Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models

Post subject: mobile skirt
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:09 pm 

Dear Steve I'm your biggest fan. I've already used your "PowerBumper"and "DomeLight" in my works. Now I have a problem in my new job, which I submit to you and to your readers. I want to see the skirt of Bummper that falls when hit by the ball, as in reality .
So in the "Properties" of the Bumper I have not selected the "skirt" and I designed a new (as trigger) that go down to 3 mm. when struck. Unfortunately, the Repulsor original of Bumper loses "State.collidable" and passes through the ball. I enclose photos and file.fpt to clarify the issue. Thanks in advance and greetings to all.

PS. Why can not I see the translator of "Google Chrome" on your site?

http://www.leorato.it/Pinball/Mobile_Skirt.zip

Post subject: Re: mobile skirt
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:17 pm 

I saw your template and I am wondering why you are using the legacy bumper. It seem to be really weak and not really efficient. you would have less customization to do with the PowerBumper since all you seem to want is a nice chromy skirt.

Unless I don't understand what you want to do?! :)

Please give me more info

Steve

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:02 pm 

Steve wrote:
......... a nice chromy skirt.Unless I don't understand what you want to do?! :)Please give me more info . Steve

I'm working on a table " Knock Out" Gottlieb 1950. I could use the Bumper T4 (2). However I would not have the opportunity to apply a marbled texture on the skirt. I can not use "PowerBumper." The Repulsor is not like the original. I tried to create a new Repulsor in 3D. It worked, but always with the problem "not collidable with ball".

Thank for all.

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:12 pm 

your repulsor will only be an animation of a repulsor, that's as far as you can go with FP.

but now that you mention the table you are trying to emulate, I would say that to achieve that effect, I would personally just put a fake skirt OVER the actual skirt.

I can help if you want

Steve

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:55 am 

Steve wrote:
....................... I would say that to achieve that effect, I would personally just put a fake skirt OVER the actual skirt. I can help if you want .Steve

I had made ​​a false skirt above the original. It solved the problem of being able to put a texture on the skirt. But I wanted to solve this problem : as in reality ,the skirt has to move down to about 3mm . I will do further testing.
I could not understand your Repulsor in your "PowerBumper". He does not go through the ball and you did not put any "collision shapes" in FPM. Is not it?

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:31 am 

I have examined carefully your "PowerBumper". I thought the "Emkicker" did move your "Repulsor" by pressing on the little more ring by moving the great to hit the ball (with a slingshot effect). The real Repulsor is the Emkicker while I do not understand what it's the utility of your Repulsor, which passes through the ball (object.collidable = false). If eliminate it ,"PowerBumper" works the same. I missed something?

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:56 pm 

My understanding is that the FP engine doesn't allow moving objects to interact with the ball. The "repulsor" is only there to make it look realistic while kickers are what make the ball move away from the bumper.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:47 am 

Pinbotic wrote:
My understanding is that the FP engine doesn't allow moving objects to interact with the ball. The "repulsor" is only there to make it look realistic while kickers are what make the ball move away from the bumper.

Thank you Pinbotic , was what I thought too. I just wanted a confirmation. I'll show you how I solved my problems. Illuminated both the "Cap" and the "Base"of bumper(separately). I have the mobile skirt and the repulsor new and can be applied on them texture . In a few days I will publish my "Personal Bumper". Bye

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:04 am 

I am looking forward to seeing what you came up with. Thanks for the work you have done.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:06 pm 

Pinbotic wrote:
I am looking forward to seeing what you came up with. Thanks for the work you have done.

Here's how I solved the problem:
1 - use the "Bumper" standard but with a "BaseT1" reduced
2 - applied over a "baseT1" saved as "Bulb".
So I can control the colors separately to illuminate the "Cap " and "Base "
3 - Fake "Repulsor" that can be redrawn and that takes the texture
4 - "Skirt" 3mm down to the contact of the ball. He also accepts the texture.
I have attached the file "Mobile_Skirt.fpt" so you can see the operation. This is the "Bumper" that will use 'for the table I'm working on "Knock Out " Gottlieb 1950. I do not know yet if I will finish my project....... :D

http://www.leorato.it/Pinball/Mobile_Skirt.zip

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models