Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » Tutorials, how-to's, bug report and docs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beginner tutorial by 20degree
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:58 pm 

Ramps, ok i'll try to figure out. The thing is that with the FPMeditor you can export models from FP and export them into Milkshape3D "ms3d" format. There is so many things to understand for ramps, well i'll try to do some experiments. But if it take too much time for me to understand, probably it could be in an other little pdf guide book about the subject.

Texturing in Milkshape3d is more easy. I know i have some basics knowledges about texturing into Milkshape3d. I have helped to texturize the model Fatso "Fat Guy Model" wich is into the center of the table: http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-10312-barb_wire, ive also created some squared top bumber and have give some texture infos to the model to be texturized as: http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-10266-zira. So i can say i have some knowledges, but not expert knowledges about texturing into milkshape.

Texturing is a thing that is truly important, that's why it is a must to know and must to put into my next pdf guide.

Thank's for the suggestions, because it help me to know what subjects; you guy's would like into the pages.

A+

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:42 pm 

Just letting peoples know that i have little time for my 6th book about the Milkshape3d, but i can say so far it have more then 10 pages. So far it explain the different view-scenes, how to (rotate/zoom/shift) into your a scene. Briefly it is important to know how to move your views, to have a better looks at your 3D models.

There is many things to learn, but i dont think i'm gonna talk about the "Keyframer"; wich is some time line to make some animations. Also dont think gonna write about the tab option called "Joints", wich i believe is used to setup some (Joints and Bones) for creating some caracteres.

Yup there is so much to learn, so much youtube videos and things to read on the web for the Milkshape3D software. But dont worry i will make it very simple with some images into the pages and details explications. So it should be just fine. A+

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 pm 

Just wanting to let peoples know, that i'm still learning Milkshape3D to create an other free pdf guide. I dont have much time, but i'm still on it. I have writen a page that tell how to create a simple flat triangle in this soft. The button writen "Vertex" make the user when clicking on one of the scene, it create a dot. Clicking 3 times make 3 dots, and to relate the dots, you simply click on the button "Face" then you click on a dot or very near the dot's you want to link together.

I have much to learn, because i want to make peoples know how to use the basics in this soft, create some 3D model, texturize the model, export to FpmEditor for FP; also import FP model to Milkshape3D. Some peoples have told me why teach also import FP model? Simply because it could help creators make some deductions of some 3D models into FP. Like if you would like to create your own flippers, or light, etc.

Once again i give my thank's to all peoples help trough time.

A+

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:46 pm 

When you are done, let me know and I will provide a link to it on my Help for new Users guide.

George

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:11 am 

20degree,

Thanks for your tutorials to date - some great info... and definitely looking forward to this release.

No doubt there will be lots to learn :?

Gin

End of Line...

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:17 pm 

You are right, there is a lot to learn. Also with my ways of life: work, groceries, pay bills; i still try to learn read things and see videos about Milkshape3D. I have learned how to move some Vertex Point. They might be many ways to do things, but at leass i try to experiment them; because it is important for my self that it work for the peoples also. I have the Milkshape3d version 1.8.2 and i think that more recent versions; that it should work also.

I must learn how to move some edge of a face. How to create some point in the middle of an edge. How to glue together some faces to make some 3d model. How to know what is the front of the face and the back of a face. How to split, mirror, reverse, rotate some face. Yup there is many things i must learn and must try; to be sure it should work with yourself also.

I'm not very advanced, but as always i will put a lot of images, with step by step informations; also like in my previous guide explain things that will be easy for all to understand. Well at leass i'll try! Already there is more then 20 pages at the time beiing, and ive not put much into. If some peoples could give me good legal url links about Milkshape3d so i could try to experiment fiew teaching i would appreciate.

A+

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:35 pm 

Just letting peoples know that the free pdf guide about modeling in Milkshape3D is still continuing. I have made more then 40 pages at this time.I wanted also to explain in the same book from Milkshape3D to FPMeditor and from FPMeditor to Milkshape3D; but because of the things i wanted to tell i have think it could put the file size more then 5mb. So it will only be about some basics with Milkshape3D.

So this book will explain basic modeling things with Milkshape3D as creating some triangle from 3 vertex points, making some basic forms by connecting multiple faces. How to mirror some face. how to scale/rotate/move some vertex points or edge or face. How to zoom in one of the scene. How to drag the scene. How to select some vertex point or select an edge or face. How to divide some edge to create some vertex point and edge. How to know what is the front and background face. How to texturize your 3D model. How to personalize some colors of Milkshape3D. What are the integrated already made 3D models in Milkshape3D. How to put some vertex points as one, and more.

As you see there is many things that are basic things. Also i'm not an expert, but i must also experiment by my self the pages i wrote. Just to try my best to be sure that you'll understand things and try the things in the pages that i wrote. I dont want that the reader get lost trough the pages, trying my self the things i wrote; i think it's a good idea. I'll try to make it easy to learn, to memorize and fun for all.

A+

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 pm 

If you would like, I can check the grammar before you post it.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:19 am 

Here is the free pdf guide but "Unfinished" and under construction. I'm not an expert with Milkshape3D. Also most of the things ive put into, ive tryed my self just to be sure if it is easy to follow; well i think it is and should be.

The chapters "How To" has not been done as in my previous. There is the part of "Extruding" that i must learn. I dont know if it is possible to cut into some 3d model with an other 3d model, like in the software Blender with the option "Boolean Difference" as told in one of my previous book. Like i say it is under construction.

It's not a book about doing some animations, or doing some game caracters (bones, joints, body, cloth, textures) and others. So if you think that it explain advanced things, then you will be disapointed.

The thing i think is that it should be simple to help you do some basics in modeling with Milkshape3D. There is many things in Milkshape3D i dont know much of them. I prefer to tell you, to be honest with you guy's. I encourage peoples to just do there own experiments also trough the pages. You might discover to do things with this software that i dont know; and that could maybe help me for an other book.

I have put some url into the guide to a zip file where ive created some 3d rectangle with a texture, that you can download; see and try with Milkshape3D in my section about texturing some 3D model with Milkshape3D. Maybe i'll think also to simply put a url link to some ms3d file that is a sphere the size of the ball in Futurepinball as in one of my previous guide.

Here is the "Temporary" url link to the free pdf demo guide about Milkshape3D. It have more then 40 pages.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60m6W-FuLPHemdCdERnRnFtcFU/view?usp=sharing

I know some of you have told me, to not give my thank's so much. But for me it's important! If it was not from you guy's that have helped me to understand how to do things with FP i would not been able to create my own FP Tables as the one on Pinsimdb called "Faxanadu". Also thank's to the peoples that administrate Pinsimdb.org, Gopinball.com, Chris from Futurepinball.com, Ton from Blender.org, Mete from Milkshape3D and others; i could not create these guides.

There is an other software that have the programming language LUA, that help you create some Zelda a Link to the Past SNES style games; that ive think also to build a book about it and the author have giving me the authorizations to do. But i'm not an expert and still a beginner with this other software.

So many thank's to all of you guy's. Remember this guide is still under construction, but even so you should be able with it to do fiew basic and fun things with Milkshape3D.

A+

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:55 pm 

I'm curious of the comments of this under construction Milkshape3D pdf guide for the readers here? It's important for my self to know, because i care for the readers.

A+

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Resources » Tutorials, how-to's, bug report and docs