... and here is my try to make room model clean:www.ravarcade.pl/beta/room-demo.zip
Inside is latest bam-beta.
You need to copy bam.dll and newrenderer.dll to bam dir.
demo table: gameroom toyNew_rav.fpt
I put here also FPM models and milkshape models.
Here is list what i did:
First, I want to make models room to have 100 units radius. 100 units in model = 100 mm in FP world = 0.1 m radius.
- i scaled it to make it 100 unit radius
- move it to y = 0 (x and z axis are alredy center).
- i scaled it to make inner part of wall 100 units radius.
- wall is exacly 66.439926 unit tall. FP have wird way to postion objects. I have to make it "centered" on Y axis. This way, when you put it on table it will be ecacly 66.44 mm tall above playfield.
- again, i scaled it to make it 100 units radius
- i move it on Y axis to make external edge on Y = 33.219963. This way FP postion it exacly 66.44 mm above.
All above i did to get this:
I put all models on same coords: X=700, Y=500, Offset = 0
It is little bit outside table on right side. Inner part of this "mini-room" have radius = 100 mm, is 66.44 mm tall and at coords x=700, y=500, z=0 is exacly center of mini-room floor.
1. First i set center of source box to center of floor of mini-room: x=700, y=500, z=0
2. MinX=700-130, MaxX=700+130, MinY=500-130, MaxY=500+130, MinZ = 0, MaxZ=70,
As you can see all is set based on model dimensions.
From my work on VR support i know, that floor of FP room is exacly 950 mm under playfield.
Demo-table dimension are 516 x 1068. So i set targe box postition on FP game room floor under playfield center:
X = 512/2, Y=1068/2, Z=-950.
I want to be at center of room with room radius = 5m (5000mm). So i set scale = 50.0. Room is 3.3m tall and is ~10m diameter. Table is at exacly center of room.
That's all math.
With that setting you can change room radius only by changing scale. Floor will be alway in place.
Right now FP have ~8m view distance. If you set room scale above 70 parts of room may be not visible (be black).
... and one more important thing.
You may run FP with enabled Game Room. In scipt i have added commands to disable FP game room.
PRESS R TO HIDE/SHOW FP GAME ROOMA.
This is new feature in BAM.
I hoop you have lerned how to setup center point of source and target box of mini-playfields.