Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Haunted House
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 am 

Boooooooo! :D Although I am behind my goal for AFM, I could not resist trying to get this kickstarted. I know some people have been asking for this and I absolutely love the design and artwork of this table - it takes me back to my childhood :D

This will be an retro table but a very complex one that I wanted to get the art stage going on. This will require lots of custom parts and a sunken reverse playfield or normal depending on physics limitations ;-) This might have to be a team effort.

I have: All Plastics, Upperplayfield (Attic), shots of lower playfield.

What needs work: The Main Stripped Playfield. There is scant resources for high rez photos of stripped playfields. I started patching, drawing, splicing together high rez pictures to create a good playfield. It has been quite promising so far which has gotten me excited for this.

If you have resources then I would welcome them. I would be glad to stop my playfield recreation efforts if someone has an awesome redraw or photos.
Also, sounds will be needed if anyone has rips of the games music and sound effects.

Lastly, please be patient. I am truly digging this hobby but life stuff has eaten up free time, so it will be slower than most people. Things should speed up though over the holidays though with a lot more time for this.

I hope people want to see this happen :)

PinBalt

Post subject: Re: Haunted House
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:25 am 

Sure thing!

Don't forget, this table need the Main PF to be higher to make sure the basment playfield work.When you have your PF artwork done to your taste, send it to me and I will do it to make sure the project is started correctly.

Steve

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 am 

Bring it on!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:34 am 

Ooooh you mean this one...

Excelent I love spooky tables :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:48 am 

Niiice!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 am 

Phantasm by Rickula is an awesome table that has a reverse inclined basement. You really should check it out. I remember being excited about it while it was in its WIP stages and it is hard to believe that it was all the way back in 2007.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:44 pm 

Thanks Pinbotic and I will. And Yes I meant Gottlieb's Haunted House ;-)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:03 pm 

omg a thousand times yes, best table ever!

Im sure youll do a good job on it (you better!) ;)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:31 am 

Great! :D
One of my most favorite tables!
Despite the age it is quite a challenge to build.

I have the Hounted House's older brother on my WIP list the "Black Hole". I put it on hold since I could not change the axis of flippers for the reverse inclined under-playfield. On the "phanthasm" table they just sink into the wood :( .
I also could not force FP make ball reflections against any thing else than the main playfield even thou according to the manual it should do it.

But, now I'm sure that Steve will rise to the challenge and come up with a creative solution
involving heavily mutated drop targets, em-kickers and whatever it takes to make it work ;) :D

So I looking forward to you project to play this great game and to "borrow" some solutions :)
Good Luck!

maual wrote:
Surface is a Playfield
If Enabled (Ticked ), then this surface can reflect the reflections of objects placed on it. This option should be used sparingly as it consumes a lot of processor time on the video card. Objects can only reflect off surfaces which have this flag set. It is also important to note that some objects (such as kickers) can only be attached to "playfield" surfaces. Generally you should set this property for surfaces which the ball will roll on in normal game play.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 am 

Quote:
I put it on hold since I could not change the axis of flippers for the reverse inclined under-playfield

This no chalenge at all and quite easy to accomplish. I just can't spare time right now for toys if people just "pitch" for the idea and it doesnt come to fruition. If I see any of these tables in the making, I will do the models.

Steve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP