Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models

Post subject: FPM Editor 1.03 Idea that id like the soft have
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:32 am 

Hi there i have a great and fantastic idea for the software FPM Editor v1.02!

I wonder if it is possible, that the creators create a new version as FPM Editor v1.03

In the option list the creator of the software add "Overlay" and "Hud Overlay"; in the list options as "Bumper/DropTarget/Flippers/Ornament/etc".

Overlay is know to have the possibility to have an "images list". Now suppose that a Futurepinball creator, create a "Floor Room" like for the table (Creature Black Lagoon). The floor of the table room could be some water, but since it is some "images list", the water images could change; like if the water make some (water-waves).

Or the roof of the table room, could be some overlay (ms3d rectangle example) that are simply some "Stars" that look like blinking; since of the (images list). So when the player look the roof of the game room, the player see's some blinking stars.

Also the ms3d model file could be like some rectangle that is vertical as a wall, put into FPM Editor v1.03 and say it's a FPM Model of the type of "Overlay"; and the player/programmer make the game wall room changes (images list).

The player could even program some timer like (date/time). When it is winter (december) the game room look could be some trees with some snow, when it is like (january) it show the "overlay image list" that tell (happy new year); it could even be in the month of "valentine day's" and show the floor-roof-wall's with some hearts.

Yup it would be fantastic if FPM Editor could have the option "Overlay & Hud Overlay", that the player could make change as wanted. I'm sure there would be some big boost interrest in the FPM Model Editor version 1.03, and at the same time raise the visits.

It could make Game Room Creators/Designers create new styles.

I wonder what peoples think of this idea?

A+

Post subject: Re: FPM Editor 1.03 Idea that id like the soft have
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:45 pm 

This sounds like a good idea to me.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:03 pm 

Interesting idea
Bam probably can already do this....
You can create a huge overlay in FP editor and then select as miniplayfield
And move to floor or ceiling....

I already used the technique in jaws
To grab the video overlay and move to a tv

A couple days ago , I also in boxed
Steve about creating a 4 walled plus roof and ceiling fpm plus a texture template for vr rooms

No response yet...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 am 

I just tested this
You can create a huge surface and assign a texture to it

Then in BAM you can scale it and move to floor or scale it and flip it upside downand move to ceiling

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 am 

You can make a huge hologram for video applications

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 am 

I just chose two random textures for ceiling and floor, just to show that it can be done....don't worry I am not planning on using them..... :lol:

This creates all sort of possibilities !!
With
Code:
MySurface.Render = FALSE

you can change "ceilings" and "floors" with game events. So in jaws, I am planning on change from clear blue sky to a stormy sky.....

I haven't played with holograms yet, but to project a moving sky image on ceiling, you can make the ceiling surface blank to act as a screen to project on the hologram on.
A floor Hologram won't work well, as the hologram projects over top of all objects...

We can make a resource table containing prefab models and surfaces and a list of texture choices to simply copy and paste into any table....and as long as you copy to same locatation...you can just copy and paste the "miniplayfield" parameters from the script...

Last edited by Gimli on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:54 am 

It's sad that i dont see the video. Id like that you please make a step by step video, that could show my self how to change the room "image list". Thank's!

The options i have in FPM editor model is:
Unknown
Peg
Flipper
Bumper base
Bumper cap
Target
Drop Target
Plunger
Ornament
Kicker
Lane Guide
Rubber
Trigger
Flasher
Bulb
Gate
Spinner
Toy
Diverter
Autoplunger
Popup
Rampmodel
RampWireEnder
Spinning Disk
Em Kicker
TriggerOpto

I think you have the same version, but i mention it so that you know what i mean that it would be great if was added in the options list:
Overlay
Hud Overlay

A+

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:44 pm 

Quote:
It's sad that i dont see the video. Id like that you please make a step by step video, that could show my self how to change the room "image list". Thank's!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0gfufysgpsg7 ... e.fpt?dl=0

Here's a demo template.
But you must use a recent version of BAM , otherwise it will crash....

Not perfect, but you should get the idea.

The demo has the following:

1.Six overlays (Front, Back, Left , Right, Ceiling, Floor)

2. A Floor Model Toy (probably not necessary, but I move room objects below floor and back to hide them and I needed a floor model to conceal them)

3.Using FPM Editor, I took Tomasaco's models that he had assigned as "Pegs" and I assigned them as toys. Once models are designated as "Toys", then you can
use the Future Pinball scripting for moving models around (See manual Tx, Ty, Tz....)

4. Using BAM miniplayfield tool, I grabbed each overlay , and assigned them as "miniplayfield's" using BAM automatic Copy and Pasting technique for the script
I renamed them ( example "miniplayfield_Floor")

5.Once assigned as "miniplayfield", you can use BAM on the fly menu to move walls where you want and use BAM automatic Copy and Pasting tecchnique for the script "moveto" commands.

Code:
'Left Wall Overlay
Dim MiniPlayField_Left        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_Left        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -2500,    2500,    -200,    2500,     500,     555,       0,       0,       0)
Call MiniPlayField_Left.MoveTo(  -3800, 1132.99, 1857.39,     -90,      90,       0,    1.27,       0)

'Right Wall Overlay
Dim MiniPlayField_Right        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_Right        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -2500,    2500,    -200,    2500,     580,     620,       0,       0,       0)
'                              DstX     DstY     DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
Call MiniPlayField_Right.MoveTo(3554.21,  2201.4,    1972,     -90,   -88.6,    -0.8,    1.35,       0)

'Front Wall Overlay
Dim MiniPlayField_Front        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_Front        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -2500,    1400,   -1000,    2000,     400,     450,       0,       0,       0)
'                              DstX     DstY     DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
Call MiniPlayField_Front.MoveTo(  424.4, -1325.023, 1915.815,     -90,       0,       0,    1.87,       0)

'Back Wall Overlay
Dim MiniPlayField_Back        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_Back        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -2500,    1400,    -101,    1726,     640,     660,       0,       0,       0)
Call MiniPlayField_Back.MoveTo(-1220.22, 5167.48, 2375.989,     -90,     180,       0,    2.02,       0)

'Ceiling Overlay
Dim MiniPlayField_Ceiling       '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_Ceiling       = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -1409,    1600,  -101.8, 1726.594,     680,     710,       0,       0,       0)'                             DstX     DstY     DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
Call MiniPlayField_Ceiling.MoveTo(-687.17, 3541.435, 3762.95,    -180,       0,       0,    2.48,       0)

'Floor Overlay
Dim MiniPlayField_Floor       '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_Floor       = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(-1409.198,    1600,  -101.8, 1726.594, 282.999,     400,     2.6,       0,       0)
Call MiniPlayField_Floor.MoveTo(-779.587, -645.399, -1623.99,       0,       0,       0,    2.62,       0)

6.Create an image list ( for example "image list1"), add all you room images to the list.

7.Assign imagelist1 to all the wall overlays

6.Using standard overlay commands for future pinball , you can now change every wall
as a simple command ( CeilingOverlay Frame 2 , FloorOverlay Frame 3 etc...)

I created a routine for three different rooms

Code:
Sub Room1() 'Void so Default Arcade Room Will work
      FrontOverlay.Frame (5)
      RightSideOverlay.Frame (5)
      LeftSideOverlay.Frame (5)
      BackOverlay.Frame (7)
      FloorOverlay.Frame (5)
      CeilingOverlay.Frame (5)

'Move all the Stuff Out
      DoorToy.Ty = -3600
      DoorToy2.Ty = -3600
      PictureToy.Ty = -3600
      PictureToy2.Ty = -3600
      PictureToy3.Ty = -3600
      PictureToy4.Ty = -3600
      PictureToy5.Ty = -3600
      PoolTableToy.Ty = -1000
      DoorHandleToy1.Ty = -3600
      DoorHandleToy2.Ty = -3600
      SwitchToy1.Ty = -3600
      SwitchToy2.Ty = -1000

End Sub

Sub Room2() 'Blue Games Room
      StandardRoomEquip()
      FrontOverlay.Frame (1)
      RightSideOverlay.Frame (1)
      LeftSideOverlay.Frame (1)
      BackOverlay.Frame (1)
      FloorOverlay.Frame (2)
      CeilingOverlay.Frame (1)
End Sub

Sub Room3() 'Red Games Room
      FrontOverlay.Frame (3)
      RightSideOverlay.Frame (3)
      LeftSideOverlay.Frame (3)
      BackOverlay.Frame (3)
      FloorOverlay.Frame (4)
      CeilingOverlay.Frame (3)
      StandardRoomEquip()

End Sub

Sub StandardRoomEquip()
'Bring all the stuff back
DoorToy.Ty = 600
DoorToy2.Ty = 600
PictureToy.Ty = 500
PictureToy2.Ty = 500
PictureToy3.Ty = 500
PictureToy4.Ty = 500
PictureToy5.Ty = 500
PoolTableToy.Ty = 100
DoorHandleToy1.Ty = 300
DoorHandleToy2.Ty = 300
SwitchToy1.Ty = 300
SwitchToy2.Ty = 100

End Sub

Room1
moves all of the toys out of the room, and using black walls for everything except back
wall (the back wall has an image that matches the standard FP arcade room)
This allows people to simply use the arcade room if they don't like the others

Room2
moves all the toys back
blue wall, light floor

Room3
moves all the toys back
Red wall paper, dark floor

I coded "B" on the keyboard as a cheat key for toggling between rooms.

Using this technique, you can easily create an room you want very quickly,
by just adding more images to the imagelist1.

You can even add video frames to the imagelist and project a video on any of the walls...

I hope this helps...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:36 pm 

No i dont have BAM, and i dont want to use it.

But your idea of moving some Toy model is good. I wonder if creating some wall, like ive did in Black Lagoon and make them some toys; if it would work and be shown and can be shown outside of the table with texture??

From time to time i'm on an other Futurepinball table project. It dont have much many objectifs into it. It only have 9 boss stages (8 stages to do for doing the stage 9), ive only programmed 3 boss stages for now. But what is special is that the playfield look change, and i have not seen some FP table playfield change at some moments or events. I dont want to speak too much about it here; by respect that the subject here is about the FPM editor.

So i prefere giving the link:
http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6316

A+

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:19 am 

Good thing I didnt bother with a step by step video of something you dont want use :)

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models