wondering if this version had the permanent changes to flippers, bumpers, etc that Zed did a long while back, and would that apply regardless of XML used with BAM... or does this version only change the XML settings,etc..

Cabinet and front-end users would prefer not to have "load images into the table editor" enabled as it just adds extra loading time with no pay off....but that is nice if you want to do table creatiion or editing.

Right now, I either MUST use the Zed version....or disable GLSL shaders....or edit Tron Legacy Stern and remove certain images that cause the problem....

I'll be using Zed for now and see how it goes.

Post subject: Re: How Future Pinball "should" be setup for BAM, DOFLinx &
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:38 am 

TerryRed wrote:
I think DDH69 is coming from a programmer's perspective....and when they don't know what has been done to another program, they don't want to "officially" support it, because it can be a pain in the butt for them to provide support for their own program, etc.... I do agree with him though that it doesn't seem to be a 64 bit program, hence the suspicion.

I'm sure there is a limit to what he was able to change in the exe. Zed was able to somehow change the way the memory is being used. Since FP was originally a 32 bit program, I'm sure there is a limit to what Zed was able to do.

TerryRed wrote:
That being said...I haven't had any problems when I tested it quickly so far. Just means I must have proper xmls for everything....which I started doing a while back anyway. I was more wondering if this version had the permanent changes to flippers, bumpers, etc that Zed did a long while back, and would that apply regardless of XML used with BAM... or does this version only change the XML settings,etc..

I'm sure the only change to the Zed FP exe file was to the physics which can be changed with an XML file. Physics whether it be in the FP EXE file or an XML has settings for the ball, flippers, bumpers, autoplungers, diverters, gates, kickers, plungers, slingshots, spindisks, spinners, emkickers, nudge settings and materials settings. If you are asking whether the Zed FP exe file has settings for these things, well sure it does but then so does every XML file.

TerryRed wrote:
Cabinet and front-end users would prefer not to have "load images into the table editor" enabled as it just adds extra loading time with no pay off....but that is nice if you want to do table creatiion or editing.

I'm not suggesting you leave it set that way. It is just a way to test how the different FP exe files compare with each other.

TerryRed wrote:
Right now, I either MUST use the Zed version....or disable GLSL shaders....or edit Tron Legacy Stern and remove certain images that cause the problem....

I'll be using Zed for now and see how it goes.

I would be surprised if you have any problems.

I saw Zedouious (or however he spells it) posted something recently you might send him a PM with you questions.

George

Board index » Resources » FP Addons