Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:02 pm 

djlunchbox wrote:
Hey Gimli,

Slam mentioned for his Ultimate Pro Star Trek he had to choose between making the vengeance ship move or adding lights to it. There's no way of doing both?

yep
that's what I discovered with AFM, if you have lights attached to a toy then when you move the toy using FP commands the lights don't move with it....because they are not toys

But when you grab both toy and lights in a minplayfield box then all the lights come with it...
any where you want...and you can use BAM code to spin and shake everything how you wish...

Miniplayfield boxes can even grab toys that are animated . ie a spinning top
and it will continue to spin anywhere you put it... and you can make it spin on another plane while it is spinnning :lol:

You can also take a spinning top and make it a pinball (by attaching the spinning toy to an invisible ball) :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:05 pm 

Gimli wrote:
djlunchbox wrote:
Hey Gimli,

Slam mentioned for his Ultimate Pro Star Trek he had to choose between making the vengeance ship move or adding lights to it. There's no way of doing both?

yep
that's what I discovered with AFM, if you have lights attached to a toy then when you move the toy using FP commands the lights don't move with it....because they are not toys

But when you grab both toy and lights in a minplayfield box then all the lights come with it...
any where you want...and you can use BAM code to spin and shake everything how you wish...

Miniplayfield boxes can even grab toys that are animated . ie a spinning top
and it will continue to spin anywhere you put it... and you can make it spin on another plane while it is spinnning :lol:

You can also take a spinning top and make it a pinball (by attaching the spinning toy to an invisible ball) :lol:

Yah I mentioned this to SLAM 2 years ago... but the dude keeps missing out on all this handy information by not coming here to read more. :)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:41 pm 

I added a copy and past tutorial for Runner and D.j on his thread at VpForums on how to make the Vengeance
shake in 3 minutes or less...just copy and paste, create a timer and observe the magic ;)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
Yah I mentioned this to SLAM 2 years ago... but the dude keeps missing out on all this handy information by not coming here to read more. :)

He came here for a while and learned quite a bit. I am not sure what is keeping him away now.

George

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:48 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

He came here for a while and learned quite a bit. I am not sure what is keeping him away now.

George

maybe he gets distracted by all our comments and questions...he seems to be on a mission
to produce, edit , release his tables

so I guess we can all be happy for that...

I love his Ultimate pro physics along with all the BAM team features (Shadows, dynamic flippers, ball sounds, playfield texture swapping, bam per pixel lighting... and even Francisco's high score entry code from my tutorial) So he has picked up some new tricks from all of us and Rav...so more power to him !

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 pm 

gimli246, on 07 Aug 2019 - 9:54 PM, said:

Vengeance has great lighting enabled by SLAM, So all I need to do is make it shake or whatever you want. Here is an example. Below when hit , ,it will bob up and down along the x-axis by 20 degrees....but I can make it do whatever..all ships lights move with it nicely

If you want to make the vengeance shake when hit :

1. create a timer in FP table editor and name it "ShakeVengeance"

2. copy and paste at very bottom of script or anywhere as long as it not in the middle of a Sub Blabla.....End Sub routine

Code:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Hit Vengeance''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

'Grab vengeance and all its lights in a MP box
Dim MiniPlayField_0        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_0        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(    206, 326.601, 180.799, 346.397,      64, 111.201,     266,     271,      87)

Dim Shake

Sub ShakeVengeance_Expired() 'timer to shake vengeance
ShakeVengeance.Set false
Shake = Shake + 1
If Shake > 2 then Shake = 1
If Shake = 1 then  Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo(    266,     271,      87,       20,       0,       0,       1,       0.2):ShakeVengeance.Set true, 200
If Shake = 2 then  Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo(    266,     271,      87,       0,       0,       0,       1,       0.2):ShakeVengeance.Set false
End Sub

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

4.copy the ShakeVengeance.Set true, 200 under any Vengeancehit - 1 statements like this:

Code:
VengeanceHit = VengeanceHit - 1
ShakeVengeance.Set true, 200

5. Finally under Sub FuturePinball_BeginPlay() add this " Shake = 0"

like so:

Code:
Sub FuturePinball_BeginPlay()
Shake = 0

One more thing if you want a cheat code that makes Vengeance Shake at any time go to "Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)"

and add this:

keycode = 48 is "B" on your keyboard

Code:
Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)
if keycode = 48 then ShakeVengeance.Set true, 200  'press B on keyboard

Works and looks excellent Gimli.

If you look closely... you can see you missed the two lights on the vengeance engines (they don't move). The rest of it works fine though.

Last edited by TerryRed on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:51 pm 

He doesnt goto vpforums much is my guess....so I postd it here. Correct me if I missed anything or got it wrong.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:05 pm 

If you guys have Facebook... I posted a small video showing it in action.

https://www.facebook.com/terry.hagerty. ... 04940/?t=0

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 pm 

I added a video with your updated fix Gimli

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 pm 

sounds great ,
I grabbed the other lights and updated the code to this:

Code:
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Hit Vengance''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

'Grab vengence and all its lights in a MP box
Dim MiniPlayField_0        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_0        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(  200.6, 332.001, 180.799,     360,      64, 120.001,     266,     271,      93)

Dim Shake

Sub ShakeVengeance_Expired() 'timer to shake vengence
      ShakeVengeance.Set false
      Shake = Shake + 1
      If Shake > 2 then Shake = 1
      '                                                    DstX     DstY     DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
      If Shake = 1 then  Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo(    266,     271,      93,       20,       0,       0,       1,      0.2):ShakeVengeance.Set true, 200
      If Shake = 2 then  Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo(    266,     271,      93,       0,       0,       0,       1,       0.2):ShakeVengeance.Set false
   End Sub

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Last edited by Gimli on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 65  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release