Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon 2.0 (Revised Version)
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:10 pm 

It could be all my , " " commands

Code:
xBAM.SetTexture "WhateverObject", ""

I discovered this places an object with no textures in the room ....
I was trying to create a void room that wasn't demanding on low end PC's by removing the textures...but in the end, I created the "abyss " room that is black by Scaling all room objects and walls to zero , so they disappeared...

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
@Table Devs:
There is problem with "Surface27", see screenshot:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/debug/z-fight-on-surface27.png
That black lines are result of "z-fight" between playfield texture and surface27. Please don't put any surface on Height = 0. Set it to 0.01 or something like this.

I've never noticed this before. I set Surface27 to a height of 0.01 and changed it so it is not collidable. It made the texture look better but then the part of the texture that is supposed to be invisible around the outside of the lagoon pool started flashing in a rectangular shape when I moved the camera. The texture is a tga file. I guess I will change it to a bit map and set the background to invisible. This should fix it I think.

George

I couldn't get the invisible area to stop flashing when I moved the camera even when I converted the texture to a bit map and made the background invisible. I think it may have been interacting with the hologram somehow because the background is white but the area flashed black. I decided to delete Surface27 and added an overlay in its place. The texture looks good now on top of the hologram now without the "z-fight" artifacts and no more flashing.

I noticed some of the walls and surfaces on the upper part of the left ramp didn't fit together too well. I fixed them.

It looks like my fix for the ball getting stuck at the top of the left ramp appears to work. I gave it a good go without using the ball roller and everyting worked well. I got 750 billion points which isn't too bad today.

George

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:43 pm 

Today i checke on Windows 7 64 bit.... again all works fine.

@Popotte:
It looks to me, that source of crash is in different FP exe. Because FuturePinball.com is almost unaccesible (chorme/ie/firefox warns blocks page, only in Edge you can go to page after warrning) i put here direct link:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cleathley/ ... 101231.exe
and to fp exe i use:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/debug/Future%20Pinball.exe

Other possible soures of crash:
- Windows 7 national language? I tested on Polish and English version.
- Antivirus/antimalware? I tested with Windows Defender and Norton AV.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:24 pm 

I reinstalled FP with your versions (I have the same), stop my antivirus and still have the same crash. For me, it's not really a problem. Thanks for your help.

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:55 pm 

Thanks for all your work both of you.....
we'll see if others have the same problem

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:33 am 

I don't thing it's real bug but a kind of problem like the manual ball roller.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:07 am 

ravarcade wrote:
Today i checke on Windows 7 64 bit.... again all works fine.

@Popotte:
It looks to me, that source of crash is in different FP exe. Because FuturePinball.com is almost unaccesible (chorme/ie/firefox warns blocks page, only in Edge you can go to page after warrning) i put here direct link:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cleathley/ ... 101231.exe
and to fp exe i use:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/debug/Future%20Pinball.exe

Other possible soures of crash:
- Windows 7 national language? I tested on Polish and English version.
- Antivirus/antimalware? I tested with Windows Defender and Norton AV.

I have the same version and still crash.

Version 1.6 doesn't crash, maybe we have to found what was the upgrades between 1.6 and 2.0 ?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:03 pm 

Hi Turk (Stephane) ,
Have you tried the Bam crash report process and Bam Debug tool used by Popotte?
Rav wonders about French version of Windows ?

Quote:
Version 1.6 doesn't crash, maybe we have to found what was the upgrades between 1.6 and 2.0 ?

As Version 2 does run for both you and Popotte under Future pinball by itself and because your error messages are "BAM" related that pinpoints the problems to the BAM specific differences between version 1.6 and 2.

This includes:
1. Bam Texture swapping ( Almost certainly Popotte's problem). This is used to swap room textures, poster, door , door knobs, walls , ceilings , floors, and decorative pinball tables in Room

2. Bam Games room switch . That toggles the FP default Games Room on/off

3. Bam miniplayfield tool (Almost certainly your issue " miniplayfield_0 object issue")
I used this to Grab the walls, ceilings , floors, decorative tables to make them disappear
and I also used this to grab the backglass DMD to toggle it's size large/normal

4.Bam High score Fix

5.Bam xml physics file

etc....

The good news however is the table actually runs quite well under just FP with no BAM.
and all the Gameplay related things are not BAM dependent.

These include:
1.Game saving and loading
2.True multiplayer
3.options such as easy/hard play, 3/5 ball games, old/new creature graphics etc...
4.Any rule upgrades to gameplay

:shock:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:17 pm 

I can replicate your error message if mess with the BAM_Version code at the beginning...
Did you try what I suggested previously

go to beginning of script where it has

Code:
If BAM_VERSION > 133 Then
   'Pinball tables
   Dim MiniPlayField_0        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_0        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -1200,    -300,       0,     534,       0,     500,       0,       0,       0)
   Dim MiniPlayField_1        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_1        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(   1000,    2000,       0,     534,       0,     500,       0,       0,       0)
   'DMD enlargement
   Dim MiniPlayField_2       '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_2       = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(     85, 426.802,       0,      40,   212.6, 350.797,       0,       0,       0)
   Call MiniPlayField_2.MoveTo(   -105,   -25.6,    -112,       0,       0,       0,    1.41,       0)   
   'Room Walls
   Dim MiniPlayField_3        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_3        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -5000,    5000,      90,    5000,     160,    5000,       0,       0,       0)
   'Floor
   Dim MiniPlayField_4        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_4        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -5000,    5000,     140,     145,      10,      20,       0,       0,       0)
   'Halfwall
   Dim MiniPlayField_5        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_5        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(      0,    1000,   -1000,    1000,     900,    1000,       0,       0,       0)
End if

and simply remove the "If BAM_Version > 133 then" at the beginning of it and the "end if " at the bottom like this

Code:
   'Pinball tables
   Dim MiniPlayField_0        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_0        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -1200,    -300,       0,     534,       0,     500,       0,       0,       0)
   Dim MiniPlayField_1        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_1        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(   1000,    2000,       0,     534,       0,     500,       0,       0,       0)
   'DMD enlargement
   Dim MiniPlayField_2       '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_2       = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(     85, 426.802,       0,      40,   212.6, 350.797,       0,       0,       0)
   Call MiniPlayField_2.MoveTo(   -105,   -25.6,    -112,       0,       0,       0,    1.41,       0)   
   'Room Walls
   Dim MiniPlayField_3        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_3        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -5000,    5000,      90,    5000,     160,    5000,       0,       0,       0)
   'Floor
   Dim MiniPlayField_4        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_4        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  -5000,    5000,     140,     145,      10,      20,       0,       0,       0)
   'Halfwall
   Dim MiniPlayField_5        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
   Set MiniPlayField_5        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(      0,    1000,   -1000,    1000,     900,    1000,       0,       0,       0)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 pm 

Well...
First, I put in comment all the Set xBAM.SetTexture commands: it's work.
Second: I load a 100% transparent texture (named Vide) and replace all "" in the Set xBAM.SetTexture by "Vide" (ie Set xBAM.SetTexture "Knob2", "Vide", 0) and................................. it's work.
Don't ask me why.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release