Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post subject: Re: FPx Table Template
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:56 am 

First look. excuse the Video quality, but here it is, FPX in action. Still a bit to do, but should give you a idea what the engine has built in and what it can do.

Horrible player, but it is actually my best score! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leZ2H6p ... e=youtu.be

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 am 

Pretty neat template. I'm not much of a player either. Do you plan on adding a DMD? I wouldn't expect to see a lot of fancy animated fonts but it seems like a DMD with just the score and other basic stuff might be nice.

George

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:48 am 

No plans. It is just a replacement for the new_table template, and it is aimed squarely at beginners, as it's a teaching template as well. I want to encourage them, and DMD stuff requires other specialized skills, I think most people would be happy to use this.

Once it's out, someone else can do a version with a DMD, or using BAM, or add more stuff beyond the scope of what I have written. I have spent a lot of time on this, but it's enough for me. I have other unfinished projects to do, this was just next on my list.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 am 

Next video of the latest build, hopefully the final one before the RC. This shows the Debug system as it runs through the structure of the script, and also a demo of another way to do the bonus count, a speed up effect. (Sorry for the sound, just used what was already in there)

looks good so far, maybe a bit of polish, but you know what? that's what people are suppose to do when they use this engine, make it their own.

https://youtu.be/8DN4UXhxGEk

Unfortunately, with that time of the year, and personal issues, I may not be able to do anymore. I will just spend the time to clean it up, hunt bugs etc, and then once it is released, then you all can use/modify as you feel fit.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 am 

Seems to works fine ! :D

Good job, i can't wait to see this script ^^

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:10 am 

Thanks. You will find the structure to be very different, as I gave this a lot of thought, about how beginners would want the way that they would be the most comfortable with, as opposed to actual coders, who conform to a very rigid structure because "it's the right way". I set this up for myself, how I would do it if I wanted to produce a lot of tables over a time span, and what's the things I would need to make the process as simple as possible to change over sounds/displays etc.

It will be interesting to hear comments, especially from people who thought of making their own tables but couldn't because scripting is not easy. It's always has been a thing with me I guess. After I write this, I will do more testing. I think it's okay now, but of course, as soon as we all upload something that takes months to make, someone will notice a bug within minutes of playing it. :)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 am 

Small delay, as I decided to add a simple as possible 2 ball Multiball feature as well.

Multiball is a bit complex, because you have to write a lot of variables, and it can screw up very easily so I am making sure it's as basic code as possible. Still, one of the more complex things to do, and really not a beginner thing but I suspect this is one feature people would really want. About half way through the code, balls lock, balls release, the drain reconizes a multiball state, now it's all the rest of the engine code to do, and test, test, test

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 pm 

Nice video, Looking great blue.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:00 am 

Thanks. Multiball is now in, easy code to kick out two balls, but it's what comes afterwards and how the script handles it that is the real bitch. Keep finding bugs though, so better fix them unless you don't want to be able to start a new game after playing the last one. sigh
I think I am tired of looking at it, and using someone else's code and the built in features with the exe is just frustrating. I should have just ported over my vpx engine, far better. But one of these days, i might not find something new to fix, so I can at least upload a copy. Maybe.... :/

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP