Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Bash
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:43 pm 

I don't know anything about the new camera mode. What would I do?

George

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:45 pm 

1. I can come up with a script template that has say 10 camera angles/zooms that we can use as stock for the tutorial
2.I can come up with a pulsating arrow either some sort of arrow shaped light or arrow hologram
(I think Wild would likely know what we could use)
3.The arrow, I can grab and move anywhere we want to point to (using miniplayfield tool)
4.Then we can use a library of text frames placed in an overlay for the tutorial
5.We can use the cheat shortcuts already in place to temporarily enable the mode for illustration
(ie Bring dracula or Frankenstein out, show the mode lights etc...)

Then it is just a matter of integrating this all into a tutorial script.
The pinball arcade tutorial is very concise and we can likely reword the content so as not to plagiarize...although I don't think the rules themselves are "copy written"

In the Cadash Table, I developed a low tech , Manual that is accessed through the menu...
on this table using camera angles, mode demos with music and a cool pointer...I think the result would be much better

Last edited by Gimli on Tue May 08, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm 

It would be interesting. I'm not sure how much it would be used but then I don't know how much the rulesheets I created for other tables are used. This might be used more than a written guide. We wouldn't necessarily need to make it the same as Pinball Arcade's. This guide provides quite a bit of detail and has quite a bit of scoring:

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4441/MOSTERB.HTM

George

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:58 pm 

Ya it is something to think about.
It likely won't be used much, but it may be worth exploring from an R&D perspective.

I won't let it hold up the other work....we can add it later

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:02 pm 

I thought I would post an update to let people know I am still working on this table:
No video or download update yet.

I have tweaked so much that, I am sure to find many bugs that need ironing out and it is too early to have people test.

1.Cleaned up script
2.Organized script for Flug to understand where to start with Multiplayer Mod
3. Worked extensively on scoring. Most of the scoring was correct at base level, but needed adjustments based on stage of play and bonus multipliers etc..

'May 12, 2018
'Tweaked Ball and Chain Mode according to rules. left/right ramp shots score 500,000 + (MicrophonesObtained x 100,000), once all hits accomplished, the mode continues and
'timer can be reset (max of 3 times) by hitting center loop and scoring Triples (500,000 + (MicrophonesObtained x 100,000)) x 3
'During Ball and Chain Mode, Scoring doubles on one ramp for each hit after 3 hits , prior to 3 hits on opposide side.(500,000 + (MicrophonesObtained x 100,000)) x 2

'Tweaked Creature Feature Mode according to rules. Score counts down from 1 M and stops with first flashing ramp or loop or pond hit. You are awarded that value
'and that value becomes the base award for subsequent hits achieved toward completing the mode. A 20 second timer is active and is reset with each hit.

'Tweaked instrument mode. After you achieve an instrument, then instrument mode is active for the remainder of that ball and instrument bonus points will be
'awarded when you hit one of the illuminated loops or ramps. Hitting the centre loop relites these targets, as does achieving another instrument. The DMD will show the most
'recent instrument obtained even though more than one instrument award may be active at the same time.

'Tweaked Franky Multiball Score according to rules. Franky Hits for Super JackPot Scores ((1 M + (250,000 x KeyboardsObtained)), Double Super Jackpot Scores ((1 M + (250,000 x KeyboardsObtained)) x 2
'Triple Super Jackpot Score ((1 M + (250,000 x KeyboardsObtained)) X 3, All other ramp and loop hits during mode score ((400,000 + (50,000 x KeyboardsObtained))

'Tweaked Drac Attack Score. Spelling D-R-A-C-U-L-A each letter scores 10010 points. During Drac Attack 1st hit gives 1M and subsequent hit gives 1 M + bonus 250 k , that increases with each hit by 250 k

'Tweaked Monster Bash Scoring . Each bashed monsters gives 2 M. His Mosh Pit Lane scores BashJackPot of 2 M + 500 k x monsters bashed to max of 7.5 M. Reset eachtime all monsters hit

'Tweaked Monsters of Rock Scoring. Added Instrument Award when mode starts 5 M x number of each instrument obtained
'Also you receive 25 M x number of complete instrument sets.
'A rediculous megabonus of 50 M is recieved if you enter Monster of Rock and your first Monster Bash at the same time. Also when you reach Monsters of Rock more than once in a game.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:27 am 

I hope to make Monster Bash available this week , so Flug can work on multiplayer version and so the team can test it....

I am certain there will be some glitches and ball handling issues remaining, but it is close enough for now.

My laptop hard drive crashed , but fortunately I had my work backed -up , so I am working on it on desktop computer which is less accessible....

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:57 pm 

Flug appears to be taking a break. I sent him a PM a couple of weeks ago and not gotten a response. ...So there is no big rush. It seems no one except us is available this time of year. Hopefully everyone will return in the fall.

Great progress! I can test it when you are ready.

George

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:32 pm 

@ Gimli

Hope that your 'crash' didn't loose too much; thank goodness for back-ups ;-)

Also - like George... I'm really looking forward to testing it out too.

:) Thanks for all your hard work... much appreciated :!:

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am 

Thanks Team,
I played it for a couple hours last night and continue to tweak. But it is getting close.

Gin,
if possible the one font that is very dim (that was already ported into the table previously) is the
"extraball" dmdf ... the one with the disco ball that falls to the ground.

If you can brighten this that would be awesome.

I just added the Tilt warning feature that I saw on one of the videos.

There are some DMDf conflict issues still but it's getting better. It can be a bit confusing when multiple modes become active at once

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:17 pm 

Gimli,

As requested (of sorts)...

I have extracted another version for the "Extra Ball" dmdf, as the previously included one did not really allow for it to maintain quality; perse, and be brightened (in my opinion).

However, the newly extracted version required to be split into three parts - as opposed to one dmdf of the original version (which may have contributed to the quality/brightness issues..?), and will undoubtedly require additional coding when/if used (sorry).

Therefore, please use the following link to download the revised dmdf fonts:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xx7o4n

Gin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP