Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post subject: DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 Death Star Mod
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:21 pm 

https://youtu.be/sJ1esIy9LZU

This is a mod I am working on for my own enjoyment but will likely post eventually.
I am going away for 2 weeks, so I thought I would post my progress.

Terry, I think you also updated Slam version1.03 with an enhanced attractmode ?
If possible I would like to use your additions.

This mod encompasses 3 fun additions that I think are really cool:

1. Wild's XWing and Death Star animation. He added an XWing and a DS model and I annimated it with BAM MP

2. Retractable light sabers to add to the realism also using BAM MP

3. A very cool BB8 ball ( This was DJ lunchboxes idea) BB8 makes a very cool pinball.
I animated his head to track based on ball trajectoy using BAM MP and BAM realtime physics ball tracking code...

The light saber glow is misplaced in some of the animations...it is a work in progress.
I used separate Mps for each sabers Hilt, blade and glow...so it is a task to unify them with each animation....

Post subject: Re: DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 Death Star Mod
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:43 am 

Surely this will be an amazing version.I had expressed my opinion for a future release, but I must also say that perhaps at slam, it is not interested in working on this version, because I have not received any response from him.

So....in conclusion,for me,you go on.Only one detail that I forgot, the bulb-red at the end of the stroke of the XWing that shoots, must be in "no render model",I think you know how.

happy holidays, and I hope that when you come back, you will give me excellent answers on that project that I asked you.

nice days and have fun.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:17 am 

wild wrote:
Surely this will be an amazing version.I had expressed my opinion for a future release, but I must also say that perhaps at slam, it is not interested in working on this version, because I have not received any response from him.

So....in conclusion,for me,you go on.Only one detail that I forgot, the bulb-red at the end of the stroke of the XWing that shoots, must be in "no render model",I think you know how.

happy holidays, and I hope that when you come back, you will give me excellent answers on that project that I asked you.

nice days and have fun.

Thanks Paolo,
I did look briefly at it...and it didn't seem to work properly on those objects...but I am sure Rav could help out when I return... ;)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:45 am 

why do you think it takes rav's help?

if the fins transform them into Mp, with a variable zip -on / off ..... and with the use of BAMs new "Miniplayfield's objects with Collisions"...I think the problem is solvable...right?

it is also true that many movements should be made, when the zip variable is off, the fins make the normal movement up-down, when it is on they close in zip.

do you think there are other problems? the fins in MP, with the new function, should be like normal fins .... right?

before each step, remember that I have to clean the table a bit, according to my vision,but if I don't have your collaboration, I don't do anything :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:23 am 

I looked better at the video, I saw that you have finalized the movement of the xwing, with the targets .... excellent, but I could give "and make" some suggestions for some improvements.

since it will be a "mod" and therefore not an updated version by the author.

regards

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:12 pm 

Cool stuff guys.

Gimli....here was my last update V3 that was added to SLAM latest release.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/star- ... ost-146433

– increased brightness of white saber blade light (when using lower post processing gamma settings it wasn’t bright enough)
– slightly adjusted angle / size / position of holograms for a better view of glow in all camera views (adjusted mini-playfield to match)
– updated lights (Lightsaber hilt, Kickback, outerlane left bulbs, Defense Bonus Lights) to change colour to match the Lightsaber colour change
– added user option in script to adjust the brightness of playfield insert lights and some bulbs (for GI on and GI off)
– added Vader Red Ring Light to Light Inserts Brightness option (makes hi voice-overs much more noticeable when GI is off)
– Added option for SLAMT1LT BAM Light Preset settings to be used automatically on table start.
– Added some amusing voice overs for the excellent TerryRed Saber mod special mention
– adjusted the attract sequence (GI on and off) for a more dramatic effect
...among other things.

https://youtu.be/MXMDJvSOhEg

For the Lightsabers... I was going to simply add an option to have the Lightsaber blade "bulbs" not rendered / hidden when they are off.... and then have them rendered / visible when they are on. They are supposed to turn on / off almost instantly... and I think this would give the best overall effect. As you noted... its very hard to get the sabers to look and move correctly using MP's for each piece.

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP