Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Bash
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:18 pm 

I had a lot of trouble with Frankie's ramp. I couldn't really figure out what to do with it. I experimented with the kickers and make it slightly better. The ramps are pretty steep on this table which makes them difficult. I think the left ramp is not so steep which makes it work better.

I noticed the double flippers when I adjusted the flipper angles. I have never been a big fan of double flippers, so removing them is OK with me.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 pm 

I agree I left your Franky kickers and had them trigger Franky mode to start as the ramp trigger itself didn't always work

The double flippers apear identical in size,shape and material and both are visible which defeats the concept I think

The right ramp trigger was assigned to a surface that I couldn't find so I assigned another that seems more reliable at 43-46 mm

I find flipper accuracy quite good from a caught ball, but less so when ball is moving fast (so a code that adjust flipper omega based on ball speed may improve things?)

I am asking Rav about this....it seems doable as Bam has ball tracking and I believe Smoke's code adjusts ball sounds based on velocity....and there is already Bam scripting for individual flipper mass and omega...

So instead of adjusting sounds we are adjusting flipper dynamics

This is what a batter in baseball does instinctively, he increases his bat speed on a fastball...who knows maybe this is the magical fudge factor to improve FP physics?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:35 pm 

There is all that stuff on BAM for the flippers tweaks. Honestly, I never understood it. It charts time vs percent but I'm not sure why.

I remember that Rav told me that the FP parameter for strength adjusts the omega if that helps.

George

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:45 am 

Yes exactly !
But the graphs are perhaps too technical.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:47 am 

There is a flipper adjust tool however that is real cool. See video below. It automatically launches ball and activates flippers at different times

Last edited by Gimli on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 am 

You can set a position and velocity of the ball and run tests with different flipper settings and see the results
What I am proposing, is to
take this info and use Bam ball tracking to assign your chosen values dynamically during play
viewtopic.php?nomobile=0f=55&t=6587&p=85810#p85810

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 am 

I dont remember exactly, but I think this looks better than everything I have seen on FP! If this means that this thing makes it possible to simulate "natural" flipper physics, there should be a standard setting that could be implemented into every FP table ever made. So people just have to fine tune it for the tables requirements. Is that possible?

Oh, I think I got it now. You used different values for each shot, right? Is it possible to use different values for different positions? If so, I think we got it. We just have to check then, if the physics are still correct when a moving ball gets hit. Shouldnt be too hard then, to create a "mask" and implement it into other tables.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:27 am 

blindpeser wrote:
Oh, I think I got it now. You used different values for each shot, right? .

In the video above,
1. For the ball: I set position , velocity and angle
2.For the flipper: I set Omega, and Mass

and then you click "Run test" and Bam demonstrates the rest.
Taking a series of shots with tracers, where the flippers are activated at different times.

Quote:
Is it possible to use different values for different positions? If so, I think we got it. We just have to check then, if the physics are still correct when a moving ball gets hit.

In the flipper test tool that is exactly what you do. You can play with all the values.
Position , velocity, of ball trajectory....

Quote:
Shouldnt be too hard then, to create a "mask" and implement it into other tables

Right. The trick is to assign your preferred flipper values in the code to certain aspects of ball physics using BAM ball tracking code.

The Tool above gives you all the values, you just need to link them to real time ball movement

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:52 am 

Also, as you may know, BAM will generate the code for you if you press Control -C under you flippers settings

Code:
Dim RightFlipperExt
   Set RightFlipperExt     = xBAM.Flipper("RightFlipper")
   Dim LeftFlipperExt
   Set LeftFlipperExt     = xBAM.Flipper("LeftFlipper")

RightFlipperExt.Mass    =      20000
   RightFlipperExt.Omega   =        100
   LeftFlipperExt.Mass    =      20000
   LeftFlipperExt.Omega   =        100

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:33 pm 

It seems to consistently hit the same spot. If it were possible to not draw the red line, we might be able to use this for the phantom flippers. I'm not sure.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 63  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP