Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » Tutorials, how-to's, bug report and docs

Post subject: Cant see previews of objects in FP Editor
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 pm 

Trying my hand at creating a table for the first time. I've read the manual as well as the PC Games article, but still looking for more tutorials.

One question, I cant seem to see the preview of the Peg or any object I select on the right window. Is this a setting that I am missing? I've been loading the table each time to see the actual object, and ideally I would want to edit the table with more of a WYSIWYG feel, rather than loading it up every time I make a small change. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Cant see previews of objects in FP Editor
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 am 

I'm also working on my first table... Are you talking about the preview panel of the object...you're not seeing the image of the object there? I don't remember doing anything special to make that work. Have you played a couple tables because that would at least confirm you've got all the video settings configured well enough to play a table. Are you using a PC that plays video games like a champ or barely gets by? You want plenty of RAM and video memory. You should see the preview of the object but it's still not going to be a WYSIWYG feel to creating the table. You will always be looking at a 2D representation and you should get used to deciding which objects you will place in each layer because you will end up with objects above other objects that prevent you from selecting them unless you disable the top layer. Unless theres another trick I don't know about. I can't count how many times I've loaded my table to test out each change. But that's because I like to confirm things along the way.

Good luck,
Gil

Post subject: Re: Cant see previews of objects in FP Editor
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:21 pm 

I had the LoadTablesInEditor unchecked, and after checking it, and restarting FP, I can now see the previews in my thumbnails. Thanks!

Board index » Resources » Tutorials, how-to's, bug report and docs