Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Bash
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:12 pm 

Flug wrote:
For the multiplayer stuff, if you have everything else working, I would be more than happy to take a crack at making it multi-player. I've gotten pretty quick at it (usually a day or so once I really dig in). Just let me know if/when I should take a crack at it.

We need to complete more before we start thinking about multi-player but this would be absolutely cool! I revised my previous posting to include a needs list. You can see we are not there yet.

George

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm 

I am good with Flug doing the multiplayer when we are ready.
Thx Flug !

Just a note to those testing...the Krokofant demo version has alot of cheat codes that you should
be aware of the make the DMD do strange stuff if your flippers and bump keys setting conflict...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 am 

Great To-Do list George !
Thanks for all the work...

Here is the GoPinball Monster Bash Team
(Previous:Happycab, Glxb, Krokofant, WiredWorm et al)
Current Team: GeorgeH, Wild, Gin, gibsmedat, Flug, Gimli and anyone else who offers to put their two cents in

Here is my current version for people to test (I have called it VERSION 2.0, if that is OK
not because I've done much, but just to mark a new beginning :)
You must use a recent version of BAM please
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaoatihvogcux ... h.rar?dl=0

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''List of Additons and Fixes by GoPinball Monster Bash Team''''''''''''''''''''''
'Gimli added the multiplayer notificatons (insert coin, go player and stats and all player score board ) to prepare for addition of True Multipalyer mode by Flug
'multiplayer score didn't work at all, this is fixed now
'These multiplayer notifications are only evident when playing a Multiplayer Game.
'insert coin key and start game key will display stats after first ball is played
'added bobble effects to Franky and Drac. Add animated mummy to rise from sarcophagus at start of Mummy Mayhem (we can take or leave this in the final release...)
'fixed DMD crash at End of Mummy Mayhem (at least I thought I did :? )
'added Toggle Hud code
'added BAM high score crash fix
'added xBAM.GameRoom code
'added GeorgeH To Do list, rules and video links in code for reference (to be updated as we go and then removed when finished)
'copious cheat code put under "Sub CheatCodes". Just copy them as needed under "Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)"
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

We haven't decide on team protocol yet but may I suggest at least for now, as I have offered to work on code bugs and updating rules that:

1. If it is okay with the team, I will be the keeper of the Monster Bash, most up to date version, until we hand it off to Flug.

2.If anyone wishes to attack a certain section of To-Do list (ie "Creature Feature" needs...) that they notify the team and remember to remark in the code where any additions or changes have been made with their "Gopinball user name" We will remove all our remarks prior to formal release.
I am delighted if anyone wishes to try their hand at anything on the list and I certainly don't feel the need to be in control...
3.I can update the dropbox link if people wish to try as we go, or for team to have access to current version.

4.It is important that we don't have a million versions floating around, going off in different directions.

5.If it is ok GeorgeH and I will keep track of partiicpants and their progress....

All of the above are open to clarification and discusson. If it gets too confusing we may shut down open access to the WIP, except to those that choose to participate in the team...

I hope this isn't too crazy and that it will be an enjoyable journey as we work together on this already great table !

We will try to make the recreation as accurate as possible...but may stray here and there in minor ways if for some reason the team agrees...we can always have menu options to toggle between "Authentic" vs "Any Custom Stuff We Do"

Cheers

Last edited by Gimli on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:33 am 

Wild, can you jazz up the hud DMD with a frame?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:49 am 

Gimli wrote:
Great To-Do list George !
Thanks for all the work...

You're welcome. After I read the first draft, it didn't make much sense but I think it is better now. We can make changes as needed.

Everything you posted sounds good.

George

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 am 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaoatihvogcux ... h.rar?dl=0
Should always be same link, I will not update name or version number.

Check script for Dates and Summary of Update.
To-Do List in code will show "STATUS FIXED" when an item is completed

'March 17, 2018
Item 6) STATUS FIXED
'Full Moon Fever '4 orbits Finishes mode not 2 (Gimli Doubled number of "wolf rounds" to 8 as it counts twice with each loop (because both Trigger9 and Gate4 get hit)
'All mode cheat codes can be selected for Keycodes = 47 and 48 (V and B on keyboard)
'47 start selected mode and 48 stops selected mode
'Added debug text to count "wolf Rounds"

Code:
If keycode = 47 then
   'startcreature()
   'startfranky()
   startfullmoon()
   'startmayhem()
   'startdrac()
   'startbandc()
   End if

if keycode = 48  then
   'stopcreature()
   'stopfranky()
   stopfullmoon()
   'stopmayhem()
   'stopdrac()
   'stopbandc()
   End if

***TIP for Testers*****
This game has excellent Debug Coding if you play the table after pressing F9 from table editor.
It tells you the status of each mode and what triggers and gates are relevant for each mode

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 pm 

George/Gimli,

Great posts... :) and have to agree with the method of version control.... will help prevent too many changes moving forward.

Gin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:48 pm 

I just realized I made a mistake in the To Do list after watching several tables play on YouTube. The head of the monster lights at the start of the mode. If you complete the mode, then the light for the musical instrument lights up. So it is easier to start "Monster Bash" than it is to start "Monsters of Rock".

Sorry for the mistake. I'll fix the rules here in a bit.

George

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:04 pm 

I revised the To Do list on page 44. I tested Gimli's fix and it tested perfectly! I revised the status on #6 of the To Do list to not only show that it was fixed but also tested. It looks like my mistake did no harm.

George

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:38 am 

Thx Gin and George.
viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=3&t=97&p=85998#p85998

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP