Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jaws ULTIMATE Pro 1.01
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:17 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
With the very recent updates to BAM and new tables coming out, I figured I should completely update this Guide with more details many may not know about…and also to include more details about BAM's basic setup, Pinup Player, Real DMD and LCD DMD, and Pinup Popper.

You could just add to my existing guides. It would save some work.

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:45 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
With the very recent updates to BAM and new tables coming out, I figured I should completely update this Guide with more details many may not know about…and also to include more details about BAM's basic setup, Pinup Player, Real DMD and LCD DMD, and Pinup Popper.

You could just add to my existing guides. It would save some work.

George

This was my older guide I had done long ago, that was more focused on a cabinet setup way back. I was just updating it.

There's also loads of stuff on there that most desktop users won't want or need, unless they intend on running Pinup Player.

Your guides are very thorough...so if anyone has more detailed questions I send them here.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:01 pm 

Jaws Ultimate Pro, BAM CFG file set for cabinet view! (may be good for desktop too)

With Jaws Ultimate Pro now available on SLAM’s site, I’m posting a BAM CFG for you guys to use that will set it up just right for a cabinet view and the ideal lighting he meant for the table.... using his Youtube video as a reference for the settings he uses.

Just extract and copy the “Jaws ULTIMATE Pro.cfg” file to your “BAM \ CFG” folder. It needs to be the same as the table’s filename to work…so if you change that then this must also be changed to match.

Note, that I have this fitting to a cabinet screen so it looks good without stretching or smushing the ball, or using a goofy aspect ratio, etc... Normally to get a playfield to fit nicely you need to have the lockdown bar and most of the apron not visible.

So that means with this file you won't see the HARPOON FIRE Button flashing. You can always adjust the size to see that if you wish.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by TerryRed on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 pm 

This is a BAM default CFG that I have setup for cabinet as well.

The default.cfg goes into your BAM folder. Backup the current one just in case. This is setup similar to Jaws, and should get you a good default setup to use for most tables. Just open the BAM menu, goto the main menu, and choose “Reset to Default” to have a table use the settings on this file. Any table without a cfg will use the Default settings at first loading.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 pm 

Just got done try this table in BAM VR on the RIFT for the first time... WOW!

With BAM's nicer lighting and rendering combined with this table being designed with that in mind, it makes a HUGE difference. Having two dedicated hardware lights for the GI, and the rest of the flashers.... it all looks stunning!

It's hard to describe how FP looks in VR... it literally looks like you are playing with a real version of the table. You see details you never noticed before... and you simply play it like the real thing with how you look around with your head. Just amazing!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:37 am 

Thanks for coming back!!!!. Incredible details in VR with HTC Vive.Possibility to HUD off?

Thanks a lot

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:30 am 

otro5 wrote:
Thanks for coming back!!!!. Incredible details in VR with HTC Vive.Possibility to HUD off?

Thanks a lot

I make a copy of the table for cabinet / VR use, that will have the HUD elements out of site.

Just move them yourself in the editor. Click on translite, select the elements you need moved. right-click, choose unlock...them move them outside of the pink box. Save table.

SLAM, you beat me to it...I was about to report a few bugs (the stuck ball on Orca ramp being being one), but you are already on it!

Thanks.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:55 am 

Thanks Terry. Done

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:57 pm 

What a great release this is ! Had phun playin it ! ! Indeed as you mentioned on your site, the ball sometimes got stuck in the upperplayfield. Good you update it, and fix the "error" . it's a hard one to master, so long fun and playable ! ! Thanx Slam!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:13 pm 

Thanks Slam I love all new rules and features !!

I just played it in VR and loved it...I agree with Terry the lighting looks very cool

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release