Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post subject: Mod Help
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:19 pm 

Hey guys, I am kind of new to this forums and i was so busy doing other projects over the last 2 years. But i will hang out more here and get involved.

I recently started coding with DOFLinx, for cabinets, which allows force feedback like solenoids, flashers, shaker motor, gear motor etc..... to be used in the table.

If you never heard of DOFLinx, here is a WIP that i am working on.

https://youtu.be/e5rprEiNtdU

I am planning to mod several other tables. I have a few questions that i would love to ask table builders.

I am trying to add a physical action when the ball rolls on a ramp. There is a trigger placed on the ramp ( Trigger69 ), and i want to use that trigger to turn on a 5 LED light sequence.

I know i need to find the event or trigger that can allow me to do it but that trigger which is named trigger69 is not in the script. There is also a sound linked to the trigger in the editor but again the sound is not in the script so i can not find what causes the Trigger69 in the table.

Any ideas?

MF

Post subject: Re: Mod Help
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:58 pm 

Well i will answer my own question as i found the solution.

If anyone want to mod an existing table where a trigger can not be found in the script, just add it .

Here is the example of adding a shaker motor when trigger69 is hit.

Sub Trigger69_Hit()
FF_Dev DV_SH, 100
Sub End

Thanks for the solution DDH69

Post subject: Re: Mod Help
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:23 pm 

That should work. Always check for an existing subroutine instead of creating a new one with the same name which usually produces an error. If one already exists, just add a blank line to the existing subroutine and insert your line of code on the blank line. When you do this for the first time, it is usually best to insert it directly below the line that says "Sub". This will prevent you from inserting it in the middle of an If/Then statement and that sort of thing.

Post subject: Mod Help
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:40 pm 

Ive never seen a mod you simply type in to, the save mods have pretty much always been melee/use and a couple of quickcommand versions.

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP