Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MEDIEVAL MADNESS Update
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm 

I would be really thankful for an updated cabinet version. Back in the days I had the cab version which I really liked as it had all the information on the backbox and not on the playfield. Somehow this version never got updated - I thought - so I switched to the "Gold" version of the table - whatever that was... I would love a cab version with true multiplayer. MM is one of my favourites :) Any chance there might be an MMX MM version with cab support anytime ?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 pm 

Returnee wrote:
I would be really thankful for an updated cabinet version. Back in the days I had the cab version which I really liked as it had all the information on the backbox and not on the playfield. Somehow this version never got updated - I thought - so I switched to the "Gold" version of the table - whatever that was... I would love a cab version with true multiplayer. MM is one of my favourites :) Any chance there might be an MMX MM version with cab support anytime ?

Hey there. I did complete a cabinet version this morning (morning my time). I'm trying to clean up my account on PinSim (I totally botched it originally) and will then upload both the desktop and cabinet versions. Hopefully you like it!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm 

Flug wrote:
DOH, nevermind. I believe I figured it out. Thanks!

Yeah, you have to add a new display of the non-HUD type, delete the old display and rename the new one with the same name as the old one. DMDs have to be done the same way. Too bad they don't work the same as overlays where all you have to do is put a check in a box.

George

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:02 pm 

Returnee wrote:

Returnee,

You should download the cab version of the table that I posted and then you can easily convert any version of the table. Just search the script for "Old script start". You will see the old script in green and then directly below it is the revised script that is located between the 2 notes "New script start" and "New script end". Then there is a second location in the script that says "Old script start" that works the same way. Just copy and overwrite the old script on any version.

Then you change the translite and check the option that says "Render onto Translite" on each of the overlays. Then as I said above, add a new segmented display of the non-HUD type, delete the old display and rename the new one with the same name as the old one.

George

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm 

I will upload both versions later tonight. I also implemented the single array stuff for the multiplayer (for those that care). The code is still about 40% smaller. Anyways, will upload asap (darn real life)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:38 pm 

I downloaded it. It plays nicely. Sometime, you might want to add a version to your posting that is the same as Slam's version 1.02 but with your multiplayer mod.

Would anyone else be interested in a version like this?

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:50 am 

George,

Yes - I would be interested in the multi-player mod version ;)

When (if) you get around to it...

Gin

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:47 am 

Gin wrote:
George,

Yes - I would be interested in the multi-player mod version ;)

When (if) you get around to it...

Gin

I was just making a suggestion. This is Flug's version of the table. I don't think I have enough knowledge of script to do it.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 am 

Hey George,
I will try to do that even tough I have to admit that my script competences are virtually none. And I have put some effort into it in the past. I am not lazy, it just doesn't open up to me as other stuff does in a more natural manner.
But I will take a look at it again and try to get along by trial and error.
Thanks for the tip!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 am 

I like all the fixes but the amount of multi is too much overkill for me, it makes the table less attractive to play when every ball practically gives you multiball if you hit something. I see how it is appealing to kids but on me it has the opposite effect so I'll stick with Slam's original. A version without the multiball changes & just the fixes would be perfect, call it v1.03 and an update and I'm game, otherwise it's too simple to play for my taste. Still a nice job though, just too casual for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP