Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Bash
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:52 pm 

George I sent you a PM with the audio.

So there's a little difference between the table on PinsimDB and the one posted here? I've been playing the one from PSDB all the time.

I'm also asking Tomasaco if he has some redraws for us, I don't think the existing graphics are good enough.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 pm 

Gimli (George),

Until your return (and for my own learning...), I have taken the liberty of reviewing the Table & DMDFonts library for any DMD Images that are potentially 'missing'.

Having downloaded and reviewed the ROM (from ipdb.org), along with the Manual to review the Switch/Lamp Matrix (using vPinMAME) - it would appear at first glance that there are none of the associated "Game" related animations not included in the DMD Fonts that Krokofant has provided... as for if they are all present and used within the script (I can not say - as I have not completed everything with the 'Ball Roller' enabled * i.e.: all the game rules * and/or by playing the game (as I'm not that good LOL)).

** FYI: I Used Gfx2DMD Application to view the contents of the DMD Font files **

However, I have not been able to locate the "Williams presents", "Monsters" etc. related scenes that seem to be present in the 'Attract' mode; I'm still very new to this - so I've probably missed something along the way :o ).

Anyway, once you have completed you review, could you please confirm/clarify my findings.... :?:

Gin

Last edited by Gin on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:34 pm 

gibsmedat wrote:
George I sent you a PM with the audio.

So there's a little difference between the table on PinsimDB and the one posted here? I've been playing the one from PSDB all the time.

I'm also asking Tomasaco if he has some redraws for us, I don't think the existing graphics are good enough.

The one I posted is the same link that Krokofant posted on page 42 of this WIP that includes the work on the DMD that he completed. He said he tweaked the table for Fullmoon and changed some lights / bumpers.

Both versions of the table posted on PinsimDB pretty much just show the score on the DMD and that is about it. Krokofant's version has lots of DMD animations. He may have completed all of the DMD work. Gimli is going to check that.

I compared some of your audio files to the ones on the table. It looks like the sounds on the table used the same source as your files. The ones on the table have 2 channels of identical audio and were amplified slightly. I couldn't tell much difference when I changed the amplification so the level from the table and your audio files were the same. Your audio files have a single channel. The guys that build tables usually duplicate single channel sound so there are 2 channels to be sure that sound gets to both speakers on your PC. It appears you may have more sounds than are on the table so we might use them if needed

It doesn't appear to me that we need to do a complete replacement of the audio on the table. What do you think?

George

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:59 am 

Gin wrote:
.However, I have not been able to locate the "Williams presents", "Monsters" etc. related scenes that seem to be present in the 'Attract' mode; I'm still very new to this - so I've probably missed something along the way :o ).

Anyway, once you have completed you review, could you please confirm/clarify my findings.... :?:

Well done Gin!
Attract mode is a small piece of the puzzle ...but still the frames must be somewhere ...if not we can perhaps grab "Williams Presents" from another table? Or try dumping the dmdf's again?

Dumping to a text file apparently is simple feature of pinmame providing you check the right boxes, create the properly named dump directory, and output filename, press F6, click your heels twice and say password in ancient elvish :)

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3059-pin2dmd-editor/

Then apparently you have to load a gz archive of text file into Gfx2DMD or Pin2DMD or DMDpaint ? and export as dmdf's....
viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=55&t=5410&p=76068#p76068

I am not sure if this is right perhaps Franzleo or Popotte or Smoke knows?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 am 

Thanks Gimli...

Slight update... As described, the "Williams" presents, Monsters, etc... (part of the attract mode) animations - these I have already managed to extract from the ROM using vPinMAME... imported the 'dump.txt' file into DMDPaint and created a DMDFont containing all of the images... which I can open in Gfx2DMDf/Future Pinball :P ; starting to get the hang of it... LOL.

I just need to make the images more clear etc., as described in the thread here... http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5410

Once done, I will provide a link and make them available for use in the script... ;)

Gin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 am 

Wow that was fast cooool !

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:36 pm 

I reviewed the Williams set of rules and tried out the table using the manual ball roller during some games. The only modes that obviously needs DMD work is the "Mosh Pit" and the one for when an extra ball is awarded. I was unable to get the modes for Monster Bash or Monsters of Rock to work because I was unable to complete what was needed for the modes to start.

There are 2 ROMs at this link. I don't know if they are different that the ones on IPDB.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Wi ... oms.html#m

The Williams set of rules is here:

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4441/MOSTERB.HTM

Another set of rules is here which I thought was helpful:

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Wi ... /rules.htm

This video has a discussion of a few of the rules. You will want to advance the video and start it at 9 minutes into the video before you start watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGx9Pew1oS0

There is no music during the attract sequence. I have watched some videos of the table. These 2 videos shows no sound during the attract sequence so I guess there is none:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TxOn51ZeMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a3NuEwyt68

You might want to add the same plunger we used on CFTBL. This table just uses an autoplunger.

The 6 monster modes are:
Creature Feature (Creature from the Black Lagoon)
Ball & Chain (Bride of Frankenstein)
Frankenstein Multiball
Mummy Mayhem
Full Moon Fever (Wolfman)
Drac Attack (Dracula)

An overview of the rules are you have to have started the above 6 monster modes in order to start Monster Bash multiball. Completing the modes lights musical instruments that are located just above the flippers. When you get all 6 instruments, Monsters of Rock multiball starts. Hitting the Mosh Pit (center lane) 6 times starts a multiball also. There are 3 Phantom Flip targets that if hit 7 times will automatically fire the flippers when the ball goes down the inlanes to the flipper. There is a scoop that starts some of the modes when hit but also produces random awards when hit.

Williams Rule Review:

Creature Feature

Just about everything works correctly. You hit the creature kicker 4 times to start the mode and then hit the targets with the lit arrows. After hitting a target, the timer resets to 20 seconds and works correctly. I was not able to get the saxophone to light in front of the flippers for monsters of rock.

Needed:

1) Need to light the face of the Creature when the mode starts (the mode starts by hitting the creature kicker 4 times). Light the saxophone when the mode is completed. The mode is complete after you hit both loops, both ramps, and the Mosh lane in any order before the timer runs out.

2) Make sure the scoring works according to the rules. We should add a cheat code that completes this mode for testing purposes.

3) If a Spear Gun (see monster bombs) has been awarded, make sure it spots one shot (either loop, either ramp, or the Mosh lane) when the user presses the launch button.

Full Moon Fever (Wolfman)

Hitting the right orbit 4 times starts the mode. The right and left orbit open up to each other so the ball will go all the way around so the right orbit goes all the way around the to the left orbit and vice versa (which the rules call a "Loop Shot"). This works. The light for the drums in front of the flippers lit after completing 2 Loop Shots. I managed to get the Wolfman's face to light on completion of the mode.

Needed:

4) Make sure the scoring works according to the rules. We should add a cheat code that completes this mode for testing purposes.

5) If a Silver Bullet (see monster bombs) has been awarded, make sure it spots one shot through a loop when the user presses the launch button.

6) STATUS: FIXED/TESTED GOOD The light for the drums in front of the flippers is lit after completing 2 Loop Shots. It needs to be changed so it lights after 4 Loop Shots.

Ball & Chain

The mode starts when you hit the left and right ramps 3 times each. A 30 second timer is supposed to be reset up to 3 times when you hit the Mosh Pit. The current version only works for 30 seconds (no resets). The mode is finished by hitting the 2 ramps 3 more times each and you earn a microphone which doesn't work either. The DMD appears to work.

Needed:

6) Add timers to extend the mode by 30 seconds when you hit the Mosh Pit up to 3 times.

7) Make sure the scoring works according to the rules. We should add a cheat code that completes this mode for testing purposes.

8) If a Hair Dryer (see monster bombs) has been awarded, make sure it spots hitting one of the ramps when the user presses the launch button.

9) Need to light the face of the Bride of Frankenstein when the mode starts (the mode starts by hitting the left and right ramps 3 times each). Light the Microphone when the mode is completed. The mode is complete after you hit both loops, both ramps, and the Mosh lane in any order before the timer runs out.

Frankenstein Multiball

When multiball starts (the DMD animation is cool here), you get normal jackpots by hitting the ramps and orbits with the red arrows. Anytime you hit Frankenstein, you get super jackpots. The rules say the number of arrows you shoot before hitting Frankenstein is supposed to turn a Super Jackpot into a Double or Triple Super Jackpot. I was never able to get double or triple jackpots. The rules also talk about collecting a keyboard after hitting Frankenstein 6 times but the light for it never lit that is in front of the flipper.

Needed:

10) Add the Double or Triple Super Jackpots. Make sure the scoring works according to the rules. We should add a cheat code that completes this mode for testing purposes.

11) If a flaming torch (see monster bombs) has been awarded, make sure it spots one hit on Frankenstein when the user presses the launch button.

12) Light the face of the Frankenstein when the mode starts (the mode starts by hitting his gate 7 times to open it and hitting the opened ramp). The Keyboard needs to be lit when the mode is completed. The mode is completed after hitting Frankenstein 6 times.

13) Need to add this feature that is in the rules: "If you did not get the keyboard during multiball, Frank will raise up and re-expose the center ramp to restart Frankenstein monoball. This is the "last chance" analog of the super jackpot sudden death in AFM or the Battle for the Kingdom sudden death in Medieval Madness. You have 15 seconds to pound away on Frankenstein and get the remaining amount of super jackpots to spot the keyboard. Each hit on Frank restarts the timer at 15 seconds; regular jackpots may still be collected and will stil light double and triple super jackpots. The last chance will remain active if Mosh Pit multiball is started, and presumably also during Monster Bash (but you must start last chance before starting the multiball)."

Mummy Mahem

After completing something like 55 bumper hits, you hit the scoop to start the mode. Everything appeared to work correctly but was never able to get the bass instrument to illuminate even though my score exceeded 7.5 m at the end of the mode.

Needed:

14) Make sure the scoring works according to the rules. Be sure the bonus of 250K is awarded if 7.5 m is scored in 35 seconds. We should add a cheat code that completes this mode for testing purposes.

15) If an Ancient Scroll (see monster bombs) has been awarded, make sure it spots one mayhem jackpot when the user presses the launch button.

16) Need to light the face of the Mummy when the mode starts (The mode starts by hitting about 55 bumpers and then hitting the scoop). Light the Bass Instrument when the mode is completed. The mode is complete after you score 7.5 m before the 45 second timer ends.

Drac Attack

It works OK up until you start hitting Dracula when he comes out. When you hit him twice, his face lights on the playfield and the mode ends. The rules say that when you hit him, the timer is supposed to reset for another 30 seconds (this doesn't work). You are supposed to hit him 5 times to get the guitar to illuminate and the DMD has a message that says this. ...But it only takes 2 hits to end the mode. I was unable to get his guitar to illuminate.

Needed:

17) Add a timer to so each time when you hit Dracula, you get another 30 seconds to hit him again.

18) Change the number of hits to complete the mode from 2 to 5.

19) Make sure the scoring works according to the rules. We should add a cheat code that completes this mode for testing purposes.

20) If a Garlic Clove (see monster bombs) has been awarded, make sure it spots one hit on Dracula.

16) Need to light the Guitar when the mode is completed. The mode is complete after you hit Dracula 5 times.

Extra Ball and Special

I was unable to get more than 1 monster to light or more than 1 instrument to light so I could not test these functions. I was only able to light extra ball by hitting the Mosh Pit 12 times.

Needed:

17) Test this section of the rules after we get lights for the monsters and instruments working. This is discussed in Section 3.7 of the rules but continued in section 6.2. Need to review both sections. Note that section 6.2 discusses an animation for the extra ball that I did not see and may need to add.

Monster Bombs

The Dracula bomb for the garlic cloves is awarded correctly. The only award I got for completing the skill shot is the spear gun. At 3, 9, 15, 21, 27 etc hits (number of hits plus 6) the DMD just says "Something Collected".

Needed:

18) Check the skill shot to make sure all 6 Monster Bombs are randomly awarded. I was only able to get the spear gun when I tested it.

19) Check the Mosh Pit hits. Make sure a Monster Bomb is awarded at 3, 9, 15, 21, 27 etc hits (number of hits plus 6).

Instrument Bonus

I was only able to light the drums for the Wolfman. The bonuses didn't appear to work.

Needed:

20) Add bonuses when an instrument is completed according to the rules.

Mosh Pit

The DMD displays counts of the hits on the Mosh Pit center lane. 2 ball multiball starts on the 6th hit as per the rules. On hit 12, the extra ball light is lit. Multiball starts by hitting the scoop. A second multiball starts at 24 hits. This all works according to the rules. There is very little displayed on the DMD during this mode. I found this video of this mode on Pinball Arcade that shows the DMD sequences. The video starts at hit 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6emXFH28OxI

Needed:

21) Complete DMD animation.

22) Make sure the scoring works according to the rules. The rules list a mosh pit jackpot and a mosh pit super jackpot. Completing the super jackpot, is supposed to raise Frankenstein's red stand ups. The rules indicate there is more than one stand up but I only saw a red gate raise in front of Frankenstein's gate in the video (super jackpot is awarded at 1:52 and again at 2:30 into the video, about 10 seconds before the video ends).

Monster Bash

I was only able to light 2 monsters so I couldn't test this.

Needed:

23) Test this after all the monster lights work.

Monsters of Rock

I was only able to light one instrument so I couldn't test this.

Needed:

24) Test this after all the instrument lights work.

MB and MOR Champions

Unable to test

Needed:

25) Test this after the modes for Monster Bash and Monsters of Rock work.

Timers stop during multiball

Needed:

26) I don't understand what this part of rules means. Can someone else figure it out?

Scoop Awards

There are a number of awards that add points but no extra ball. Lighting or starting any of the modes did not occur either as the rules state.

Needed:

27) Add random awards for

Random monster bombs
Light extra ball
Light Drac Attack
Light Mummy Mayhem
Start any monster's mode
Advance toward starting a monster's mode
Hold bonus X (described in the very last heading in the rules)

Phantom Flip

You hit any of the 3 Phantom Flip targets 7 times to spot PHANTOM on the DMD and you get 2 phantom flipper actions. After the first set of flipper actions, the current version of the table never allows you to spot the letters for PHANTOM again for the rest of the game. Hitting the targets later just adds points to the score. My interpretation of the rules are that you are supposed to be able to spot the letters for PHANTOM repeatedly throughout the game. You might want to read the rules to see if you agree.

Needed:

28) If you agree with my interpretation of the rules, make it so you can spot the letters for PHANTOM repeatedly throughout the game.

29) The lane lights for the Phantom Flip seem a little dim. We might want to make them a little brighter.

Extra Balls

This section of the rules was added to the discussion to the section "Extra Ball and Special" above.

Lyman's Lament

Unable to start this mode.

30) Do we want to add this?

Ball Saver

The ball saver is set to 10 seconds. The rules say it is turned off at the factory but I am good with 10 seconds.

I didn't check the easter eggs or the rest of the rules.

Last edited by GeorgeH on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:15 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:55 pm 

I've started to look at Monster Bash and am very impressed !
Great work Steve, Glxb and Mark !!

I noticed on some of the youtube videos that the toys should bobble a bit when hit so for fun I played with that effect (of course using xBAM. Miniplayfield viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=55&t=6587&p=85768#p85768)

Don't worry we can remove it if the team doesn't like it.. but notice in the video:

1. Franky bobbles when hit
2.Dracula bobbles a little when hit
3.For fun, I made mummy rise from the sarcophagus. I can make him shake during
Mommy Mayhem if we wish?

Is there supposed to be a wolf man model?

https://youtu.be/IC7BgUUOxtw

George if we come with a to do list we can assign tasks....I noticed some DMD stuff to do.

I can consider Multiplayer mode (but that will take several weeks....)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:55 pm 

Gimli wrote:
1. Franky bobbles when hit
2.Dracula bobbles a little when hit

Nice!

Gimli wrote:
3.For fun, I made mummy rise from the sarcophagus. I can make him shake during
Mommy Mayhem if we wish?

I like the mummy riseing from the sarcophagus. In order to satisfy the purists that want a reproduction of the original, we might make this an option that the end user can turn off if desired. I'm not sure if I want him to shake. I have not seen a mummy shake in the many movies I have seen. I guess I would want to see it first. Why not make his arms raise up straight ahead of him like he does in the DMD animation? I have seen that in the movies. I'm not sure why he does that in the movies but maybe it is because his eyes are bandaged and he can't see.

Gimli wrote:
Is there supposed to be a wolf man model?

There is not one on screen shots of the real table. I didn't notice anything obviously missing but maybe we might find some better shots of the real table.

Gimli wrote:
George if we come with a to do list we can assign tasks....I noticed some DMD stuff to do.

I revised my posting above to include a to do list. I added an overview of the game that might help before delving into it.

Gimli wrote:
I can consider Multiplayer mode (but that will take several weeks....)

It is up to you. I would like to add the menu that saves settings.

Did you like the flashes the playfield makes?

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:06 pm 

For the multiplayer stuff, if you have everything else working, I would be more than happy to take a crack at making it multi-player. I've gotten pretty quick at it (usually a day or so once I really dig in). Just let me know if/when I should take a crack at it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 63  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP