Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models

Post subject: SQUARE BUMPER PROJECT
 Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:42 pm 

20degree is trying to help me make this square bumper. usually found on Playmatic tables. i just seen it on BIG TOWN.. in vp forums as well. i looked at how the other bumper models are made and underneath they are hollow.. this makes texture wrap work easier.
i think the one 20degree sent me is good but doesnt need bottom part because bottom part is connected to skirt. as shown in photo. and the texture wont work.. i had this problem myself.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: SQUARE BUMPER PROJECT
 Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:06 pm 

can I try, I think a little more work can be put into it :)

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:32 pm 

sure Happy Cab. you can try. here is a square type texture.. that i used.

and the 3d model. i have made.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yu07o ... sion+1.rar

here is the 20degree model link he sent me

http://www.filedropper.com/madmaxbumpercapsyfa

8-) it's an odd bumper.. i know.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:28 pm 

ok 20degrees. now the texture worked.. just fine.. but the bumper is still round like a pancake.. you don't need to hurry i will check back later.. :| i know its not going to be easy.. it took me hours to get it but mine looks too fat. and when i make it more skinny the texture doesnt want to work.. :cry: we will get it..

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:42 pm 

ok, cool.. :) much thanks. i will use it.. much better and cleaner than the one i made.
and its SQUARE.. :P hurray.. i will use it for ZIRA.. then when i update Mad Race i will use it again.. i will include you in helping.. i should write "syfa" or twentydegrees

here is picture of bumper.

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 pm 

Here is the result :
Attachment:
Untitled-2.jpg

And here is the table :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtFAm ... sp=sharing

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:37 am 

Great work Happycab! They look amazing!

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:06 am 

I'm glad to have created to your self pinballfun4uz the squared bumper cap. It have not taken me too much time to create it. This by looking the url you have pm me : http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3445&picno=12795&zoom=1. I have put the bumper cap much like the size of the bumpercap-t1.

I also have made the cap as exact polygones from each sides by its center of gravity (cog). I have made it also not much polygones, because i think of peoples with not so much fast computer for the loading. I have also have think about it's center point and the zone that the ball cant pass trough. Have think also about it's light.

My old 3d model i have designed to you pinballfun4uz, yes it was more round. But the thing i have forgotten is to RayTrace it and UV map it. So peoples can put a texture over. Believe it or not yesterday, i have tryed to know why the texture dont apply on the square bumper cap i created. That's when i realize that my 3d model i created, that i must also do on them some Raytracing and UV mapping. That's why on the previous model, the texture could not be put on. An other thing i have learned by my self.

If peoples want to take a look it is on the web "temporary" at: http://www.filedropper.com/madracesquarebumpercapsyfa

That's great to be more experienced. So creating some new 3d model, i could understand more how to create also my own textures to put on. If you put the Mad Race pinball, you could add me as one of the authors. A+

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:04 pm 

wow.. HappyCab.. you're bumper is super good too.. they are both keepers.. i will put them in the game and give both of you credits for the help..

Good part is now if we find more games that require the square bumper.. it has been modeled.
Thanks again.

FYI-- I included both bumpers in both MadRace/and Zira. both bumpers are good because i actually used Syfa's bumper in ZIRA.. because it is slightly smaller and fits the game much better. and i used HappyCab's bumper in Mad race.. because mad race had a much more open area... but both alternate bumpers are in the game. and credits will be given. So it worked out very well. ------ scripting is not done yet.. maybe in a few days.

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models